incident in train ... should have called the police ?

79 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Tap said:

I'm a little confused as to what consititutes an indicent here.  A couple of pretty girls on the train, some boys try to chat them up, the girls stay polite, but say no and the boys leave, where is the incident?  This sort of activity has been going on since I was a teenager and that's a long time ago.  Maybe the boys behaviour was a bit forward, but it sounds to me like the girls handled it well.

 

I think the incident is that this man actually touched the girls (their hair).  That was more than forward. That was sexual harassment. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

You know darn well that photographing or videoing folks in public is illegal...

 

If I thought a young girl or girls were being harassed by an adult/adults and I didn´t think I were physically able to help, I would take pics as evidence for the police. Or If I thought I´d be okay, I´d urge others to take pics...but this stuff can also be spur of the moment so I can´t say for sure how I would definitely react.

Privacy laws are fine but if an innocent life is in danger...and I sincerely hope strangers would help your daughter, Spider.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tap said:

I'm a little confused as to what consititutes an indicent here.  A couple of pretty girls on the train, some boys try to chat them up, the girls stay polite, but say no and the boys leave, where is the incident?  This sort of activity has been going on since I was a teenager and that's a long time ago.  Maybe the boys behaviour was a bit forward, but it sounds to me like the girls handled it well.

1) German girls melt like butter when they meet a guy that knows how to speak with women, basically any non-German guy

2) Arabic guys think that smiling and eye-facing girls means a "go"

3) This cultural shock is not going to end up well

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tap said:

Back to this incident, it doesn't look like the girls needed any help and I'm sure if they did, someone would have stepped in, or they would have asked for it, but they didn't.

 

Indeed the girls didnt really need help this time ... but i got the feeling these guys are not the first time doing this kind of sexual harassing and if they were alone with the girls the situation might be different. Lets hope i am wrong.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen an incident where a German guy talked to a woman (she was middle aged and it was winter so she was bundled up) on a train and then touched her hair twice, with her telling him to stop each time and him stopping after the second time. Same thing- no one blinked an eye, but you did wonder if it would escalate. 

 

I hit on a number of German women when I was a young adult and always treated them respectfully- I never touched them or treated them like a sex object. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the problem is you don't know where it stops. I heard of a woman being raped on a bus. Other people let it happen, probably because they just did not get what was happening. But that is how far it can go.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, optimista said:

Yes, the problem is you don't know where it stops. I heard of a woman being raped on a bus. Other people let it happen, probably because they just did not get what was happening. But that is how far it can go.

in the case in the bus where i was, i wonder if i was not there, if the outcome would have being different.

these guys did not mind about the busfahrer, or the other one or two persons that was in the bus.

they really sited next to me and the girls, and where very aggressive. 

i can bet that if i was not there, they sited next to them ,and forced with a knife to get out of the bus with them. 

 

i really wish i would be stronger and courageous like Stallone in this scene in the "Specialist" movie :D . 

it really fits to the bus situation, the difference is the guys in my bus were actually more aggressive than these ones. these ones more like the "stupid young punks" type. 

 

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2018, 12:47:50, Tap said:

I think in that situation, I would have asked the girls if they were alright and if they needed any help. If they say no, then there's nothing more anyone can do.  I agree, the behaviour of the men wasn't good, but it seems the girls handled it well by telling them that they couldn't sit with them and the men left the train, situation over.

 

 

23 hours ago, someonesdaughter said:

 

Ah, TraceKira once again – of course the girls in the story had to be "scantly dressed", those are TraceKiras views on German girls:

 

 

I bet that 'incident in the train' never happened, it's just another TK thread combining 'slutty German girls' and 'arabic/turkish/farsi foreigners' ... 

 

 

 

 

 

21 hours ago, Tap said:

I'm a little confused as to what consititutes an indicent here.  A couple of pretty girls on the train, some boys try to chat them up, the girls stay polite, but say no and the boys leave, where is the incident?  This sort of activity has been going on since I was a teenager and that's a long time ago.  Maybe the boys behaviour was a bit forward, but it sounds to me like the girls handled it well.

 

20 hours ago, someonesdaughter said:

 

What "incident"? You, getting aroused by 16 year old girls in short summer skirts? 

