Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1&1 DSL configuration with new router

7 posts in this topic

I was using 1&1 DSL for more than a year now and recently decided to get rid of shitty FritzBox (heating, wi-fi disconnects, UI only in German) in favor of normal router. I bought Asus DSL AC52U, connected it, followed auto-detection wizard (selected Germany - 1&1 DSL from the list)... but I'm getting no connection, no IP address.

From the asus log

>authorization succeeded 

> lcp terminated by peer
>modem hangup

So it seems that it's able to connect, but unable to keep the connection and get IP address.

Asus settings default ones:

login\password

Connection type: VDSL

Connection type: PpoE

IP type: ipv4 (default, but also tried v4/v6 and pure v6 since 1&1 seems to use v6)

MTU 1492 (default)

Vlan ID 7 (default, I think I tried 8 or 11 also)

Get IP\DNS automatically.

Fritzbox settings attached

Their support is completely non-competent and useless, the only advice I got from them "your router is not supported, get a new one or use fritzbox".

Does anyone have some idea which settings should I change to get it working? Thanks!

fritz1.png

fritz2.png

fritz3.png

fritz4.png

Set "IPv4/IPv6".

The screenshot quality is low. Does the user name start with "M1und1[..]"? Try "H1und1[..]" (and if that doesn't work also "1und1[..]").

Not sure how many techies with knowledge of Assus router you will find here. Suggest you might do better contacting Assus support or the shop where you bought it from. Personally I have nothing but good to say about the Fritzbox (I have had several over the last few years) where as the one Assus mobo I had was awfull!

2 hours ago, sneaker said:

Try "H1und1[..]"

It's H now, as was set by auto-configuration wizard. Authorization passes with current credentials.

2 hours ago, sneaker said:

Set "IPv4/IPv6".

Ok, tried this one as well, still the same.

I'm with o2, had the same issue with two different Asus routers. Couldn't set them up even if my life depended on it. Bought a cheap TP link one and worked immediately. To this day I have no idea what was up with that. I'm sure it was me and not Asus but even some real tech savvy buddies of mine couldn't pinpoint the issue 

Yeah, it's weird. From the log it seems most things (DSL + VLAN + PPPoE connection) seem to work because it authenticates but then it can't seem to "get" the IP addresses. I looked a bit around and some people seem to think DS-Lite (IPv4 CG-NAT + IPv6) is the problem and somehow the Asus routers don't like it. Of course that seems strange as many ISPs only offer that today and these routers are sold on the German market.

Personally, I'd:

- get the latest firmware

- contact Asus support

- ask on the official 1&1 forum for experiences of others

and then probably just end up using the Fritz!Box again ...