Fingerprints

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

I need to submit my fingerprints as a part of a visa application. Hence i need a document authorized from the country of my residence (Germany in this case as I'm living in Germany) and get it stamped and signed officially so that I can send it ahead for the visa process.

Please let me know from where I could apply for this document and the procedure. I had heard that I need to approach the Polizeipräsidium.

I'm not sure but need assistance on this.

Does the Polizeipräsidium. mean Polizie (Local police station in my town?) or its another place in Schelswig Holestein?

I approached Rathaus - But they told me they can give me a certificate of good conduct 13 euros will be the charge - not sure if they do fingerprints - The lady cannot understand english so i'm stuck.

https://www.norderstedt.de/Leben-Wohnen/Wohnen/F%C3%BChrungszeugnis.php?object=&ModID=10&FID=1917.142.1&NavID=1087.49&La=1

Appreciate members advice.

29 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

The search function is your friend.

I tried that but no where anyone has received a document with fingerprints. local police station says go to rathaus. rathaus says they can only give certificate of good conduct. lady on phone doesnt know english (i dont know german) how do i make her understand i need also the fingerprints to be taken.?

only someone from Toytown who has got such a document can help.

On Dienstag, 10. Juli 2018, pajero said:

Please let me know from where I could apply for this document and the procedure.

You would need to apply to the state CID (criminal investigation division) or Landeskriminalpolizei of the federal state you are registered in. Since very few people in Germany ever have need of such a document applications are a very rare occurrence so in most states there is no formal procedure.

I had heard that I need to approach the Polizeipräsidium.

I'm not sure but need assistance on this.

Does the Polizeipräsidium. mean Polizie (Local police station in my town?) or its another place in Schelswig Holestein?

In any other state than Schleswig-Holstein the Polizeipräsidium in whose jurisidiction you were registered would indeed be the place to go. However for historical political reasons you won't find a Polizeipräsidium in S-H. Their equivalents are called Polizeidirektion/en (PD) and there are 8 of those in S-H. The PD which has responsibility for Norderstedt is located in Bad Segeberg.

I approached Rathaus - But they told me they can give me a certificate of good conduct 13 euros will be the charge - not sure if they do fingerprints - The lady cannot understand english so i'm stuck.

The lady is partially correct insofar as certain staff at the Rathaus can accept applications for a certificate of good conduct (Polizeilichesführungszeugnus) albeit they cannot give you such a certificate since those are issued from a central office of the federal Ministry of Justice locted in Bonn and may only be sent by recorded postal mail to the applicants registered address.

Neither anyone at the Rathaus nor at the central office responsible for issuing Polizeiführungzeugnisse have anything to do with fingerprints.

Life would be easier on you, and the staff of your Rathaus, in such circumstances if you took a few minutes first to learn at least the German equivalents of the few key words you needed to discuss.

Fingerprint certification = Daktyloskopische bescheinigung.

On Dienstag, 10. Juli 2018, fraufruit said:

The search function is your friend.

I tried that but no where anyone has received a document with fingerprints.

Then you obviously missed the post at the top of the page you posted in on that thread where @Headloq explained on 4 Dec 2017 exactly how they did just that in another city.

^^See?

And you seem to have also missed the fact that just 8 days before you posted @tfernandes had posted from Norderstedt about the same issue as you.

^^There!

local police station says go to rathaus. rathaus says they can only give certificate of good conduct. lady on phone doesnt know english (i dont know german) how do i make her understand i need also the fingerprints to be taken.?

In this case there's not really any point in wasting time making someone who can't help you understand what you need.

only someone from Toytown who has got such a document can help.

I sincerely hope you are wrong there because the number of people on TT who have ever needed such a document are likely to be extremely few and I daresay many of those who did so in order to obtain a visa for another country are no longer active members.

======================

Here's a few pointers which may be of use to you now and in future.

Every organisation of any significance in Germany whether private or public will have one or more (for each department) organizational chart on its website. These are called an Organigramm and can usually be found in dropdown menus, sitemaps or via the site search. These are useful in determining which section of which department (in public entities often called Dezernat and Abteilung) is charged with which task/s.

According to the Organigramm Landeskriminalpolizei Schleswig-Holstein the subjects of fingerprint evaluation and/or analysis fall within the scope of Abteilung 4 Kriminal Technisches Institute and their subsidiary Dezernat 44 Erkennungsdienst SG441 Daktyloskopisches Auswertung.

I suggest you write down or take note of the italicised words I have mentioned in the above text, in particular in the last paragraph.

