smoke mask needed

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have been googling for a while but I could not find an shop/supermarket (not an online shop) in Munich which sells fire escape mask. If you know one, please share.

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, JamesSolomon said:

Hello,

I have been googling for a while but I could not find an shop/supermarket (not an online shop) in Munich which sells fire escape mask. If you know one, please share.

Just for the record: In Germany, the urgent advice of the fire brigades is to stay in the apartment and make yourself felt at the window if there is an imminent danger.

What the fire brigade doesn't need are people tripping around in the stairwell, with or without a mask. If evacuation via the staircase is possible and necessary (!), firefighters will bring escape hoods with them. 

9 minutes ago, JamesSolomon said:

Thank robinson100 for the info but that is the product, not the location where I could buy the stuff.

But you could ask that Munich based company (ok, Freilassing based) where to buy their products on the spot. 

You can also buy them on Amazon.

What do you need one for anyway?

Looks like you can buy them directly from the site Robinson posted. What's the problem with that?

Hmm, the poor people in Grenfell Towers followed the strict instructions to stay put in their flats.  Hope German blocks are better built with properly functioning fire safety features.

Thank for your comment.

Actually, I want to buy a set of items for people living in places where fire safety feature is not good. Mask is only one of the items which I want to buy. Another item in the wish list would be rope ladder.

I am not looking for an online store, but a real store selling safety equipment.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, JamesSolomon said:

Another item in the wish list would be rope ladder.

I am not looking for an online store, but a real store selling safety equipment.

I hate to mention it, but most "normal" people in Germany do not need these things, so even if you do manage to find an actual store, the prices will be through the roof.

Beware of buying masks with a filter that has to be changed regularly - this adds to the long-term cost. A filter that is "out-of-date" can still be used, but you will end up with part of it's content all over your face, and almost certainly in your lungs if you ever do have to use it.

As I mentioned before, masks are available on Amazon.de - I also saw an emergency escape ladder on there whilst browsing, so it might still be worth taking a look.

Thank you for your info, the price of mask and its filter.

In the country which I will bring these items to, the items in my wish list are not mostly faked and the fire safety feature is a joke. Hence, I want to find a local shop here.