Jahresabo Frankfurt 2018

2 posts in this topic

Anyone applied for an annual train ticket (Jahresabo) in Frankfurt recently?

I'm wondering

• why anyone would go for the transferable (übertragbare) version?
  • What to put as the start and end locations (postcode, place, train stop) - I'm only used to buying these cards by specifying the fare zone straight off, I know I want zone 03 already so why should I put an end location???

The transferable element is standard for shorter ones like month.  We can take another adult (any) and kids on it at offpeak times.  (Something not all migrants are aware of given personal is the norm in many places, such as in the UK).   

Really depends if you use that.   You will find many parents / extended family households have one.   Otherwise, it's helpful for people who use PT but randomly. 

That very much is me.   I occasionally have a season and do use it to take others.  More normally, I haven't got one and so ride on a mate's if we go out, when with one.  It's a bargain in many ways.  (Frankfurt to Darmstadt costs almost 20 Euros now, so a mate with the season is helpful, then I buy the food or whatever, so I am not relentlessly freeloading off mates who've forked out 1500 or whatever it is now :wub:).

Without knowing exactly what you want to use it for, it's quite hard to answer the other bit.    In general, I list my nearest transport stop (it's a tram) as the start.