Those key words are likely to prove useful to you because whether you have to eventually go to the PD Bad Segeberg or the KPSt Norderstedt either of them should have staff who are allocated to those Abteilung/Dezernat numbers and they would be the people who have the equipment and professional competence to deal with certification of fingerprints.

schleswig-holstein.de - Landespolizeiamt - LKA

schleswig-holstein.de - Landespolizeiamt - Polizeidirektionen

schleswig-holstein.de - Landespolizeiamt - Polizeidirektionen - Polizeidirektion Bad Segeberg

Polizeidienststelle:
PR Bad Segeberg
23795 Bad Segeberg
Dorfstraße 16-18
04551-884-3110

Kriminalpolizeidienststelle:
KI Bad Segeberg
23795 Bad Segeberg
Dorfstraße 16-18
04551-884-0

Norderstedt:

Polizeidienststelle:
PR Norderstedt
22850 Norderstedt
Europaallee 24
040-52806-0

KPSt. Norderstedt
22850 Norderstedt
Europaallee 24
040-52806-0

=======================

In future it would be appreciated by those of us who do care to try and help by answering such questions if you would kindly refrain from posting the same question on multiple threads.

Such behaviour is very irritating because, apart from causing frustration and confusion to those who search for similar themes in future, it invariably happens that some TTer (like me) is halfway through researching or writing a detailed answer when, temporarily distracted by real life events, they return to find the enquiry has spread over 2 or 3 other threads.

Faced with the question, 'Where the heck should I respond now?' I usually quit for 24 - 48 hours to wait and see if anyone else takes it on. Sometimes, having already invested as much time as I felt reasonable, I am just so fed up with such impatient behaviour I don't bother to respond to the poster. at. all. ever. again.

Thank you in anticipation of your future cooperation.

=============================

HTH

2B

2 hours ago, 2B_orNot2B said:

You would need to apply to the state CID (criminal investigation division) or Landeskriminalpolizei of the federal state you are registered in. Since very few people in Germany ever have need of such a document applications are a very rare occurrence so in most states there is no formal procedure.

In any other state than Schleswig-Holstein the Polizeipräsidium in whose jurisidiction you were registered would indeed be the place to go. However for historical political reasons you won't find a Polizeipräsidium in S-H. Their equivalents are called Polizeidirektion/en (PD) and there are 8 of those in S-H. The PD which has responsibility for Norderstedt is located in Bad Segeberg.

The lady is partially correct insofar as certain staff at the Rathaus can accept applications for a certificate of good conduct (Polizeilichesführungszeugnus) albeit they cannot give you such a certificate since those are issued from a central office of the federal Ministry of Justice locted in Bonn and may only be sent by recorded postal mail to the applicants registered address.

Neither anyone at the Rathaus nor at the central office responsible for issuing Polizeiführungzeugnisse have anything to do with fingerprints.

Life would be easier on you, and the staff of your Rathaus, in such circumstances if you took a few minutes first to learn at least the German equivalents of the few key words you needed to discuss.

Fingerprint certification = Daktyloskopische bescheinigung.

Then you obviously missed the post at the top of the page you posted in on that thread where @Headloq explained on 4 Dec 2017 exactly how they did just that in another city.

^^See?

And you seem to have also missed the fact that just 8 days before you posted @tfernandes had posted from Norderstedt about the same issue as you.

^^There!

In this case there's not really any point in wasting time making someone who can't help you understand what you need.

I sincerely hope you are wrong there because the number of people on TT who have ever needed such a document are likely to be extremely few and I daresay many of those who did so in order to obtain a visa for another country are no longer active members.

======================

Here's a few pointers which may be of use to you now and in future.

Every organisation of any significance in Germany whether private or public will have one or more (for each department) organizational chart on its website. These are called an Organigramm and can usually be found in dropdown menus, sitemaps or via the site search. These are useful in determining which section of which department (in public entities often called Dezernat and Abteilung) is charged with which task/s.

According to the Organigramm Landeskriminalpolizei Schleswig-Holstein the subjects of fingerprint evaluation and/or analysis fall within the scope of Abteilung 4 Kriminal Technisches Institute and their subsidiary Dezernat 44 Erkennungsdienst SG441 Daktyloskopisches Auswertung.

I suggest you write down or take note of the italicised words I have mentioned in the above text, in particular in the last paragraph.

