What's left for me in Germany after Chemnitz incident?

245 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2018, 9:16:12, MikeMelga said:

et's forget rapes and killing for a second. I would like to know your positions about the following topics:

1) women's equality to men

2) right for a Muslim women to leave Islam or marry a non Muslim

3) our right to make fun of Mohammed and Allah

4) law of men over law of god

5) Homosexuality acceptance

If you want to do as much as you can for Germany, you will have to change religion. Islam is not compatible with Europe.

Let me ask you one thing: what would happen to a German women wondering around alone in Pakistan by herself?

Grow a pair and complain less!

It just says how you know nothing about the culture of Muslims. Please do not say stuff, that you have no information about. At least we or (some of us muslim) speaks in the first place with some basic infos on christians/buddhists/ hindus beforehand. At least, I do not want to disrespect a religion when I'm talking to someone nonmuslim. 

There is not any issue if a Muslim woman wants to leave Islam or marry a nonmuslim. 

Why you should make fun of Mohammad or Allah? Why making fun is the first thing coming to mind? 

Sounds like all you can think of is how to stir the water, in a bad way lol. 

Christianity is based on a resurrection incident, this thread has had the same thing done.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam all have someone wandering around in the middle of nowhere who gets spoken to.

It's happened three times and we still don't have world peace and we still have lots of people saying they are [insert religion] followers but failing to follow the basic ideas.

I've always wondered why one of the angels didn't tap God on the shoulder as he was talking to number three and said "yeah, I know we always say three times a charm, but we don't think this approach is working".

It just doesn't add up when you read that God is all knowing, he/she/it knew it wouldn't work. Doesn't make sense.

Then again, this is God as presented by the three religions in books written way back before people knew about things like dimensions, atoms, nature and thought we had four elements, three of which were in a band. 

I'm taking a wild stab in the dark, but I don't think they were actually in a position to comment and describe much let alone a potential multi-dimensional being that happened to drop by and say hello. 

God may exist, who knows, if he/she/it does we won't find out unless he/she/it wants us to know. The stuff passed down in the books basically details a lot of very ancient people trying to make sense out of something they could not have had a chance of understanding.

Which makes them sound stupid, but they weren't, they had an excuse, they didn't know any better. Unlike people today who believe crazy stuff like the earth is only 6000 years old and flat. Not to mention if we are flat, we are the only plant that is at 90 degrees to the others (as see them as being flat and round, rather than thin), or they are not flat. So either we flipped 90 degrees or we are the only flat planet.

6000 years old and all the evidence we have that it is older is planted to test our faith. how crazy is that (given that God is all knowing)? You know what else begins with a G, gas-lighting.

It all sounds like your 16 year old ex GF/BF who wanted to test you.. 

Which is why I don't really think what religions say on the matter is anywhere near anything like accurate. 

6 hours ago, latahiti said:

Why you should make fun of Mohammad or Allah?

Why not? After all, making fun is fun. People can´t be politically correct all the time, after all. Christians make fun about "their" god as well, e.g. by referring to Jesus as "Lattensepp" (for non-Bavarians: Sepp is the Bavarian version of Joseph and Josef probably (I´m guessing here) is the German version of Jesus).

6 hours ago, cb6dba said:

Christianity is based on a resurrection incident, this thread has had the same thing done.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam all have someone wandering around in the middle of nowhere who gets spoken to.

It's happened three times and we still don't have world peace and we still have lots of people saying they are [insert religion] followers but failing to follow the basic ideas.

I've always wondered why one of the angels didn't tap God on the shoulder as he was talking to number three and said "yeah, I know we always say three times a charm, but we don't think this approach is working".

It just doesn't add up when you read that God is all knowing, he/she/it knew it wouldn't work. Doesn't make sense.

Then again, this is God as presented by the three religions in books written way back before people knew about things like dimensions, atoms, nature and thought we had four elements, three of which were in a band. 

I'm taking a wild stab in the dark, but I don't think they were actually in a position to comment and describe much let alone a potential multi-dimensional being that happened to drop by and say hello. 

