Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Landkreis

19 posts in this topic

I have been in Germany now for 3 mths and have done the registering bit, got my Anmeldung.

Today I received a letter from the Landkreis saying they wish to see me with my visa (?), Passport and 2 photographs. Haven't been able to speak with them yet as the phone line closed at 12noon.

Has anyone had any experience of this happening to them, I'm a bit worried why they want to see me :unsure:

Is your whatsit a temporary one? (Bit of paper!) My first one only lasted 3 months then I had to go back with my Passport and 2 photos to get the one that lasts longer - 2 years, bit of green card with your piccie on, which convienently runs out 15 days before the end of my contract :rolleyes:

THink that could be it, unless you've been a naughty girl...

'don't know Hellie, when I came over in 1987 I had to get a "Aufenhaltsgenehmigung"

or residents permit which I needed 2 photo's for, the first one was for 5 years and after that I got an unlimited one. Theoretically that is no longer required in the EU ...but who knows what fiendish plans they have thought up to extort more money out of us in administrative charges ! ...I wouldn't worry about it though :)

Hellie,

It's possible that there is a mix up if they are asking for your visa. If you are an EU citizen you don't need a visa and since January 2005 you don't need the residence permit Aufentshaltserlaubnis either. What you should be getting is some sort of certificate confirming your right to residence here - not the Anmeldungsbestätingung but something else. Take your passport with you and your Anmeldungsbestätigung.

I don't think there is any need to worry. The worst that will happen is your collection of important pieces of paper will be even bigger by the time the walk out of the door.

Loopy is right Hellie, and we had to do the same..it's just more burocracy(?spelling!!) If you get a job(joke!!) the same office will issue you with a work permit thingy..

How's it all going anyway? Is Muzzy helping?...It demented me for months that big green monster!! :doh:

Well I attempted to speak with him earlier but his English and my Deutsch just aren't good enough :wacko: All I managed to understand was he needed to see mine and the kids passports, 2 photo's and he mentioned something about work. My other half will call him this morning for me. Just hope is gonna be ok.

Sandra, kids have watched Muzzy a bit, I haven't even yet got around to it. My course starts week after next, so perhaps I'd better get going! :)

Hi Hellie,

knowing Darmstadt Landkreis it will be for your 5 year residence permit and for you to explain how you are being supported if not working (nosey sods). I presume you speak German as in Darmstadt they have large signs printed in perfect English which say " ïf you do not speak German you will require a translator ". I just waited for the letter to arrive which summond me to go and then they had no choice to see me as it was at THEIR request. Best to have absolutely every thing with you and I mean everything as it cuts down on alot of time and means that you dont have bob in and out of the office and sit in the corridor for hours waiting for a next turn, just becasue you did not have a pen!!!

At the end of it all the woman I saw admitted that really you should not need a residence permit anymore as the EU is one big happy family. Yeh right!

This subject should get a 'sticky' posting.

If anyone can find the relevant Ordnung for EU citizens then it can be attached. Then anyone can print it off and show it if any jobsworth starts getting arsey about getting an Aufenthaltserlaubnis... no EU citizen requires that in Germany.

You only need to make the Anmeldung at your local Rathaus just like any German citizen.

There is one problem...my ex hasn't seen or spoken to the kids in over 3.5 yrs. His choice and now they don't want to know him anyway. He is a nasty piece of work. Divorce was long enough and cost me over £10,000 (that was on legal aid rates!) I do not have his permission for the kids to be here with me. Not even sure where he is living anymore. If and its a big IF I ever had to get permission, I am sure he would say no (not because he wants anything to do with the kids, he doesnt even pay for them) the only reason he would say no is because he would find out I am living with someone else and he would HATE that. He re-married is very unhappy and said if I were to say the word he'd come back...yeah right...I really want a sad, alcoholic, verbally and physical abusive person back into my life.

I'm really beginning to panic about this all now :( Lets see if this man at the Landkreis asks to see the permission from him...I'll just have to try and fob him off for a bit :ph34r:

The kids and I love it here now, this is our home, They love school etc etc. It would be a bloody tragedy if I had to go back to England.

Ah well...rant over.

The kids and I love it here now, this is our home, They love school etc etc. It would be a bloody tragedy if I had to go back to England.

Hellie, that's wonderful to hear, someone who actually loves living in Germany. I'm so pleased for you that things are working out, just hope the red tape will sort itself out too.

Ha, ha! :P That's not what I meant, what I meant was one reads so many posts on the BB criticising Germany that it's great to read one that doesn't! :rolleyes:

@Hellie: if the git hasn't been in contact with you or the kids for the last 3.5 years, then I imagine that eventually you just gave up writing letters to him asking for permission to bring the children here, and despite all your best efforts were unable to reach him .. know what I'm saying? .. :D

It may be worth checking the terms of your divorce .. if you have sole custody, then I don't think you have a problem. I would however suggest that you consider Rechtschutzversicherung in case there is ever any nasty stuff, so you can at least drag it out.

maaph, he didn't even complete the divorce papers or the papers to do with the kids. he just ran away and disappeared. The judge issued a document to say that he didnt have to intervene as there was no case to answer to with the kids. I've got my thinking cap on, I can tell you. Perhaps I'm just worrying unnecessarily, I hope so!

There's some info on the "new" (since 01.01.05) rules for EU citizens on Toytown Munich (although it's a bit Munich-centric it does have some links to nationwide info):

No more Aufenthaltserlaubnis for EU citizens

Basically since 01.01.05 you no longer legally need a residence permit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis) as an EU citizen, but no-one's told most people that yet so they still ask to see one when you open a bank account, get a job or anything like that. Since you no longer need a residence permit I don't think the permission for the children should be an issue (but I don't think like a Beamter!).

What you (although I don't think it's compulsory) get instead of an Aufenthaltserlaubnis is a "Bescheinigung über das gemeinschaftsrechtliche Aufenthaltsrecht gemäß § 5" which basically gives your name, address, passport number and then states that you no longer need a permit. Yes, it's a certificate to say that you don't need a certificate. You don't need photos or anything like that for it - all you need is your EU passport and your anmeldung-form. I didn't even go in person - my GF was working nearby so took the papers in for me and in return I got a laser-printed sheet of A4 with an Amtliches stamp on it. It seems to work whenever I wave it under the nose of anyone wanting to see a residence permit.

Hellie, I shouldn't imagine that they have the resources to check the authenticity of every document they take copies of, especially if they are legal and official looking...

and I'll second what Tue posted, take every single piece of paperwork you can think of with you (even if you think that something is irrelevant) and someone who speaks German. I always found it amusing that most of them speak English apart from the one sat on the international desk!

Hellie,

I really think as long as they see the kids passports they will be satisfied. Take all the paperwork with you but only get out what is asked for. Show them more than that and you risk them getting confused by something they don't understand.

They haven't asked you to bring the kids themselves just the passports so the checks aren't really that thorough.

The biggest problem could be some grumpy Beamter who can't stand the fact that they have made a mistake when they realise the new regulations have been operating since the beginning of this year.

Let us know how you get on.