Those key words are likely to prove useful to you because whether you have to eventually go to the PD Bad Segeberg or the KPSt Norderstedt either of them should have staff who are allocated to those Abteilung/Dezernat numbers and they would be the people who have the equipment and professional competence to deal with certification of fingerprints.

schleswig-holstein.de - Landespolizeiamt - LKA

schleswig-holstein.de - Landespolizeiamt - Polizeidirektionen

schleswig-holstein.de - Landespolizeiamt - Polizeidirektionen - Polizeidirektion Bad Segeberg

Polizeidienststelle:
PR Bad Segeberg
23795 Bad Segeberg
Dorfstraße 16-18
04551-884-3110

KI Bad Segeberg
23795 Bad Segeberg
Dorfstraße 16-18
04551-884-0

Norderstedt:

Polizeidienststelle:
PR Norderstedt
22850 Norderstedt
Europaallee 24
040-52806-0

KPSt. Norderstedt
22850 Norderstedt
Europaallee 24
040-52806-0

=======================

In future it would be appreciated by those of us who do care to try and help by answering such questions if you would kindly refrain from posting the same question on multiple threads.

Such behaviour is very irritating because, apart from causing frustration and confusion to those who search for similar themes in future, it invariably happens that some TTer (like me) is halfway through researching or writing a detailed answer when, temporarily distracted by real life events, they return to find the enquiry has spread over 2 or 3 other threads.

Faced with the question, 'Where the heck should I respond now?' I usually quit for 24 - 48 hours to wait and see if anyone else takes it on. Sometimes, having already invested as much time as I felt reasonable, I am just so fed up with such impatient behaviour I don't bother to respond to the poster. at. all. ever. again.

Thank you in anticipation of your future cooperation.

=============================

HTH

2B

Thats a whole ton of information thanks alot i will approach relevant authorities and see what is their feedback.

1 hour ago, pajero said:

I'm still stuck here. I had applied to the following place via email. 

Landespolizeiamt

Mühlenweg 166
24116 Kiel
Telefon: 0431 160-0
Fax: 0431 160-60109

They gave me the following response. 

Hallo,

ich habe ihr Problem grundsätzlich verstanden, aber die Polizei macht so etwas nicht! Wir nehmen keine Fingerabdrücke von Personen für Führungszeugnisse!

Ich habe mit dem Ausländeramt in Kiel telefoniert. Auch dort kennt man Führungszeugnisse mit Fingerabdrücken nicht. Es tut mir wirklich leid, aber ich kann ihnen nicht helfen!

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Now to whom should i apply for the fingerprints?

*SMDH*:wacko::o

I'm afraid you are beyond the limited capacity of my patience to advise you.

I did do my best to poiint out where @Headloq had explained how they managed to do it.

I also wrote in what I thought was clear text above exactly where I thought you should (personally!!!) go to get a copy of your fingerprints taken.

For reasons beyond my comprehension you appear to have disregarded both the experienced report by @Headloq and my intuitive suggestions, which were based on 34 years experience of dealing with German officialdom in form of Ausländerbehörden, Landesbehöhrden, Bundesbehöhrden, Zollbehöhrden, Polizeibehöhrden etc., etc., etc..

Why you would even think it was a good idea to send an e-mail enquiry to the Landespolizei in Kiel (which was predestined to be responded to in exactly such a manner) is too far beyond the limits of my imagination to fathom.

The person you wrote to could only do as every other German official would do when faced by any non-standard situation.

If they could not find it in their rule book they could ask their supervisor or they could ask another official in a different state government department.

And then they could, in all good conscious, say no!

I'm not sure if it was yourself who introduced the word Führungszeugnis to your convo or them.

If you did it was a counter-productive idea, but it probably makes no odds because the official who dealt with your pointless and hopeless e-mail enquiry in this case acquired their own confirming opinion backup from the Ausländeramt in Kiel.

NB: NEITHER of those offices in Kiel could have helped you get your fingerprints taken by e-mail in any case.   

==================

Please consider this my LAST attempt to suggest to you to whom you should apply.

Unless you want to get involved in requesting official intervention at federal government ministerial level (for which support you would first need to provide an exhaustive record of legal grounds and bilateral treaty obligations from the country for which you need these fingerprints) your best hope remains as before.

GO physically in person to the Kriminalpolizeidienststelle:
KPSt. Norderstedt
22850 Norderstedt
Europaallee 24

with your valid ID or Passport and a copy of the letter or form you have from the country in question which shows your need of an official copy of your fingerprints and without showing more than your ID or talking about your needs to the 1st person on the front desk ask to speak to an Erkennungsdiensttechniker wegen einen Daktyloskopisches Sicherung.

Then try using your own personal charm to overcome that person's instinctive resistance to do anything they've never had to do before. 

ETA: On NO account mention or show them that e-mail convo with the Landespolizei in Kiel or they'll simply show you out the door faster than you can think!!

2B

Hi all, I went to the polizier

On 7/14/2018, 6:26:37, 2B_orNot2B said:

*SMDH*:wacko::o

I'm afraid you are beyond the limited capacity of my patience to advise you.

