Your stories with the Bundespolizei at the airport

34 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Buzznut3000 said:

I get asked that question in some form almost everywhere I travel.

Must be your looks then 馃.

@Nocturnalman: sometimes I watch TV about border control at airports and Australia is one of the toughest ones: they already 聽go nuts if you carry a banana or Dutch tulip bulbs. Bogota in Colombia is also no easy walk in the park as if every second passenger is carrying drugs.聽US often very unfriendly.

3 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

US often very unfriendly.

Screening passengers all day always puts a smile on my face.

A Dutch lady friend went to the US with her German BF and they聽approached the counter together as a couple.聽US Customs:"Are you married?" She:"No." US Customs yelling loud:"GET BACK IN LINE!!"

19 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

A Dutch lady friend went to the US with her German BF and they聽approached the counter together as a couple.聽US Customs:"Are you married?" She:"No." US Customs yelling loud:"GET BACK IN LINE!!"

Haha! I鈥檝e come across that one a few times. I always made a point to ask which line partner and I should go in (separate or together) before entering them. And without fail, whatever that聽person advised, the person at the counter told us we should have done otherwise.聽

My favourite will remain the time my mother spilled orange juice on her carry-on bag, and when going through US customs a sniffer dog picked her out on suspicion of fruit smuggling. She kicked up such a fuss when they pulled her aside that they held her just long enough to miss her connecting flight. 馃槅

I know these dogs. They聽carry a banner:"To protect American agriculture." 聽I find them adorable. I forgot the race.聽

39 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

I know these dogs. They聽carry a banner:"To protect American agriculture." 聽I find them adorable. I forgot the race.聽

erm...the *breed*聽is usually a Beagle

I got sniffed up by one in training at Logan.聽 She was so cute and eager.聽 Apparently she still smelled the orange I'd carried in my back pack days prior..her cop buddy asked me if I was packing edibles, I said "no"...then remembered the orange and explained.聽 He gave her a treat and congratulated her anyway, even though she didn't make the bust聽;)

1 hour ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Had a similar experience crossing border into US at Buffalo!聽

I was flying out of England back to Germany and they had a sniffer dog in training. It sees me and starts barking and getting very excited.聽 I was rather confused as I had nothing strange in my suitcase at all. Then the guy look at me and says "Do you happen to have any chocolate in your bag?"聽:lol:

48 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

Had a similar experience crossing border into US at Buffalo!聽

In the UK it would be something like "Miss, would you please聽be so kind to step behind the line?" Thank you for your co-operation." 馃馃馃

US Immigration knows it can get away with shit like this because, you know, trzm.

I was searched coming back from South Africa.聽 Doesn't do any good to get mad.聽 I just fit the profile of a young male travelling alone from a suspect country.聽 I had actually been asked to smuggle diamonds (probably blood diamonds) while in Africa, so the suspicion is probably somewhat valid (I did not, obviously).聽 Just cooperate and realize that they are just doing their job.聽 Things will go much faster.聽 The guy wasn't sure if crocodiles were a protected species (they aren't) so he gave me the option of waiting for his supervisor or giving up my canned crocodile meat.聽 I hope he enjoyed it!

On 7/15/2018, 12:28:35, LukeSkywalker said:

sometimes I watch TV about border control at airports and Australia is one of the toughest ones: they already 聽go nuts if you carry a banana or Dutch tulip bulbs. Bogota in Colombia is also no easy walk in the park as if every second passenger is carrying drugs.聽US often very unfriendly.

Do you know those TV programs are not ... how to say it? ... real?

But yes, I agree, US immigration is super unfriendly, probably the only one who has been constantly though in my experience.聽 The most friendly one has been so far Singapore and Indonesia.聽 聽German one is usually very friendly and accommodating.聽 聽I think the OP had a very bad attitude, including making fun of their language skills and accent.