incident in train ... should have called the police ?

79 posts in this topic

@AlexTr

please just read the news ( i am a bit fed up of people not reading the articles, and non stop posting things,

till they really get everything hand out in a plate) 

i am not going to highlight the phrases and do the whole copy paste for you. sorry. 

And of course, do not mean of course, that in the German trains there are now 100000 armed forces with night glasses, sniper rifles tear gas, super ninjas, Delta forces, special commands hidden under the seat, and that the cities are or will be  under MARTIAL LAW..jeee! 

1 minute ago, esqualidus said:

@AlexTr

please just read the news ( i am a bit fed up of people not reading the articles, and non stop posting things,

till they really get everything hand out in a plate) 

i am not going to highlight the phrases and do the whole copy paste for you. sorry. 

And of course, do not mean of course, that in the German trains there are now 100000 armed forces with night glasses, sniper rifles tear gas, super ninjas, Delta forces, special commands hidden under the seat, and that the cities are or will be  under MARTIAL LAW..jeee! 

I read the news. Crime is down in Germany. Immigrant crime is way down. I appreciate your FEEEEELLIINGS on the matter, but you're wrong. Have a great day.

On 7/9/2018, 12:35:54, MikeMelga said:

2) Arabic guys think that smiling and eye-facing girls means a "go"

buahahahahah but seriously you gotta feel for those guys because hardly anybody smiles at anybody in larger cities and when a good looking girl does, it brightens your day and some guys with not too much experience with women may take it as a wrong hint.  The sad fact is that most people have no control over their lives, are constantly in a rush to fulfill the expectations of others and have no time to smile at strangers.  Man when I think about it, having an interesting life, working when and how much  I want, going to the gym when I want, and doing what I want, I can't really judge those people.

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

I read the news. Crime is down in Germany.

If crime is so down in Germany, then it makes you wonder why the jails are filling up to full capacity in many Bundesländer so that the wardens are now severely overburdened.

Deutsche Gefängnisse sind voll

Es gibt keinen Platz mehr in deutschen Gefängnissen. Das stellt unter anderem Baden-Württemberg, Bayern, Berlin und Hamburg vor wachsende Herausforderungen. Zudem werden immer öfter auch die Gefängnismitarbeiter angegriffen. Helfen könnte mehr Personal.

In Deutschlands Gefängnissen wird nach einem Medienbericht der Platz knapp. In sechs Bundesländern lag die Belegung der Gefängnisse vergangenes Jahr bei über 90 Prozent, schreiben die Zeitungen der Funke Mediengruppe. Dazu gehören Baden-Württemberg, Bayern, Berlin, Bremen, Hamburg und Rheinland-Pfalz, ergab eine Abfrage bei den Justizministerien der 16 Bundesländer. Fachleute sprechen dem Bericht zufolge schon bei einer Auslastung von 85 bis 90 Prozent von Vollbelegung, weil die Gefangenen etwa je nach Geschlecht und Gefährlichkeit getrennt untergebracht werden müssen.

Mehrere Länder meldeten außerdem einen Anstieg der Angriffe auf das Gefängnispersonal. In Nordrhein-Westfalen zum Beispiel habe sich die Zahl der Tätlichkeiten im Zeitraum 2016 bis 2017 von 34 auf 72 mehr als verdoppelt. In Niedersachsen gab es 45, in Rheinland-Pfalz 41 Angriffe. In Bayern sei die Zahl allerdings von 65 auf 50 zurückgegangen.

https://www.n-tv.de/politik/Deutsche-Gefaengnisse-sind-voll-article20403661.html

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

Immigrant crime is way down.

Really?

Der Anteil der ausländischen Häftlinge stieg laut Bericht nahezu flächendeckend. In Hamburg ist er mit 58 Prozent am größten. 2012 lag er dort noch bei 45 Prozent. In Berlin betrug er vergangenes Jahr 47, in Baden-Württemberg 46, in Hessen 44 und in Bayern 42 Prozent. Am niedrigsten lag er in Thüringen und Mecklenburg-Vorpommern mit zwölf Prozent.

19 minutes ago, bramble said:

If crime is so down in Germany, then it makes you wonder why the jails are filling up to full capacity in many Bundesländer so that the wardens are now severely overburdened.

https://www.n-tv.de/politik/Deutsche-Gefaengnisse-sind-voll-article20403661.html

Really?

Do you really not understand how numbers work? That seems a little unlikely.

Prison sentences are getting tougher. This can be another reason why crime is down. Go figure.

Der Anteil der ausländischen Häftlinge stieg laut Bericht nahezu flächendeckend. In Hamburg ist er mit 58 Prozent am größten

I find that shocking. More than half of all inmates are foreigners!!?? I wonder what their background is: are they long term residents, or maybe members of Eastern European gangs who were caught in Germany while pillaging through Europe?

14 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Prison sentences are getting tougher.

I haven't found anything online to support (or contradict) that claim.

There's a very comprehensive report from the Finanzministerium with statistics but it's a bit old and only shows numbers until 2013.

https://www.bundesjustizamt.de/DE/SharedDocs/Publikationen/Justizstatistik/Strafrechtspflege_Deutschland.pdf%3F__blob%3DpublicationFile%26v%3D5

Prisons might be getting fuller because:

1. More people get sentenced

2. People serve longer sentences (your claim)

3. Prison capacity declines

26 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Do you really not understand how numbers work? That seems a little unlikely.

You mean it's fake news?:

41 minutes ago, J0ker said:

"You're using fake news sources. "

16 minutes ago, Smaug said:

I haven't found anything online to support (or contradict) that claim.

