What's left for me in Germany after Chemnitz incident?

245 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Well, at least they don't marry them and make it official :/

Because raping children and hiding the evidence is better? Weird flex, there, Mike.

53 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Because raping children and hiding the evidence is better? Weird flex, there, Mike.

Was a very twisted reference... but I won't expand...

13 hours ago, gdc said:

Have I excused the behavior of the priests?!

It's irrelevant if the church did or did not do anything to stop the behavior, that's not the point. I've always said: Feral and human trash is present in every culture and society, but those priests and the catholic church act AGAINST the teachings and doctrines they say follow and value.

You appear to ignore what I wrote or willingly misrepresent what I say, which clearly shows that you're not willing to have an honest discussion.

No one said you had excused it, it was an example of central authority and lack of one being the same. I'd say it is very relevant how the church reacted.

What is the conversation you want to have?  

12 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Just because they can't doesn't mean they wouldn't if they could..

2 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

Just because they can't doesn't mean they wouldn't if they could..

The "King of the pedo's" in Rome likes to keep it as is.Obscure.

12 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

2 hours ago, AlexTr said:

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

Was a very twisted reference... but I won't expand...

MM means the horrendous practice of forced child brides - the marriage here being a thin official veneer over the rape.

Happened/happens sanctioned by every religion. Which is another reason why I don't do religion.

Because it totally makes sense to use 21st century moral values when criticizing people decisions that happened 14 centuries ago?

14 centuries ago people already knew that "marrying" and raping a nine year old will not produce children and is harmful for the child bride.

In the original system (e.g. in parts of India), both bride and groom were children at marriage, but then were permitted to grow up a little more before actually consummating the marriage. It was not meant to supply fresh meat for older men.

And yes, the system probably always was abused by pedos.

Assuming she was even nine years old.   Yes, there has been a debate on her age, but the debate ranges from 9 to 19 years old.  Guess which number some people decided to take.

And it was not uncommon to get married at young age during those days.  Even until around the 1500-1700 it was still normal that girls married at 12 years old.

18 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Because it totally makes sense to use 21st century moral values when criticizing people decisions that happened 14 centuries ago?

I see what you mean, but I think we have to. 

There are people in the world that would follow those centuries old values if the rest of us didn't criticize them and say they were wrong.

We decide that child marriage (and the abuse that went/goes with it) were wrong, it isn't a natural law, nothing stops it except the rest of us.  

I read that in some states in the US (could be just counties) it is legal to marry at 14. Some areas of the modern world are not that far away from those centuries old values. 

What i a bit dumb is criticizing people for what happened in the past when they don't do it today. 

I will criticize the practice of child brides in Islam in the past, but I won't criticize any people today unless they are still doing it. It would be like them saying 'yeah, all that stuff that happened after Henry started his own church, that makes you a bad person'. Totally stupid, i'd just laugh at them.

Now if I were involved in the religious persecution of Catholics then I would deserve that criticism. 

14 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

Yawn, Islam hate is so boring and frankly insulting to one's intelligence.  Ask yourself who stands to profit from keeping focus on how bad the Muslims are and from dehumanizing the people that live in predominantly Muslim regions.  Consider who stands to gain from those regions being destabilized, remember who has been working since the 60s to keep them up to their eyeballs in unstable/puppet governments.  There are exponentially more violent crimes committed on so many more bases (racism, misogyny, homophobia, anti-Semitism, nationalistic terrorism, etc) that don't even make the news but outnumber "Islamist violence" on Westerners by a bazillion to one.  You are a jillion times more likely to be assaulted or murdered on any other basis than radical Islam.  Like literally think for one half of a fucking second.  You're being fed a line to keep you hating Muslims and it's not for your own personal benefit whatsoever.

Whom are you 'rabidly bashing' with your comment? The USA and Russia? Its allies? The 'West' as a whole? It would be entertaining to know who you consider guilty of all those Machiavellian plans and why innocents should be grateful to die at the hands of Islamic fundamentalists in lesser numbers than traffic accidents...

13 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

so, is this why you joined Toytown?  To gear up for a bunch of rabid Muslim bashing?  In that case, I'd be just as happy to show you the door.

