Best podcasts for learning German

6 posts in this topic

Hi all. I'm currently on an intensive German language course, at level A2, and while it's generally going OK I find that I particularly struggle

with listening exercises. So I wanted to ask the group for recommendations on podcasts designed for learners at roughly my level. I've been

through the archive here but can't find any recent threads specifically on podcasts - apologies if I've missed them.

I find the selection on Deutsche Welle a bit overwhelming, so any specific pointers there would be gratefully received.  

I'm especially interested in audio-only (so I can listen while running, cleaning etc). But open to other suggestions too.

Thanks -

Tom

I can't say I used them but maybe try the Goethe Institute's own pods:

https://www.goethe.de/de/spr/ueb/rod/da2.html

Also downloadable via iTunes (the first 26 are A1, the following 26 are A2):

https://itunes.apple.com/de/podcast/podcast-radio-d/id433122457?mt=2

If you want to specifically learn German through listening, I personally found the Michel Thomas course provides an excellent experience for a beginner's level.

Local libraries (ours is free) has lots of kids books with tapes/cds as well as ones for adults (Hörbucher). Work through the selection to help tune your ear! Even if it is the German version of Thomas the Tank engine, it has useful phases, intonation,  word endings  and correct sentence structure.  Every little bit helps!

Good luck!

If you're looking for rather short Podcasts, go to the iTunes store or google Play and try either Sendung mit der Maus or Slow German and pick a few.  They're rather good