Board game cafe opening 10th September

6 posts in this topic

I recently started to slowly get back into boardgames, and in the process found out that Munich’s first board game cafe will be opening this October: https://boardgamecafe.de/?page_id=203&lang=en

They provide early beta entry to the cafe mid-September, as well as extra access vouchers (and cakes!), via their crowdfunding: https://www.startnext.com/zamgwuerfelt

They will have food, drinks, and a large selection of games (400+) to choose from. Events to meet other players are also planned - this is both for newcomers like myself and for experienced players.

I’m hoping someone wants to join me there during the beta phase so I’m not the only English-speaker :) (I do speak German but find it tiring)

^^

Steph

Hi Steph,

have you tried out the beta phase yet? Any good? Just spotted your post and would like to join, I do like a good board game. I can do evenings and week-ends. 

Cheers,

PB

Hi PB!

If I’m not mistaken, beta phase begins 10th September. We’re allowed to take one friend with us (who will have to pay the standard 2€/hour playing fee) so I’m happy to bring you along if you’d like to try it out before the official October opening.

My availability is the same as yours but I will be traveling for work during their first two beta weeks. They said they will have an online schedule where people can mark when they want to come, so I’ll wait until that is available and let you guys know on here :)

Thanks Steph! Today I found out that I have to go on a work trip for about a week. Exact date tbc. So, yes, please do post your plans. If I can come along I will. If not, tough luck for me...

Cheers,

PB

A little update. I've been to the cafe a few times by now, both during the beta-testing phase and after the official opening.

It's got a very cosy atmosphere, chairs that don't make your bum hurt after 30mins, and the guys give good game recommendations. I've talked to and played with several people there and so far everyone has been very nice. Food is good on most days (depending on whether you're vegan or not), and they said they will have hot chocolate available soon - personally I really like that in winter xD

I played Gloomhaven for the first time a week+ ago and it was so much fun - we're playing again this Saturday. We also played a very silly and amusing dungeon-monster-fighting game xD

If you guys want to meet there during the week and try out some fun games, PM me and we can arrange a time to go. Cafe opens from 4pm-11pm during the week, 10am-11pm during the weekend.