God may exist, who knows, if he/she/it does we won't find out unless he/she/it wants us to know. The stuff passed down in the books basically details a lot of very ancient people trying to make sense out of something they could not have had a chance of understanding.

Which makes them sound stupid, but they weren't, they had an excuse, they didn't know any better. Unlike people today who believe crazy stuff like the earth is only 6000 years old and flat. Not to mention if we are flat, we are the only plant that is at 90 degrees to the others (as see them as being flat and round, rather than thin), or they are not flat. So either we flipped 90 degrees or we are the only flat planet.

6000 years old and all the evidence we have that it is older is planted to test our faith. how crazy is that (given that God is all knowing)? You know what else begins with a G, gas-lighting.

It all sounds like your 16 year old ex GF/BF who wanted to test you.. 

Which is why I don't really think what religions say on the matter is anywhere near anything like accurate. 

I am always thinking why a God who created the whole universe would only pop up in one region of earth telling only those people living there about the one true religion...and that three times. This was way before the internet. So no communication with the rest of the world who were left in the dark and had to create there own religions ( which, of course, are not based on the truth because God didn't talk to them). And then the people who God talked to were asked to rescue the rest. Sounds to me like a very human wet dream. 

My explanation of this is that there is a spiritual truth which is accessable to every human. And all religions are cultural explanations of that truth. That's why the one and only God only pops up in the Near East and not in Africa or America or the rest of Asia or Europe. The one and only God is a cultural invention of the people in the Near East that helped to explain the underlying spiritual truth. So to me God is an invention but not the underlying spiritual truth. That truth you can find everywhere in all religions. It's accessable to every human, anywhere, anytime. Everything else doesn't make sense.

2 hours ago, jeba said:

Why not? After all, making fun is fun. People can´t be politically correct all the time, after all. Christians make fun about "their" god as well, e.g. by referring to Jesus as "Lattensepp" (for non-Bavarians: Sepp is the Bavarian version of Joseph and Josef probably (I´m guessing here) is the German version of Jesus).

"Lattensepp" Havn´t heard that one before. Basically "Plank Josef " 

2 hours ago, jeba said:

You are not supposed to make fun of God. He gets really angry very fast, because of his unconditional love

27 minutes ago, jubinjohn said:

You are not supposed to make fun of God. He gets really angry very fast, because of his unconditional love

Doesn't this depend on if it's old testament or new testament god? 

Old God was a bit more raining fire and drowning people. 

New god is a bit more progressive. He has a sense of humour. Just look at Trump and Brexit, that's is just messing with people. 

2 minutes ago, MUinEU said:

Doesn't this depend on if it's testament or new testament god? 

Old God was a bit more raining fire and drowning people. 

New god is a bit more progressive. He has a sense of humour. Just look at Trump and Brexit, that's is just messing with people. 

That's my impression also. I use it somehow to justify my hypocrasy

1 minute ago, jubinjohn said:

That's my impression also. I use it somehow to justify my hypocrasy

Yourself and most very very religious people 😳

Story of Job always worried me. God and Satan had an argument about how great is Job s love towards god. And we know what happened to the poor guy .

1 minute ago, jubinjohn said:

Story of Job always worried me. God and Satan had an argument about how great is Job s love towards god. And we know what happened to the poor guy .

What about us?

God's love is unconditional, he is like your Father and will forgive you anything, but if you don't go to church on Sunday, or if you do, or even just think about doing, anything bad, he will send you straight to hell. 

(As a child, I always had such a problem trying to figure that one out!)

9 minutes ago, Tap said:

What about us?

God's love is unconditional, he is like your Father and will forgive you anything, but if you don't go to church on Sunday, or if you do, or even just think about doing, anything bad, he will send you straight to hell. 

(As a child, I always had such a problem trying to figure that one out!)

I had to edit story of Abraham and Isaac to make it as a harmless hiking trip , because I had to tell it to my daughter.  They went for hiking because God asked them to, and they found Grill , bauchspeck and baugette on top of a mountain.

The price I pay for hypocrasy

10 hours ago, latahiti said:

Please do not say stuff, that you have no information about.

