Germany Notar Process for Separation Agreement

1 post in this topic

Hi there. I've looked through the threads but haven't found any answers. My German husband and I are currently in our separation/divorce process. We've worked out an amicable separation agreement with our joint lawyer, and the agreement now needs to be notarized.


1. Can I get this separation agreement notarised at the U.S. embassy, or do I have to go to a German notar?

2. If I have to go to a German notar, apparently the fees are established by assets. My husband and I are both in our 20s with no individual or joint assets. How would the notar then establish our fee?


It would be great if any of you with this experience could let me know. Thank you.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now