I did do my best to poiint out where @Headloq had explained how they managed to do it.

I also wrote in what I thought was clear text above exactly where I thought you should (personally!!!) go to get a copy of your fingerprints taken.

For reasons beyond my comprehension you appear to have disregarded both the experienced report by @Headloq and my intuitive suggestions, which were based on 34 years experience of dealing with German officialdom in form of Ausländerbehörden, Landesbehöhrden, Bundesbehöhrden, Zollbehöhrden, Polizeibehöhrden etc., etc., etc..

Why you would even think it was a good idea to send an e-mail enquiry to the Landespolizei in Kiel (which was predestined to be responded to in exactly such a manner) is too far beyond the limits of my imagination to fathom.

The person you wrote to could only do as every other German official would do when faced by any non-standard situation.

If they could not find it in their rule book they could ask their supervisor or they could ask another official in a different state government department.

And then they could, in all good conscious, say no!

I'm not sure if it was yourself who introduced the word Führungszeugnis to your convo or them.

If you did it was a counter-productive idea, but it probably makes no odds because the official who dealt with your pointless and hopeless e-mail enquiry in this case acquired their own confirming opinion backup from the Ausländeramt in Kiel.

NB: NEITHER of those offices in Kiel could have helped you get your fingerprints taken by e-mail in any case.   

==================

Please consider this my LAST attempt to suggest to you to whom you should apply.

Unless you want to get involved in requesting official intervention at federal government ministerial level (for which support you would first need to provide an exhaustive record of legal grounds and bilateral treaty obligations from the country for which you need these fingerprints) your best hope remains as before.

GO physically in person to the Kriminalpolizeidienststelle:
KPSt. Norderstedt
22850 Norderstedt
Europaallee 24

with your valid ID or Passport and a copy of the letter or form you have from the country in question which shows your need of an official copy of your fingerprints and without showing more than your ID or talking about your needs to the 1st person on the front desk ask to speak to an Erkennungsdiensttechniker wegen einen Daktyloskopisches Sicherung.

Then try using your own personal charm to overcome that person's instinctive resistance to do anything they've never had to do before. 

ETA: On NO account mention or show them that e-mail convo with the Landespolizei in Kiel or they'll simply show you out the door faster than you can think!!

2B

Hi - i went to the polizie at KPSt. Norderstedt
22850 Norderstedt
Europaallee 24 

The officer told me to go to Rathausalle and look for einwohnermeldeamt and ask there. Polize doesnt have any information on fingerprints.

To my surprise i found something on the berlin website.

https://service.berlin.de/dienstleistung/320310/

I took an appointment for 13th August just not to miss the date. But am is this the correct link and will they do it for a resident of Schelswig Holstein?

I'm sure there should be something like this for hamburg residents.

PLEASE HELP ME NOW

Given it's a federal republic, and the discussion here which is all at state level, I for one would be very surprised.  By the looks of that link, it might not even be legal for them to deliver the service for non-residents even if they wanted to (given it seems to specifically refer to a law relating to Berlin as the legal basis for the service).

But htere

13 minutes ago, swimmer said:

Given it's a federal republic, and the discussion here which is all at state level, I for one would be very surprised.  By the looks of that link, it might not even be legal for them to deliver the service for non-residents even if they wanted to (given it seems to specifically refer to a law relating to Berlin as the legal basis for the service).

But there should be something like this for hamburg or maybe its only available in berlin and hamburg residents too have to go to berlin to do it.

I've emailed hamburg welcome centre too on the same as i found something for hamburg as under

https://www.hamburg.de/innenbehoerde/beglaubigung/

but there is no mention of fingerprints here. _ Lets see what they reply to me.

I hope it's possible in berlin - At least they have something called fingerprint service.

On 28/07/2018, 18:16:07, pajero said:

But htere

But there should be something like this for hamburg or maybe its only available in berlin and hamburg residents too have to go to berlin to do it.

I've emailed hamburg welcome centre too on the same as i found something for hamburg as under

https://www.hamburg.de/innenbehoerde/beglaubigung/

but there is no mention of fingerprints here. _ Lets see what they reply to me.

I hope it's possible in berlin - At least they have something called fingerprint service.

Hi all - i contacted hamburg welcome centre and they gave me the following reply 

Guten Morgen,

leider ist der Service in Hamburg nicht verfügbar. Bitte wenden Sie sich für die Beglaubigung Ihrer Fingerabdrücke an einen Notar.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

AS PER THIS A NOTAR CAN DO IT - This is now taking a . turn - has anyone heard / known if any NOTAR can do it in hamburg for me.