Fine for wrong ticket

23 posts in this topic

at least my trust in humanity has been restored today. as i mentioned earlier, it was not an intentional mistake and i was already trying to prepare myself to explain my situation in my basic German comprehension to the customer service officer. well of course they made a fuss about not filling in the form and explained to me clearly what i was supposed to do but they still had the virtue of being considerate unlike some of us who tend to treat these kind of situations like machines and can only give a 1 or 0 answer.  on top of that the monthly pass rate is the same regardless whether you have the customer card on top of the ticket. the only difference is to pay an extra 8 euros to be registered as a customer. if i my intention was to avoid paying this 8 euros then it would definitely be my mistake for not following the law but that was simply not the case and i am glad that they at least sensed my honesty. 

at least my trust in humanity has been restored today. as i mentioned earlier, it was not an intentional mistake and i was already trying to prepare myself to explain my situation in my basic German comprehension to the customer service officer. well of course they made a fuss about not filling in the form and explained to me clearly what i was supposed to do but they still had the virtue of being considerate unlike some of us who tend to treat these kind of situations like machines and can only give a 1 or 0 answer.  on top of that the monthly pass rate is the same regardless whether you have the customer card on top of the ticket. the only difference is to pay an extra 8 euros to be registered as a customer. if i my intention was to avoid paying this 8 euros then it would definitely be my mistake for not following the law but that was simply not the case and i am glad that they at least sensed my honesty. 

Are you trying to say they waived the fine and you could swap your ticket (while paying the € 8 registration fee)?