Diesel cars banned in Frankfurt

782 posts in this topic

On 3/31/2019, 7:46:39, MikeMelga said:

As others said, youtube, really?

it´s not where you watch it from it´s where they get their info from.

6 minutes ago, Keleth said:

The same USA who don`t really think climate change is a "thing"

Please don't lump the rest of us in with Trump and his ilk. Thank you.

I still maintain that I don't see how any car can be banned that is currently being sold to the public at large who expect to get at least 10 yrs. out of their cars. Don't they have to stop making/selling them for some years before they can ban them?

5 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Please don't lump the rest of in with Trump and his ilk. Thank you.

Sadly for you that`s how the great majority of people see Americans now.

33 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Yes, and before the rest of the world thought we all wanted to invade Iraq for no reason. Also false.

For those who are interested, an EV battery with  a possible 1000 km range.

Innolith AG has announced the development of a 1000 Wh/kg rechargeable EV battery that could drive electric cars 1000km (about 620 miles) on a single charge. 

On Thursday, Innolith AG, a Swiss startup specializing in rechargeable inorganic battery technology, revealed that a non-flammable, lithium-based electric vehicle battery capable of offering cars a 600-mile range is in development at its German laboratories. 

The key difference between the design of the high-density Innolith Energy Battery and that of more traditional batteries is that the Innolith iteration uses an inorganic electrolyte to power the battery instead of an organic one. This option is non-flammable and helps “enable batteries to reach cell-level energy content values that have never been possible before.” 

Tesla models are among the highest performing electric models on the market right now with some of the most impressive ranges; however, the Model S has a maximum range of 335 miles, the Model 3 has a range of 325 miles, and the Model X has a range of 295 miles. Swapping out the Tesla battery for an Innolith Energy Battery could basically double the range of the whole lineup.  

The battery will be first brought to the German market through an initial pilot production, after which it will be available to licensing partners with battery and automotive companies. Innolith AG expects the time it will take to bring the battery from idea to commercial product will be from three to five years.  

On 4/3/2019, 8:22:24, Keleth said:

Source?

Tesla introduced a smaller battery version of Model 3 today in Germany. 415km, starting at 44500€.

Also there were some price reductions on the upper models, I will probably order the AWD this weekend.

Site says delivery in May. I might order anyway, as I can always cancel it, even up to 7 days after purchase.

This is my likely configuration:

• AWD, 560km range, 4.6s 0-100, 233km/h max speed
  • Blue or Red painting
  • Normal wheels/rims
  • Winter tires
  • Normal interior
  • Autopilot, but not full self driving

On top of that, I have to spend some to put trifasic charger on the garage. As I don´t own the house, I have to talk to the owner.

Can either be a simple thing or a big mess...

I can also live with the normal 10A charging speed...

This means I will either sell my Merc B or the Merc C. Will ask Tesla how much they offer in trade-in, but I will probably also post a sales thread here and at my company.

On 4/12/2019, 11:49:59, MikeMelga said:

This means I will either sell my Merc B or the Merc C. Will ask Tesla how much they offer in trade-in, but I will probably also post a sales thread here and at my company.

And this is why me and millions like me don`t buy electric cars.

More people don`t own Mercs than own them,we don`t have the money to buy an electric car when I believe the cheapest new one is about 21k or somesuch.

Used electric you see for about 7-8k but that is still way out of my and many other peoples price range.

30 minutes ago, Keleth said:

More people don`t own Mercs than own them,we don`t have the money to buy an electric car when I believe the cheapest new one is about 21k or somesuch.

Used electric you see for about 7-8k but that is still way out of my and many other peoples price range.

Well if all you can afford is some smelly, noisy , polluting  old diesel then maybe you should consider some other option for the future, like a pushbike, or maybe even an e-bike.

11 hours ago, Keleth said:

Sorry if you are on the low percentile, but the average price for a new car sold in Germany is 32k€.

Take the cheapest Tesla, compare TCO with a 32k€ VW Golf and, depending on your commute distance, the TCO of the Tesla will match the Golf within 5-10 years. 

3 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Please, Mods, please just make a rule that blocks posts that link to ZeroEdge!!!

I second that!!

9 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Please, Mods, please just make a rule that blocks posts that link to ZeroEdge!!!

If the problems with Tesla, i.e, production issues, SEC issues, Musk issues, performance issues and delivery issues were not well known when you ordered yours, I am sorry to hear that.   

The ZH article posted above is essentially a Bloomberg article with some input from a couple of investment banks, i.e. hardly conspiracy theory.   ZH is basically an aggregator and a decent place to look if you see moves in currency pairs, bonds, etc and you are not sitting in front of a Bloomberg terminal and want to know if there might be news driving the events.   It is a site for people who trade actively.     Why it provokes such hostility is a bit mysterious.  

6 hours ago, Metall said:

I second that!!

Of course you do.   :lol:

10 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Sorry if you are on the low percentile, but the average price for a new car sold in Germany is 32k€.

Take the cheapest Tesla, compare TCO with a 32k€ VW Golf and, depending on your commute distance, the TCO of the Tesla will match the Golf within 5-10 years. 

Just remember that a cheaper TCO does not help if you can't afford the initial purchase/investment price.  (This is true for everything, not just cars.)   

57 minutes ago, balticus said:

ZH is basically an aggregator and a decent place to look if you see moves in currency pairs, bonds, etc and you are not sitting in front of a Bloomberg terminal and want to know if there might be news driving the events.   It is a site for people who trade actively.     Why it provokes such hostility is a bit mysterious.  

ZH poses as a financial blog but it is a pro-Russia alt-right propaganda machine, ran by a guy charged of inside trading and barred from being a trader.   The place is of course loved by right extremists.