Anyone fancy a game of Squash in Kassel/Goettingen?

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am currently living in the UK but it looks like my job will be taking me to Kassel/Goettingen regularly for the next 12 months. It would be great to fit in a game of Squash whilst over, rather than sit in the hotel. Is there anyone around who is up for the odd game? I play most weeks but am fairly rubbish.

thanks.

7 minutes ago, georgeb said:

I play most weeks but am fairly rubbish.

That will probably mean he'll wipe the floor with  anyone!

Reminds me of my early days visiting the DESY lab in Hamburg - a German technician I knew asked if anyone in our team would give him a game of squash.

One of our students (from Manchester University) was up to this.  Next day my German friend complained that he'd been well and truely flattened.

Turned out that the student's papa was an England youth trainer so the result was to be expected.

Hi Hem, if only I was that good. For context; I started playing again against neighbours when I returned to the UK and was on a similar level, we can have a rally and a run around. I then joined the local club and am consistently in the next to bottom league. I have been easily beaten by an 11year old. It is a handy way to get out and meet people.

No takers? I can offer to bring tea bags, Hellmans or any other longed for goods.

Hi georgeb,

In case you're still after some squash in the area...

There's a club in Kassel (Town Squash Kassel) that trains on Wednesdays (6-8pm) at CitySquash: I just started there too though I don't know their pricing structure that well.  Might be best to just show up and ask (I pay 10€ per month and then 1,50€ per session) but the first session is free so you can just show up and see how you feel about joining or whatever.

There's also a training session at Freizeit In in Gö on Thursdays that someone told me about, though I've not been there yet.  There's another club in Witzenhausen but that might be difficult without a car (though you can grab a lift from someone going from Gö no doubt) and there's a spontaneous group that meets, again at the Freizeit In, on Fridays but that's quite sporadic...

My advice would be to go to the Kassel club as they have beginner sessions (the others are more for enthusiasts, though the Thursday group is apparently also designed for beginner/intermediates), it's by the train station, and you'll be able to get a run around with them...

Hopefully that helps and maybe see you there!!

V

Hello vmm2005!

sorry I haven’t checked back here since last year. Thanks for your advice. 

It turns out i am usually staying around Kassel/ Gux and normally over on a Thursday evening. 

I will pop Dow to the Kassel squash club and see what the have going on for beginners. 

Mid you ever fancy a game drop me a message. 

Thanks again