Coffee or Tea?

40 posts in this topic

It depends on my mood only. I really like tea with milk or some coffee in the morning. I can't realize my morning without a cup of tasty coffee or tea. It's my everyday ritual. 

Hey guys, 

Question regarding this topic... I don't like coffee at all, and my tea consumption is very limited to black tea (or earl grey). During work I sometimes get a bit tired, but tea doesn't have a big impact... what would you suggest to drink and "wake up"?

1 hour ago, DieJessie said:

Hey guys, 

Question regarding this topic... I don't like coffee at all, and my tea consumption is very limited to black tea (or earl grey). During work I sometimes get a bit tired, but tea doesn't have a big impact... what would you suggest to drink and "wake up"?

Black tea, lemon, no sugar.

Some blend as black as "Irish Breakfast"

59 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

red bull?

Would it have the same effect? I am not usually tired, just like once a week (normally thursdays or fridays) so I just need the little boost... wish I could have a power nap, unfortunately not possible ahaha

Drink maté (pronounced "mah-tay"). You can buy it either green or roasted. It contains matteine (NOT caffeine), which will give you the boost that you are looking for, without the drop that comes from the caffeine spike. You can buy the supermarket quality in any of the Turkish stores, or go to a real tea shop for a better quality.

You can drink it like tea/coffee - pure, with sugar/milk/lemon, or can mix it with spices like ginger and cinnamon. It's only a leaf, after all.

Tea, PG Tips that I get from the Indian shop in Augsburg, or Yorkshire tea from Edika. I am a bit of a heritic because I like it with honey or black demerara sugar and powdered milk, I simply can´t understand why you would want make a hot tea and cool it down with cold milk.

Tea, tea is the only kind I like however I do get experimental from time to time and go crazy with something flowery from the tea-shop and one tea that I would go the extra mile for if I could find it is Lapsang souchong, or China smokey. But even then I go all british and drink it with milk.

Tea. No excuses. Milk. Little or no sugar. A cuppa for every thing happening. A cuppa for a chat. So tea is it for me.

Earl Grey.  Loose leaf.  Preferably organic but it sells so slow here it is tasteless.  Also loose leaf BOP.

Coffee is Moka stovetop with a bog standard organic espresso ready ground.  Rough but fond of it.

We have a little independent supermarket on the site of a former Lidl run by an Afghan I think. He gets PG Tips in loose and tea bag form and he also gets Tea made by Ahmad, London. Obviously PG is well known but the Ahmad is also good and comes as English, Breakfast or Asam mix and it's not expensive at 4,50€ for 100 bags.

Coffee, generally only in the mornings. Moka pot, dash of milk, never sugar. I only buy region-specific beans. I like Mexican or Central Americans beans best for every day use, Congolese or Kenyan/central African beans sometimes. Ethiopian beans for a splurge. I used to live close to a great Ethiopian cafe run by actual Ethiopians using only Ethiopian beans. You not only ordered your drink/style, but which of a dozen different beans you wanted it made with. They roasted/ground on-site, and it was no more expensive than other cafés either.

I drink tea at work, usually green, but sometimes herbal "teas" or black from time to time. 

Hey guys, 

Two cups of tea. (Kidding.) 

Eat a banana. They're shown to keep the same energy levels up for longer time (slow release)  than caffeinated energy drinks. They're also good for your blood/heart health and help your metabolism in general (via inulin), so you can avoid dramatic spikes and crashes. You shouldn't "need" a chemical jolt to keep you going. 

On 4.2.2020, 17:42:38, snowingagain said:

Earl Grey.  Loose leaf.  Preferably organic but it sells so slow here it is tasteless.  Also loose leaf BOP.

Coffee is Moka stovetop with a bog standard organic espresso ready ground.  Rough but fond of it.

Earl Grey is never wrong. I like to drink it very much.

Earl Grey,  Darjeeling.   or  English Breakfast tea.  As for coffee- I just use instant, as I am not keen on strong coffee.

Friesian tea works for me too, but need 2 bags per cup!

love a good coffee...what actually is the difference between a latte and a latte machiata?

Also nothing better than a cup of breakfast tea with milk, so i would say that im tied between milk and coffee. 

Congratulations to all those who have contributed to this thread. It will now be renamed "The most boring in the history of TT!"

On 04/02/2020, 17:42:38, snowingagain said:

There is something beautiful about being offered a coffee and your host pulling out a Moka pot!

22 hours ago, CiaraDoran said:

love a good coffee...what actually is the difference between a latte and a latte machiata?

No idea. It seems that everywhere in Frankfurt just lists "latte macchiato" but until I came to Germany, I had never heard of this but seen "latte" everywhere instead?