Point out where I 'rabidly bashed' all Muslims and I can gladly write a sincere apology to anyone here that felt offended. I've pointed out the evil side of humanity as whole and clarify the things I consider from certain doctrines of Islam dangerous. You on the other hand, are willing to only 'rabidly bash' upon a blurry recipient and promote the idea that everyone should just complain about other things and not Islamic terrorism because you do not consider it an important issue.

Maybe you should show yourself as well the door...

1 minute ago, cb6dba said:

Some areas of the modern world are not that far away from those centuries old values.

Just until 1950-1970 we were still doing REALLY bad things. Then finally we started to change a bit for good and immediately started to heavily criticize the ones that are still not that enlightened or the ones from 1500 years ago.   We are the new riches of morals.

Of course we still do plenty of really bad things, but since we still didn't move our moral compass further, we either think they are acceptable or we ignore them.

1 minute ago, Krieg said:

Just until 1950-1970 we were still doing REALLY bad things. Then finally we started to change a bit for good and immediately started to heavily criticize the ones that are still not that enlightened or the ones from 1500 years ago.   We are the new riches of morals.

Of course we still do plenty of really bad things, but since we still didn't move our moral compass further, we either think they are acceptable or we ignore them.

Some people on TT were born before 1970 :lol:

We've only changed as the majority wanted to. There are still people in the west who think women should stay home and look after the kids and have babies.

I wouldn't assume we can't slip back if said people started to creep in to positions of power.

32 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

No one said you had excused it, it was an example of central authority and lack of one being the same. I'd say it is very relevant how the church reacted.

What is the conversation you want to have?  

An honest one...

Once more: every culture/society produces asocial and feral individuals, that's just unquestionable human nature.

Do we agree on that?

Can we agree that catholic priests pedophiles act against the doctrines they say value and follow?

It's irrelevant to that discussion if the church didn't do anything, we both agree that the Catholic church is despicable. I know it quite close, I can talk about it from what I've witnessed and learn form it form other sources. Every human institution is corruptible, that's not debatable and it's not what we're discussing.

57 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

There are still people in the west who think women should stay home and look after the kids and have babies.

I´m one of them. Except that I think men should also do it (except the giving babies part). Because I´m convinced it´s better for kids to be raised by their parents than by some child nursing facility. Especially during the first years.

1 hour ago, gdc said:

Whom are you 'rabidly bashing' with your comment? The USA and Russia? Its allies? The 'West' as a whole? It would be entertaining to know who you consider guilty of all those Machiavellian plans and why innocents should be grateful to die at the hands of Islamic fundamentalists in lesser numbers than traffic accidents...

Point out where I 'rabidly bashed' all Muslims and I can gladly write a sincere apology to anyone here that felt offended. I've pointed out the evil side of humanity as whole and clarify the things I consider from certain doctrines of Islam dangerous. You on the other hand, are willing to only 'rabidly bash' upon a blurry recipient and promote the idea that everyone should just complain about other things and not Islamic terrorism because you do not consider it an important issue.

Maybe you should show yourself as well the door...

In the post of yours that I removed, you called Muslims "feral humans" and also you edited another of your comments to come across less harshly.  You know this yourself, I guess you thought the post disappeared magically and no one noticed your edits?  You're on thin ice.

1 hour ago, jeba said:

I´m one of them. Except that I think men should also do it (except the giving babies part). Because I´m convinced it´s better for kids to be raised by their parents than by some child nursing facility. Especially during the first years.

I'm ok with that.

If someone wants to stay at home and it's possible, then they should be able to. As long as it is their choice then ok. I know some people who love to be able to stay at home all day and look after the kids etc but they can't.

What I cant get onboard with is people wanting women to stay at home because it fits a world view they have/want. We had a, i'll say *friend* for want of a better word, who was pregnant at the same time as the mrs.

She (friend) didn't want to go back to work and telegraphed that pretty much all the time. Saying how important it is for a child to have the mother at home, this was a change of story as before she was pregnant it was that she was sick of her job and didn't like it.

As I said, I'm fine with that, if she wants to stay at home with the kid and her husband is ok with it and they can afford it, great.  Here however she seemed to need all he other mothers around her to feel the same. Although she started off  saying it was better to have the other at home, when the mrs didn't agree she asked her what was more important, your career or your child? Mrs said both, when he told me I just asked if the mrs wanted that kind of person as a friend. The mrs let it go but the topic just carried on with said friend trying to convince the mrs that she was being a bad mother.

We cut contact and we haven't missed having her in our life.