Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Freelance and tax stuff

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

 

I have some questions concerning freelance work and tax stuff and maybe there are some freelancer here that could help with some advice. 

 

I have been freelancing since April this year and probably until the end of the year. Maybe longer. Before that I was a full time employee. I did all the registration stuff and I am reporting my turnover to Finanzamt electronically every month. I haven't paid any tax yet but I am keeping money on the side for when the time comes. I read that I have to pay taxes only at the beginning of next year when I declare my profit/loss statement. I don't intend to do this myself, but instead hire a tax consultant. My questions are:  

 

What exactly should I keep in terms of bills and stuff? Everything I spend money on or? Do I need to write one each one what it is? 

What will a tax consultant cost for this job? Roughly? 

Does anyone know a tax consultant/firm that would accept a freelancer as a client. 

Supposedly there are online programmes that make it easy to declare these things online without using tax consultant? Any recommendations on this? 

 

Thanks a lot for your help! 

All the best 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Halohalo said:

 

What exactly should I keep in terms of bills and stuff? Everything I spend money on or? Do I need to write one each one what it is? 

 

You need to keep anything that is useful as proof - you are the one that has to proof (business) expenses.

 

56 minutes ago, Halohalo said:

What will a tax consultant cost for this job? Roughly? 

 

Impossible to say, it's based on the turnover and the amount of work to be done. Get a quote before you hire, fees are regulated by law.

 

56 minutes ago, Halohalo said:

Does anyone know a tax consultant/firm that would accept a freelancer as a client. 

 

I wouldn't know any who doesn't. 

 

56 minutes ago, Halohalo said:

Supposedly there are online programmes that make it easy to declare these things online without using tax consultant? Any recommendations on this? 

 

No recommendations. Most of them are in German, so you need to know not only German but Germany legalese and you need to know what to do with this programs. There is one (I'm too lazy now to use the search function for the name) that is in English and IIRC Polish but their support seems to be insufficient because many people came here and expected support, mostly by PandaMunich.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0