Where can I find Testers with DOD Secret for military contract in Stuttgart?

9 posts in this topic

I have a position for a test automation engineer in Stuttgart that requires a DOD Secret clearance. I've searched LinkedIn, Monster, and used Google to try and find folks but I'm having zero luck. I'm getting candidates but they aren't US Citizens with a Secret, they just happen to live in Germany and figured they'd apply. Where would you search if you were looking for this kind of position?

I've included the job description in case it's helpful. I appreciate your feedback.

V/R,

Chris

We are seeking a Test Automation Engineer to join our test team in Stuttgart, Germany. This test team ensures that solutions developed by Knowledge Management are integrated and effectively supporting the senior military decision making cycle. This individual will provide sustainment support for implemented solutions. The Engineer will work with teams to convert manual test cases into automated scripts that can be used as templates for the DevOps teams in their efforts to establish and grow their automation coverage. The Test Automation Engineer will work closely with military and civilian staff to identify bugs or process gaps in SharePoint for implemented and custom developed products and deliver regular briefings/ status updates. This position supports a federal contract and requires an active DOD Secret clearance.

MUST HAVES/Skills Needed:

• Automation scripting skills in ASP.NET, C#, SQL 
  • Selenium or IBM Rational
  • 3+ years working within test automation
  • Active Secret Clearance - Ability to obtain a TS/SCI 
  • Security+ CE or CISSP 

List of Duties: 

• Develop automated test scripts for software products using ASP.Net & C# 
  • Become an expert on the software products developed onsite, continuously evaluate existing products and establish customer relationships with key users/stakeholders of existing products in each EUCOM Directorate 
  • Build an ongoing understanding of customer needs and issue trends to help resolve future issues and improve processes 
  • Develop and deliver regular briefings to senior leadership regarding the current state of O&M products 
  • Develop metrics to assess product health and usage 
  • Perform daily quality assurance checks for essential site functions 
  • Conduct QA testing and troubleshoot technical issues prior to product releases 
  • Work with customers during product rollouts to ensure adequate awareness of the product and facilitate command training, to include developing and implementing user training during rollout support 
  • Identify break-fix requirements and key functional gaps in current products 
  • May be required to sign for equipment 

Welcome to Toytown Germany, @ChristineKeady :)

You could also post this in the 'Employment offered' ad section of the Baden-Wurttemberg sub-forum and

in the US Military sub-forum which some of the folks who already are working in those specialities do read.

They may well know of others who are suitably qualified DoD security clearance-wise.

Good luck with your search!

2B

PS: what does 'V/R' signify?

True, @fraufruit, but 'SECRET' is an actual level of DoD security clearance.

There are three levels of DoD security clearances:[1]

1. TOP SECRET – Will be applied to information in which the unauthorized disclosure could reasonably be expected to cause exceptionally grave damage to the national security.
  2. SECRET – Will be applied to information in which the unauthorized disclosure could reasonably be expected to cause serious damage to the national security.
  3. CONFIDENTIAL – Will be applied to information in which the unauthorized disclosure could reasonably be expected to cause damage to the national security.

Additionally, the United States Department of Energy issues two levels of security clearances:

1. Q Clearance – Allows access to Classified information up to and including TOP SECRET data with the special designation: Restricted Data (TS//RD) and special Q-Cleared "security" areas.
  2. L Clearance – Allows access to Classified information up to and including SECRET data with the special designation: Formerly Restricted Data (S//FRD) and special L-Cleared "limited" areas.

@SpiderPig thanks for that!

Albeit I used to be able to parley MILSPK as if it was a real lingo they weren't using e-mail back in the day so I'd never seen it used before.

2B

Engineers are scarce now even without any clearance. You're looking for a US citizen with quite specific expertise AND Secret clearance... tall order. I would think that if this is a long term position then the employer wouldn't mind the extra time it would take for a candidate to get the clearance.

A secret level clearance is very easy and quick to obtain and is not that expensive for an employer.  It takes roughly a few weeks.  It involves a simple background check of police and credit records.  Not all that involved.  A new one can be obtained.

To find a US citizen in Germany with a SC will be problematic.  When a former military member or DoD civilian retire or leave government service, the clearance expires within 90 days.  It was 10+ years ago, people with a SC or TS would have it updated prior to leaving, so it would hold for another 5 years making them marketable.  The government grew tired of paying for something it no longer needed.  Regardless of how old the last update is, once to person has departed, the clock starts ticking to expiry.

So, finding someone within that 90 days, as AlexCLE stated, is an even taller order.

A clearance doesn't actually expire. Once you leave the position, retire, etc you are "read out" I ends the day you leave. The clearance is not active, however, all your background check info is still there.The Gov doesn't pay anything to hold your clearance, it is attached to the billet you fill/filled.