Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Renting a car on a new licence?

4 posts in this topic

I recently got my driving licence, but I don't own a car at the moment so was looking to rent one from time to time. However even though I'm over 30 years old most companies require at least 1 or 2 years of holding a licence. 

The only company I've found so far is enterprise.de but they are a little expensive depending on the date you book, does anyone know any alternatives?

2 hours ago, blinki said:

The only company I've found so far is enterprise.de but they are a little expensive depending on the date you book, does anyone know any alternatives?

I know that both Europcar and Sixt also lend to new drivers - but at higher prices. I assume that every car rental company  will somehow be compensated for the higher risk. 

On 14/09/2018, 16:16:21, someonesdaughter said:

I know that both Europcar and Sixt also lend to new drivers - but at higher prices. I assume that every car rental company  will somehow be compensated for the higher risk. 

Well as I can tell enterprise don't ask how long you've had a licence so I assume the price only varies based on age. So I guess that would make them the cheapest... 

For Sixt and Europcar I can never seem to find anything under 90 euros per day for a 2 door economy car, and that is before they have even asked how long I have had my licence. 

I can't answer your question directly, but one tip for you is to find the best prices for car rental you are best not to use the car rental company web site but an aggregation web site such as holidayautos.com, expedia.de etc.

If you know which companies will or won't accept you based on your lack of experience, then you can use filters to exclude other companies.