Any Americans around Darmstadt?

12 posts in this topic

Unfortunately there isn't any meetups  that I know of but We I host a once a month meetup in Langen, about 20 mins from Darmstadt. We do have a few Americans coming out. We meet last Friday of every month if you're interested 

You can find more information at www.pickwicks.de

16 hours ago, AndreasMA said:

Hello, I'm looking for some people to feel like being back in the US. Hope there is anyone out there...

Hey I live in Bessungen.

I still have a home in the centre but spend less time there now (not US though).   There used to be various English groups that I used to go to, way back when, that had US members, but not so much now as the demography has changed and so have lifestyles.    Numbers of English speakers have dwindled in the last decade (like the UK number has halved) and I think this also means that those of us remaining are often legacy (i.e. getting older).    Some of the more traditional groups with strong established bases still continue unscathed though some people may find these more formal (Toastmasters, that sort of thing).

UPDATE - In the modern way, having mentioned the subject here, I am now getting plenty of "sponsored posts" on social media, as a result of which I can confirm there are apparently endless groups of a religious nature who are very keen to meet us, if that's your bag.   (This would be actually correct, they are highly visible these days, they tend to follow the money, of which there's heaps around now).

8 hours ago, Neudarmstaedter said:

Hey I live in Bessungen.

Bessungen is actually right around the corner. 😉

On 13.9.2018, 10:57:06, mlin said:

I live in Aschaffenburg but work in Babenhausen, so occasionally I pop over to Darmstadt.

That would be nice. Appreciate it.