Diesel cars banned in Frankfurt

462 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, BradinBayern said:

There is a shitload of environmental damage done by ANY extractive mining. Particularly when not done correctly. Why pick on electric vehicles and not cell phones or TV sets (or standard cars)? 

I think hes referring to the fact that many proponents of EVs are often like religious zealots and seem to believe that 

Evs are the answer to pollution problems.

For example this from Keith2011 in response to my comment that I cannot afford a new or used EV.

"Well if all you can afford is some smelly, noisy , polluting  old diesel then maybe you should consider some other option for the future, like a pushbike, or maybe even an e-bike. "

I`ve never owned a diesel in my life but like I say he`s like some religious zealot in his support for EVs.

15 hours ago, Keleth said:

I think hes referring to the fact that many proponents of EVs are often like religious zealots and seem to believe that 

Evs are the answer to pollution problems.

For example this from Keith2011 in response to my comment that I cannot afford a new or used EV.

"Well if all you can afford is some smelly, noisy , polluting  old diesel then maybe you should consider some other option for the future, like a pushbike, or maybe even an e-bike. "

I`ve never owned a diesel in my life but like I say he`s like some religious zealot in his support for EVs.

I interpreted it more as the "Nirvana fallacy" which is false dichotomy that assumes that if we can't have a perfect solution that solves all of our problems (e.g. totally non-polluting EVs) then we should do nothing at all.

However, I do agree that there are zealots on both sides.  I personally drive a diesel, however it is a Ford Fiesta Econetic which has some of the lowest tailpipe emissions around.