The neighbour and the Hosepipe

38 posts in this topic

Okay first a bit of background.

We've lived in the house for 5 year.

Initially we got on with the neighbours but after a short time she showed her true colours.

She is intolerant, inconsiderate and slightly racist (told me that I should go home, Germany is only for Germans).

She has many silly games that she uses to try and get a rise out of us. - Terrace radio on loud, lawnmower running but not being used, etc.

We just turn the other cheek and let her get on with it. They are both Harz4 and have, simply, too much time on their hands.

So Monday my wife has cooked a cake and has placed it on the open window sill to cool.

The window faces into the hof of the neighbour who at the time was watering her flowers with a hosepipe.

My wife politely asked her to be careful with the hosepipe because of the cake. The neighbour laughs and says that the cake only cost a couple of euros to make and then she turned the hosepipe on my wife and the cake twice laughing out loud at the same time.

This not the first time we've had hosepipe problems, she regularly washes our windows for us. I once opened the window to berate her, she turned the hosepipe on me (I have a photo of this).

My brother was a witness to the whole affair.

Is there any action that we can do?

That was my first fhought, I suspect they'll just say - nobody injured, no damage done, civil matter.

The wife has been to the Rathaus and they've put in contact with the office for local/neighbour problems. I suspect they will turn out to be papertigers.

I'll act on your suggestion and give the scuffers a bell.

Thanks

Paul

Just a little talking to might do her some good. A letter from the Rathaus may also work. I know you aren't seeking revenge or wishing bad on the old bat. I don't know whether to love her or hate her, tbh. What a unique person.

Start to keep a diary of each 'disturbance'.  Date, time, what happened, witnesses etc..

If you do end up going to court or there is a bigger issue later then you have a list of things which have occurred before.

She sprays water at you and you do nothing. She's laughing at you for being a sissy.

My advice would be grow a set of balls and stop being bullied. Give the bitch a stern talking to. 

1 hour ago, Welly said:

She sprays water at you and you do nothing. She's laughing at you for being a sissy.

My advice would be grow a set of balls and stop being bullied. Give the bitch a stern talking to. 

My my aren't you the keyboard warrior!

Fortunately your advice is worthless.

1 hour ago, optimista said:

Get your hosepipe out and shower her back.

Yes, and it escalates.

"Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours..."

Pain in the arse isn't it when the neighbours are not "good neighbours". I wouldn't mind it if Kylie lived nextdoor to me now.

We had a crazy neighbour up till recently. She wasn't as bad as the OP's, but it was just unpleasant to have her and her unfriendly and paranoid behaviour just on the other side of the fence.  Fortunately her husband died, and then her dog (she believed 'someone' poisened it) and she moved away. Now we have a 'normal' young couple with a cute baby. We say "Hello" to each other, my daughter goes over there to babysit, I have a beer with Fritz every now and then...

a completely different world has opened up. Thank Christ.

I really do get your fear of everything escalting - I still might squirt her back though if she turned the hose on me. Ya just gotta ask yourself one question...

40 minutes ago, Aussiedog said:

"Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours..."

Pain in the arse isn't it when the neighbours are not "good neighbours". I wouldn't mind it if Kylie lived nextdoor to me now.

Ya just gotta ask yourself one question...

No, it's not.

3 hours ago, pappnase said:

That would be now.

It's about our only option.

The Rathaus are not interested.

The Polizei are not interested.

And we have yet to hear from the special office for neighbourhood problems.

My problem is, they have no money and they have a history of laughing proceedings like this. I will be just throwing good money away.

I may have to resort to other means of satisfaction.

I can think of quite a few things you could do. You could install one of those huge outdoor motion-triggered spotlights and "accidentally" aim it into their bedroom window, for example. Or if you can rent a burrowing digger, you could drill holes underground from your side of the fence under their property and then flood them. Or "accidentally" scatter herbicides (or just salt) on their lawn.

If you have a good lawyer, he might also make some discrete inquiries about their financial status with the benefits office. People on Hartz IV are only allowed to keep their homes in very limited circumstances. Without a check, it's not certain they actually qualify.

The important thing is that you put your foot down once and for all and make them afraid of fucking with you any more.

I don't know about here in Germany, but in other countries 'taking legal action' doesn't have to mean going after them for money.

You should be able to get some sort of court order telling them to stop. Once that is done, then if they carry on the police should be more interested. Doctor google says that the thing you are looking for might be a "Antrag auf Einstweilige Anordnung nach dem Gewaltschutzgesetz", hopefully someone who knows more about such matters can comment.