There's a very comprehensive report from the Finanzministerium with statistics but it's a bit old and only shows numbers until 2013.

https://www.bundesjustizamt.de/DE/SharedDocs/Publikationen/Justizstatistik/Strafrechtspflege_Deutschland.pdf%3F__blob%3DpublicationFile%26v%3D5

Prisons might be getting fuller because:

1. More people get sentenced

2. People serve longer sentences (your claim)

3. Prison capacity declines

All of these are possibilities. What is highly unlikely is that the government is lying about the crime rate, which it appears some posters are trying to argue.

@AlexTr I don't think the government is lying, in the sense that they have the number 10 and they tell us it's 7, but I don't completely trust them. It's reasonable to suspect that some misleading might be going on, or that they are "telling the truth slowly". Bad news about migration is bad news for the government because it pushes the voters away from the current party in power and towards less foreigner-friendly parties, so it would be at least logical that a link between migration and crime be hidden, or at least downplayed.

@Smaug So there must be a conspiracy then? Well, whatever stretch you have to make to feel good about feelings is going to be reasonable to you. I prefer data. The report you posted indicated a decrease in sentence suspensions on top of everything else. But I don't think the numbers up to 2013 are dispositive. More likely, suspension flattened while incarcerations between 2013 and 2015 increased making the decrease in crime number irrelevant to incarcerations.

12 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Yeah, sure, okay.

Of course, there will be news reports because those are true incidents. And there are many criminals among 20million people.

I can't prove my experience that much worse places exists in the world for women and tourists.

15 minutes ago, jubinjohn said:

I can't prove my experience that much worse places exists in the world for women and tourists.

"Exclusive: India most dangerous country for women with sexual violence rife - global poll"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-women-dangerous-poll-exclusive/exclusive-india-most-dangerous-country-for-women-with-sexual-violence-rife-global-poll-idUSKBN1JM01X

That much for your male "experience" .. 

8 hours ago, someonesdaughter said:

"Exclusive: India most dangerous country for women with sexual violence rife - global poll"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-women-dangerous-poll-exclusive/exclusive-india-most-dangerous-country-for-women-with-sexual-violence-rife-global-poll-idUSKBN1JM01X

My sister and her family have been  living  there for 5 years now . I visited Delhi a few times.

I just googled and I got this on top of  the link you posted.

http://www.internationalwomenstravelcenter.com/2017-list-of-10-most-dangerous-countries-for-women-travelers/

Your answer gives me some indication of your opinion. 

Human beings also exists not just male and female. And they do collect experience.

21 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Yeah, sure, okay.

Of course, there will be news reports because those are true incidents. And there are many criminals among 20million people.

With this crowd it's all anecdata and feelings.

6 hours ago, AlexTr said:

With this crowd it's all anecdata and feelings.

15 hours ago, someonesdaughter said:

From Reuters articel :

"War-torn Afghanistan and Syria ranked second and third in the Thomson Reuters Foundation survey of about 550 experts on women’s issues, followed by Somalia and Saudi Arabia. "

I do agree problems exists in India, but based on a survey of 500 experts ,India gets placed ahead of Somalia, Afghanistan  and Syria? all war torned nations! This is a complete nonsensical subjective survey.

P.S And US also exists in that survey on 3rd place behind India...so US is also a dangerous nation for women by that logic?

14 minutes ago, MechEng said:

From Reuters articel :

"War-torn Afghanistan and Syria ranked second and third in the Thomson Reuters Foundation survey of about 550 experts on women’s issues, followed by Somalia and Saudi Arabia. "

I do agree problems exists in India, but based on a survey of 500 experts ,India gets placed ahead of Somalia, Afghanistan  and Syria? all war torned nations! This is a complete nonsensical subjective survey.

P.S And US also exists in that survey on 3rd place behind India...so US is also a dangerous nation for women by that logic?

Does your internet have news? I was only wondering because it seems you have missed the entirety of the #MeToo movement in the US.

59 minutes ago, MechEng said:

This is a complete nonsensical subjective survey.

“India has shown utter disregard and disrespect for women ... rape, marital rapes, sexual assault and harassment, female infanticide has gone unabated,” said Manjunath Gangadhara, an official at the Karnataka state government. 

“The (world’s) fastest growing economy and leader in space and technology is shamed for violence committed against women.” 

"Government data shows reported cases of crime against women rose by 83 percent between 2007 and 2016, when there were four cases of rape reported every hour."

So you think  Manjunath Gangadhara, an official at the Karnataka state government, is lying, government data is wrong – and your and jubinjohns feeeeelings are objetive, right?

And with all that objective feeeeelings you dream of "manhandling street romeos" in Germany ... 

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

From Reuters articel :

India practises female infanticide and sex selective abortions. Even though outlawed sadly people still do it. The ratio between men and women is greatly skewed because of this. This is because of the Caste system. Dowries for marriage are huge, thus people favour sons.

In China it is the one child policy that caused this problem. (too many men and not enough women)

This skewed majority of men is what makes it dangerous for women, that with the idea that females are inferior. Misogny tends to be rife in this communities.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/china-india-grapple-with-the-consequences-too-many-men

On 7/8/2018, 8:49:56, Tap said:

Back to this incident, it doesn't look like the girls needed any help and I'm sure if they did, someone would have stepped in, or they would have asked for it, but they didn't.

Germans tend to be cowardly about helping other people. Their natural tendency is to take care of themselves first.  As a woman, if someone is touching my hair, they are to close and they are going to far.  These are young girls raised in a culture of going along to get along and they know no one in the train is going to help them.  It doesn't mean they were not concerned or scared. When I see such things, I let the men/boys involved know that I am watching them and maybe recording them.  I would rather be fined than let someone get potentially hurt.  But then I was raised in a culture where (Canada) where people help each other out.