Diesel cars banned in Frankfurt

1,342 posts in this topic

"I think eventually independent dealerships will disappear, except for used cars."

IMO EV's are too cheap (and getting cheaper) with insufficient numbers to justify any manufacturer setting a comprehensive support network that does not include dealerships. Any attempt to do so would either be too expensive or result in a lack of resources to properly support their product.

> I think eventually independent dealerships will disappear, except for used cars.

In the mean time Tesla started listing their cars in CarsDotCom (And Elon didn't know about it, he is too buy X-ing and Cybertrucking)

https://electrek.co/2023/11/13/elon-musk-didnt-know-tesla-started-listing-new-cars-third-party/

To be fair, CarsDotCom will end up redirecting you to Tesla's website, so you technically still buy from Tesla. So it is maybe some sort of advertisement, which Elon was always against. I think sales are not that good at the moment, and maybe we will see even lower prices next year, for which I will not complain about it.