Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Scum of the Day

143 posts in this topic

So America has Trump, we have Sir Philip Green.

Another sleazebag that thinks because he's rich that he's above the law.

Firstly robbing his staff of their company pensions, now sexually assaulting staff.

Then he tried using a non-disclosure agreement to save his greasy arse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47179344

Yeh definately has small dog syndrome as well as a very nasty streak. That's why he's a millionaire. I can't think of one millionaire that doesn't have a nasty side.  Branson; stitched up his partners after starting Virgin. Alan Sugar; known to be very hard on people that don't perform. Dyson: for all the talk about being a British entrepeneur he is moving virtually everything out of the UK and owns large swathes of Lincs Wilts,and Gloucestershire. Certainly makes sure he gets every subsidy going from the EU.

I know a couple of millionaires pretty well... and they are @#!$%^@@!

St Peter, point the finger at a person who has nothing to hide 😂😄👍

10 hours ago, French bean said:

Yeh definately has small dog syndrome as well as a very nasty streak. That's why he's a millionaire. I can't think of one millionaire that doesn't have a nasty side.  Branson; stitched up his partners after starting Virgin. Alan Sugar; known to be very hard on people that don't perform. Dyson: for all the talk about being a British entrepeneur he is moving virtually everything out of the UK and owns large swathes of Lincs Wilts,and Gloucestershire. Certainly makes sure he gets every subsidy going from the EU.

Many people have a nasty streak! Many people  earning eg 500 euros a month are envious of  people earning 700 euros a month or look better, have a more attractive partner..envy is a serious character flaw..instead of looking at yourself..what makes you happy about YOURSELF rather than criticise others?

26 minutes ago, john g. said:

Many people have a nasty streak! Many people  earning eg 500 euros a month are envious of  people earning 700 euros a month or look better, have a more attractive partner..envy is a serious character flaw..instead of looking at yourself..what makes you happy about YOURSELF rather than criticise others?

I'm afraid I do have an envious streak but I don't envy wealthy people, just people who had the helping hand that us mortals rarely are given and so cannot really fulfill our potential. However, I do look around and I am more comfortable with who I am compared to 20 plus years ago. There are a lot of things in my life that make me happy and a couple that make me sad but as I can't change them I don't worry about them. No matter who you are, there is always someone above you and someone below you. No point in trying to strive at being something you're not because that will make you unhappy and possibly unpopular with others. It's the way to being 'Billy no mates'.

1 hour ago, john g. said:

John,

We're not talking about envy, we're talking about stealing people's pensions and sexual assault.

P.S. I don't think I'm envious of anybody and I'm happy with what I've got. :)

On 2/9/2019, 11:24:08, Metall said:

I know a couple of millionaires pretty well... and they are @#!$%^@@!

You may know a lot of them. How do you know someone is not worth a million? Most of us here could be millionaires. Who knows? Who cares?

There does tend to be a difference between old wealth and the nouveau rich. The old don't really feel the need to flaunt it where as the new it's all about materialism. Sarkozy was known as President Bling by the French, the Queen in her battered Landrover compaired to a professional  footballer in his Bentley for example.

That might be a matter of opinion, or at least selective.  The palaces,  banquets (naturally with expensive tailormade dresses and jewels), holidays in the best skiing and other resorts, all the queuejumping (best patronages, top society events etc) and rules that do not apply (most recently obviously driving when not fit to) and all the rest seem pretty opulent to quite a lot of us. Evident wealth-flaunting.  She uses very expensive motors (plural of course) at other times.   Then of course there is the royal train.  The "yacht" (large ship to be accurate) has at least gone now.

The token battered landrover would be rather more a distractor.   The footballers did at least do something earn their own money for their cars, of course.  It was not just gifted. But they are outliers.   The vast majority cannot afford a landrover (battered or other) but we are supoosed to tug our forelocks because "old money" does not behave like a sportsman.

14 hours ago, hooperski said:

John,

We're not talking about envy, we're talking about stealing people's pensions and sexual assault.

P.S. I don't think I'm envious of anybody and I'm happy with what I've got. :)

I definitely agree with you about this particular person! I´m just of the opinion that a rich person is not necessarily a " worse/less ethical/ obnoxious  etc " person than  a poorer one. I don´t think a poor person is a hero/wonderful person, either, just because they´re poor. 

I´m sure we have all met examples of all types of character(s) in rich, middle-class, poor people. 

Scum.  Scum.  Both the paedophile and the judge.  The judge had previously exposed himself at a party!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/sheriff-who-teen-child-abuser-13941254

Thousands of people have signed a petition calling for a review of the decision to let a teenager who sexually abused a child walk away from court with no criminal record. 

Christopher Daniel abused the six-year-old girl for two years, yet was given an absolute discharge by a part-time sheriff who blamed immaturity and social awkwardness for this behaviour.

Sheriff Gerard Sinclair's reasoning behind his decision was released in a highly unusual move on Thursday.

It showed he also placed importance on the damage a conviction could do to Daniel's future career as a dentist.

Great news, hoops! I had just read that myself and was going to post it!!!

:lol::lol:

I hope he rots in Hell.