Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Scum of the Day

147 posts in this topic

On 22/08/2018, 09:59:41, razorsandroses said:

On the U-Bahn: Woman eating a sausage. Sausage rolls out of the bun and falls onto the floorboard of the cabin. Woman picks up said sausage and feeds it to her baby. Really??? :angry:

Instead of the 'Five Second Rule', maybe she follows the 'Five Station Rule' on the U-Bahn!

On 22/08/2018, 09:59:41, razorsandroses said:

21 hours ago, Camm said:

David Challenor, convicted for serious abuse, torture and rape of a 10 year old in Coventry. Linked to the Green Party through his Trans Son / Daughter (think he was the campaign manager), denied everything, claimed his victim was lying even though police found the attic as described, pictures of his victim on an SD card and other child images in his home.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/chilling-images-show-inside-torture-13130585

Look on Mumsnet for more info. @Jeremy

Grenfell Tower: Kensington and Chelsea Council worker admits fraud

A council worker has admitted defrauding around £60,000 from the Grenfell Tower victim fund.

Jenny McDonagh, 39, took cash meant for survivors of the tragedy and victims' grieving family members using pre-paid credit cards.

The Kensington and Chelsea Council finance manager spent the funds on trips to Dubai and Los Angeles, expensive dinners and online gambling.

McDonagh, described as a "serial fraudster", admitted fraud and theft.

She obtained the money "while being neither a survivor or bereaved family member", Scotland Yard said.

I'm sure she's a fine person otherwise. We may someday find her working in the White House, even though she's a Brit.  /s

Very small scum, but still...

So we just had a big music festival I worked at.

And it turns out the organizer (let's call him A.) is totally, utterly incompetent. A liar as well. A manipulative big mouth and a sociopath. And dishonest (big surprise).

He convinces everybody to let him pay them after the festival, orders 25 bands, truckloads of beer, fancy stage equipment. Boasts about what a successful big shot he is.

And then completely messes up everything. Absolutely everything.
Right down to basically no advertising  (because that has to be paid beforehand) except for Facebook and flyers he probably didn't pay the printer for either. Drives us like slaves. Alternatively boasts some more or blows up at every question during the event.

And then not nearly enough tickets are sold each day. Catastrophe looms. He goes even crazier.

The bands play to an empty location, probably knowing they won't get paid.

The location rep is worried about getting the rent, and we tell him how sorry we are, but we can't decide or do anything.

The day after.

The cleaning crew doesn't come in. Rumors circulate it was because they'd heard there is no money to pay them. We helpers clean the best we can while packing up. And A. steals the tip jar, like that makes a difference.

A. walks around yelling in a cracked voice and crying in turns. Then he starts hugging us, telling us how great we are. We carefully disengage, give the location rep our apologies and leave while A. is busy doing something else.

3 hours ago, Metall said:

A. walks around yelling in a cracked voice and crying in turns. Then he starts hugging us, telling us how great we are. We carefully disengage, give the location rep our apologies and leave while A. is busy doing something else.

What an awful situation Metall! In a film version of this disater, A. would be played by one of the following: Ben Kingsley (in 'Sexy Beast' mode) or Tom Hardy.

16 hours ago, cybil said:

What an awful situation Metall! In a film version of this disater, A. would be played by one of the following: Ben Kingsley (in 'Sexy Beast' mode) or Tom Hardy.

or Billy Bob Thorton.

I nominate our sociopathic French neighbours, similar age to us. They´re always the first to turn up for a freebie somewhere -a meal, a drink..whether a birthday, a funeral, a wake..whatever.

They are now very unpopular in the village. They never invite anyone or pay for a drink etc.

One of our neighbours died last night. Tables are on the pathway outside the mother´s house, friends and family all in black and sitting at the tables, some crying, some quiet, some reflective, some shocked. 

Clearly, this time, Mr and Mrs Scumbag have not been invited so - just about 6 yards away, what is Mr Scumbag doing? Noisily and shamelessly banging nails into planks of wood for his roof. and disturbing the peace and showing zero respect.

I've taken great schadenfreude in reading about Katie Hopkins's financial troubles.

@KTHopkins: The only thing people in debt have in common other than bad money management, is an ability to blame anyone but themselves. #debtdebate

Social opprobrium is quite a good weapon to take a lot of those people down.    (Not least because they ache to be part of the liberal elite they claim to despise, while not wanting to go near the social groups they stir up).   Particularly the less-favoured sort (no family money, female etc).   Likes of Hopkins are only ever pawns to be chewed up and spat out.   The people they fawn to never have their back.  They are only ever expendible commodities to them.  But she's too dumb and narcissistic and foolish to realise.  A classic "useful idiot".   This was always likely to happen in some form.

1 hour ago, swimmer said:

Social opprobrium is quite a good weapon to take a lot of those people down.    (Not least because they ache to be part of the liberal elite they claim to despise, while not wanting to go near the social groups they stir up).   Particularly the less-favoured sort (no family money, female etc).   Likes of Hopkins are only ever pawns to be chewed up and spat out.   The people they fawn to never have their back.  They are only ever expendible commodities to them.  But she's too dumb and narcissistic and foolish to realise.  A classic "useful idiot".   This was always likely to happen in some form.

Well summed up.

By the way, I noticed there are already some posts about her in the "things that made you smile" thread so I should have posted there... sorry about that. My excuse is that I'm new here.

5 hours ago, DaveG said:

By the way, I noticed there are already some posts about her in the "things that made you smile" thread so I should have posted there... sorry about that. My excuse is that I'm new here.

Doesn't matter where you posted it -

every time somebody posts sth critical about Hatie Cockpins...

another unicorn gets its wings.:D

2B

On 9/18/2018, 5:41:19, DaveG said:

I've taken great schadenfreude in reading about Katie Hopkins's financial troubles.

I hate to say it, but Schadenfreude about the financial troubles of others actually makes *you* a bit of a scumbag, and misplaced in this thread. Just saying.

On 01/10/2018, 19:32:01, Metall said:

I hate to say it, but Schadenfreude about the financial troubles of others actually makes *you* a bit of a scumbag, and misplaced in this thread. Just saying.

If name calling is considered acceptable here then maybe I am misplaced because I think that's well out of order.

She went broke because of her own stupidity and arrogance and has directed nasty comments at people in the past who have been in similar situations, so there's a sense of poetic justice here. It's not like she's dying of cancer or anything.