Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Renting or Living myself in my own apartment

7 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I am buying a new apartment, I have few doubts;

After three to four years, If I want to move to another country, and I want to rent my apartment for another 15 yrs.

1. Do I need to pay tax for getting rent  even if I stay in another country ? If yes, how much it would be and how much I can claim at the end of the year.

2. Let say I rent for 1000 euros cold. Then yearly I would get 12000 euros. What all do I need to pay extra ? or Do I get all 12000 euros to my pocket?

3. Suppose I have Permanent visa and I come once every year, What makes difference If I stay in another and rent it here ?

Thank you :) 

45 minutes ago, suharama said:

1. Do I need to pay tax for getting rent  even if I stay in another country ?

Yes, you become "beschränkt einkommensteuerpflichtig" and have to declare that income in Germany – everything else depends on the tax law of the country where you will live then. 

45 minutes ago, suharama said:

3. Suppose I have Permanent visa and I come once every year, What makes difference If I stay in another and rent it here ?

What "permanent visa" are you talking about?

4 minutes ago, someonesdaughter said:

What "permanent visa" are you talking about?

I mean Niederlassungserlaubnis (Permanent resident).

1 minute ago, suharama said:

I mean Niederlassungserlaubnis (Permanent resident).

If you move abroad "aus einem seiner Natur nach nicht vorübergehenden Grunde" / for a reason which is not temporary in nature your NE gets void immediately. You can only leave the country for less than six months or a period of time approved by the Aliens Department before (!) departure – and as long as your centre of life (e.g. family) remains Germany. 

Thanks for the info.

Suppose if my visa expires and I want to come back, is it really hard ? Or it is easy, since I own a property in Germany. 

I read somewhere that a foriegner can own a property. How does this works, any idea?

I'm not trying to be mean, but it seems you don't know the first thing about landlording.  I suggest you comb the many, many threads on this topic that we already have on this site before you enter into such an arrangement.

for the permit question, we also have many, many threads on that topic as well.  Please go read them.