S-Bahn tunnel in Frankfurt closed?

5 posts in this topic

I need to take the S9 from the airport. I see a message on bahn.de that there is construction in the tunnel through the city center but I can't  tell if it's completely blocked or just has interrupted service. Can someone advise? The site is letting me buy a ticket with the S9 included so I'm confused a bit. If it's blocked completely, what is the best way to get to F-Niederrad?

Don't worry, if you are only going to Niederrad it doesn't affect you. The line is interrupted between Frankfurt Hbf and F-Mühlberg.

F-Niederrad is only two stops from Frankfurt-Flughafen. Usually the S-Bahn trains keep going passt Frankfurt main station (Frankfurt Hbf) but until the second of of August they stop and turn around.

I think ever since March it has seemed like the tunnels have been closed more often than not.

@Smaug is right this will not impact you if you go to F-Niederrad. (Although some train times might be altered).

But for the record the tunnels are completely closed due to engineering work (the same was done last school summer holidays).

The tunnels open again on the 3rd August, when the school holidays end.