Deutsche Bank new Financial Assistant - ROBIN

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know or experience about Deutsche Bank new Financial Assistant - ROBIN

What the heck it is? How to use it ? Is it good? 

It looks likes its a tool using which we can do investment or buy stocks but I am not sure about how it  will work?

Bumping the topic to see if anyone else has experience with it? I keep getting emails from DB but they are full of marketing mumbo jumbo and hard to figure out what it exactly does, what's the elevator pitch etc.

Been using it for a while and am quite satisfied with it actually. While there are even cheaper "robo-investors" out there I'm quite impressed with the outcome - at least so far, meaning over the last 9 months.

No, I don't work for Deutsche Bank - or any bank, for that matter :)

Hi @paxbaby, what I like is:

- Transparence.

No hidden fees, costs are clear, documentation about buy/sell orders gets generated in a timely manner and lets you track and reconstruct all of your money's movements. Now, there's somewhat of a big difference between the desktop and mobile versions of Robin, and there I see lots of room for improvement: tracking tools, summary, performance tracking, ... the data presentation is a bit superficial. I had to make some excel spreadsheets myself to compensate for such deficiencies, which shouldn't be necessary in my view. But it is what it is for now.

- Flexibility.

You can withdraw part or all of your money anytime, it is never tied up in there. For me having this possibility is a big plus.

Likewise, you can top it up with any amount of money anytime (after the initial minimum investment of 5000 EUR), or place a standing order if you want to use it in "saving plan mode".

- Performance.

To me it seems it reflects well your attitude to risk (which is a parameter you are going to set during the set up procedure), personally I'm more on the lower-risk/lower-returns side and I think Robin is living up to the expectations, for the moment, especially considering the currently challenging market conditions.

- Management

It doesn't require you to keep an eye on the markets daily, yet the portfolio adjustments are carried out frequently enough to keep up with changing prices (roughly every two weeks, I'd say). Also with Robin, ultimately the buy/sell decision is made by a human, not by the algorithm; I think is an important element not to blindly trust software decisions.

What I like less is:

- The minimum initial investment (5K EUR) is a little high, and to benefit from some extra bonus you should make it at least 10K EUR which is probably too much for many people (including myself).

- There are cheaper alternatives available, but I can't judge whether they perform worse too.

Here is a decent report on Robin (in German): https://www.brokervergleich.de/robin/

You can find many more of course.

Hope this helps - anything else, just ask :)