Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Coffee or Tea?

20 posts in this topic

I drink tea for pleasure but coffee with purpose. 

I feel daily tired at around 4pm, and to stay awake  I drink maybe two or three times a day espresso doppio machiato with no sugar and lots of water.

coffee.

hand poured filter coffee (so trendy now - grrr)

black.

once in a while I have a frothy milk/espresso mix of some kind (what is it with cappucino, macchiato, latte macchiato, latte, milchkaffee - it's all coffee with milk!  gah!  that's rhetorical by the way - don't tell me about the differences as I just don't care)

I drink tea as well, but only occasionally - rainy afternoon or so.  in that case I really dig a nice oolong or white tea.

Black coffee to start the day and then, at this time of year, a thermos of oolong sun tea (sometimes with a little lemon) during work hours. Once it gets cold, I switch to just coffee.

Coffee, and it always annoys the hell out of me that people think just because I am British that I drink tea. When I say I prefer coffee, they look at me like I am some kind of alien.:blink:

In summer I make iced coffee. First I put a small amount of hot water into my mug to melt the sugar, then fill it up with ice cubes which melt from the hot water. Splash of milk. Finished. Tastes good.

Proper PG Tipps or Typhoo tea- and it's a pain in the arse to get hold of. When I'm driving through Switzerland there's a supermarket on the French border I stock up on or in expat havens in France like the Dordogne - I buy the whole shelf out.

There is a German tea importer "somewhere in northern Germany" that sells black "Friesentee" in large 5 mg sachets.

It's not as cheap as supermarket tea but it's very strong and does me for 2-3 cups at one go.

If anyone's interested, PM me.

Disclaimer: I'm not being paid to say this. I'm just a tea-lover.

Dedicated tea drinker.  Don't like coffee.  Here, for the avoidance of doubt, I have to specify tea is (1) black and (2) comes with milk.   Last bit often suffixed with "yeh, I'm British" :lol:.

I normally bag my own at home.  Tegut does good value Ostfriesen leaf.   I think I've seen it in Rewe but never bought it.  Hampstead Tea is the best black tea bag I've found (from Al Natura).   

I also like redbush for the win-win: rocket fuel strong but no caffeine :).  So good for the evening.  Tetley redbush teabag in the UK is a thing of wonder.

Morning starts with tea( chai). 50% milk and water boiled and then tea powder is added. I like it with cardamom, but

My wife hates it. Usually we drink with sugar. Rest of the day black coffee without sugar. Coffe and code goes well together

Chai, cooked, half milk, half water, PG Tipps or something like that, loose leaves without bags, with sugar (must), cardamom, fennel and clove. It's my Mama Go-Go Juice.

And later in the day cold or hot japanese teas of various sorts, form barley to green to oolong, all without sugar. And, being American, during the past two hot weeks I was dumping lots of ice in the tea, or rather pouring tea over the ice. Mint tea from bags (though I've got mint growing on the balcony), over ice on hot days too.

Back in NYC I could get fresh ginseng roots and would slice it thinly to make sweet tea form it, no sugar needed to be added as it was alreay sweet, but I don't kow where to buy it in Hamburg.

12 hours ago, jubinjohn said:

Morning starts with tea( chai). 50% milk and water boiled and then tea powder is added. I like it with cardamom, but

My wife hates it. Usually we drink with sugar. Rest of the day black coffee without sugar. Coffe and code goes well together

I hate coffee but I drink tea or chai if it's offered.  My Punjabi friends cook their chai with lots of milk and sugar and sometimes add ginger.