Those types of posts are like 95% of the content on this forum.    😇

9 hours ago, cb6dba said:

Seems to work fine.   Outside of some pain and suffering, life is wonderful.  

The four elements come from the Greeks.    Earth, Wind, and Fire originated in Chicago.  ;) 

The Old Testament is about human nature.   Stories about Cain and Abel, Job, Lot's wife, David and Goliat, Jonah and the whale are absolutely relevant today.   The Greek and Egyptian myths as well.    Some people cannot accept that there is value in these texts even if they are not literally true due to some personal need to reject religion.   On TT, many of those same people seem to have a very unhealthy amount of trust and confidence in governmental institutions.    Boggles the mind.   🤔

I am taking a stab, but 2500 years from now, people may look back and opine that those in 2021 were not in a position to make judgements on much of anything due to their limited knowledge and understanding.  

2 hours ago, Tap said:

if you don't go to church on Sunday, or if you do, or even just think about doing, anything bad, he will send you straight to hell. 

That is quite specifically Catholicism.

To be fair, if you go chat to the dude in the telephone box, he makes it all good again, so there is an inbuilt get-out clause. 

Essentially in today's parlance it's reflective practice with some mindfulness exercises as the resulting advice. A pity about the guilt element injected to keep people in line, but that's patriachy for you. 

1 minute ago, kiplette said:

To be fair, if you go chat to the dude in the telephone box, he makes it all good again, so there is an inbuilt get-out clause. 

Sounds like an episode of Dr Who..

I was in the telephone box at the age of 8 or 9 reciting my pathetic little list of sins, which were mostly made up for something to say, as I was a good little girl. I was told to leave and examine my conscience better. Guess who "lapsed" at the earliest possible opportunity.

1 hour ago, Feierabend said:

I was in the telephone box at the age of 8 or 9 reciting my pathetic little list of sins, which were mostly made up for something to say, as I was a good little girl. I was told to leave and examine my conscience better. Guess who "lapsed" at the earliest possible opportunity.

The priest?

On 9/4/2018, 10:08:38, BayrischDude said:

Krieg, I lived on my grandfather's ranch outside Sabinas in the 1960s and early 1970s.   There wasn't another white person around, that I recall.  Me sister looked more Mexican than I did, as she had brown hair and mother's skin tone.  I would venture a guess that the stats you offered and found are current and while I do believe them, could they be boosted by larger cities?  Sabinas was or is quite rural.  I doubt that area of Mexico is 18% blond.  Could be today, but nearly 45-50 years ago, it definitely wasn't mate.

I'm sorry to bring up to life again this thread, but searching the forum for news about the Würzburg attack I couldn't found anything and stumbled with this beauty...

I cannot comprehend how people navigate through their lives only using what their immediate observable reality tells them, specially speaking of a country that large and diverse, and/or when the understanding of concepts such as 'mean', 'average', 'percentage' are needed in any discussion.

Strange how the dreadful events such as the one in Würzburg are treated in the 'mass' media...

On 6/3/2021, 10:14:02, latahiti said:

It just says how you know nothing about the culture of Muslims. Please do not say stuff, that you have no information about. At least we or (some of us muslim) speaks in the first place with some basic infos on christians/buddhists/ hindus beforehand. At least, I do not want to disrespect a religion when I'm talking to someone nonmuslim. 

There is not any issue if a Muslim woman wants to leave Islam or marry a nonmuslim. 

Why you should make fun of Mohammad or Allah? Why making fun is the first thing coming to mind? 

Sounds like all you can think of is how to stir the water, in a bad way lol. 

Why couldn't I mock Islam, the prophet that supposedly rode a Pegasus or Allah?!

I'm not a Muslim nor I live in a Muslim theocracy...

A few Mexican females have been assaulted in Germany because they were not wearing a burka and were confused as 'Muslims', thanks to having a certain melanin concentration in their skin. Is that respectful to you? It seems that you do not speak for all the Muslims in the world and your view of what Islam is or should be is not shared by a lot of Muslims living in this country.