Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Favourite cafes in Frankfurt

23 posts in this topic

Hey there anyone, although I've lived here for seven years, I just wondered if anyone could suggest some new ideas as to their favourite cafes? And, bars, come to that. New ones spring up all the time.

Any ideas?

N

Does the bar/cafe in the Kempinski Königstein count? We often go there for a cup of coffee and a slice of cake. Fantastic views down to Furtfrank too.

I might be preaching to the converted here, but FWIW...

My favourite bar in Frankfurt was always the Lounge bar. Relaxed atmosphere (esp. on cold winter evenings), good service, plenty of eye candy ;) and I never felt out of place wearing a footie shirt in there. But like I said, not exactly a Geheimtipp.

Tough one about the bars, but I can tell you my favourite Chinese restaurant...Sampan, Eckenheimer Landstrase. Best prices and quality in Frankfurt in my opinion.

What do people think of the Taj Mahal. Was recommended it, went and was very dissapointed. Its the worst indian resturaunt i've ever been too!

Ditto!

Totally agree with bee1101.

Think the decor is a cover up for the food as you would expect the food to be out of this world.

We ate half our food as it wasnt prepared properly then when I visited the kitchens it was a sight to be seen. Mind you I always go into the kitchens of Indian resturaunts to 'see' how my food is prepared.

I do think India Palace and Namaste are better, but then again am I expecting a bit too much since I'm never going to get 'home cooked food' in resturaunts am I???

thanks for the thoughts.

Right with you on the Taj Mahal. Terrible!

My local Indian in the UK recently won the best Indian restaurant in Europe so I've been spoiled in the past and I know what good is. I always use a chicken Jalfrezi as a benchmark meal.

However, the Banjara

http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:-7RO8W...frankfurt&hl=en

is probably the best in Frankfurt, but it’s far more like the sort of meal you would expect to get in someone's home in India, rather than the UK version we've all grown accustomed to.

n

Don't want to piss on your parade but I've been to quite a few "Best Indian in UK/Europe" etc...

Did you go to the award ceremony when they won it?

Jewel of India in Westend is amazing, if a bit over priced.

Banjara is ok'ish very south Indian but I wouldn't go as far as saying its the best resturaunt in FFm.

Each to their own really but the food we cook is not what you would get in Banjara, since in the south they use more spices and more chilli. My wife is from the Punjab, North India so I would say the nearest resturaunt that comes close is Namaste and Palace of India (ask Bobby nicely and he'll cook it for you even I was impressed)

Incidently J of I is way over priced and does the same food as India Palace in DarmstadderLandstr

Never tried an Indian restaurant here, but hear that India Palace is the best place to go to.For general input, the Indian restaurants in Glasgow are some of the best in Europe...so there!!! :D

I remember going to a Balti house in Birmingham where they do the biggest naan breads. This one covered our whole table!!

Having eaten in resturaunts up and down the UK you do generally find them better standards from the midlands right up to the north.

If you're ever in sunny Bradford, this may well be of use to you. Me? I'm off back there tonight for a week. :D Aaaaah, die Qual der Wahl...

So what is the verdict? Whichis the best Indian in FFm?

By the way, where is Namaste?

Namaste is in Jordanstr, Bockenheim just around the corner from Bockenheimer Warte.

India Palace is on Vilbeler Straße another good one.

Have yet to find the number one Indian in FFM, although these 2 do come highly recommended.

Only downside of Namaste-when they are busy they tend to forget about you-usually on a saturday.

Ta very much Parasio. i am just around the corner so i will try namaste.