 

 

It's not old school to call girls "slutty", "bossy", "repealing" (I guess you meant repelling and not repealing) and "cheap" because of their looks – and because they don't want to engage with you. 

 

 

Building on the statements by members who are women, I want to add that the patriarchal idea that a man feels he has to do something for young women who are able to do for themselves  is evidence of his own belief that women lack agency. Unless these imaginary women were under 14, most women do not require extra assistance telling a man to stop touching them.

 

That being said, there would have been hell to pay had I seen a strange man touching a young woman he didn't know inappropriately. This was a not a bus in Delhi or Daewoo.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlexTr said:

...most women do not require extra assistance telling a man to stop touching them.

 

I beg to differ if the offenders fail to take the woman seriously when she tells them to lay off. It is always nice to feel supported by whatever sex when feeling threatened.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, optimista said:

 

I beg to differ if the offenders fail to take the woman seriously when she tells them to lay off. It is always nice to feel supported by whatever sex when feeling threatened.

 

Well, differing is your prerogative. I stand by my statement.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is also the option of asking the service personnel / train conductor to intervene and assess the situation if you do not wish to step in directly, 

 

I only have ICE experience here but the train staff have been very efficient in calling the Bundespolizei at the next station to remove passengers for both antisocial behavior and fare doing.

 

On each occasion the conductors have warned the individual concerned that the police will be called and they will be escorted off the train. 3-4 police officers have then promptly turned up to deal with the matter.

 

The system does seem to work, but perhaps others here have different experiences with either intercity or regional train staffing. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8.7.2018, 13:36:01, SpiderPig said:

You know darn well that photographing or videoing folks in public is illegal...

 

Not wanting to start an argument, but this cannot be true? I saw an episode of Aktenzeichen XY last month and someone had photographed armed robbers as they fled the scene which had been a great help to the Police. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AlexTr said:

 

 

 

 

Building on the statements by members who are women, I want to add that the patriarchal idea that a man feels he has to do something for young women who are able to do for themselves  is evidence of his own belief that women lack agency. Unless these imaginary women were under 14, most women do not require extra assistance telling a man to stop touching them.

 

That being said, there would have been hell to pay had I seen a strange man touching a young woman he didn't know inappropriately. This was a not a bus in Delhi or Daewoo.

Mistreating or attacking women is not a regular incident in a Delhi bus.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jubinjohn said:

Mistreating or attacking women is not a regular incident in a Delhi bus.

 

So true. Indian busses and trains tend to have women only sections. Men don't sit next to women.

As a young woman travelling in South America there was a distinct advantage  in travelling with a man. TBH I don't care one hoot about having my own agency. If  am (and was) happy to have a man step in such situations.

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2018, 1:36:01, SpiderPig said:

You know darn well that photographing or videoing folks in public is illegal...

 

12 hours ago, deuu2010 said:

Not wanting to start an argument, but this cannot be true? I saw an episode of Aktenzeichen XY last month and someone had photographed armed robbers as they fled the scene which had been a great help to the Police. 

 

I always heard it is illegal, that is why i never filmed situations i witnessed. even just pointing the camera, some people can "Anzeige" you. some years ago i tried to film an "aggressive situation" and the aggressors, called the police to make "Anzeige" on me. (ridiculous,right??)  ( i left  at that moment) .

Germans friends said to me,  if i have any videos i should delete them. this is "stets strafbar" . that is why there arent many videos around of bad situations in Germany in YouTube. even if it is for a very good cause you will eventually get a big fine if you are caught. 

that is why i was so suprised with this news: that his kid filemd this, and it seems to be like this is so "rare" .but it is not. its just nobody films it. 

 

 

more info about it (very boring) 

 

because i had situations like this one happening to me, but i did not filmed it afraid of the consequences. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@esqualidus You do understand that individual instances do not equate logically to vast swaths of behavior that lead to large-scale response by the government, right?

 

 

Oh, wait, I see I used the word "logically."

 

Sorry. I guess you don't see it.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlexTr said:

@esqualidus You do understand that individual instances do not equate logically to vast swaths of behavior that lead to large-scale response by the government, right?

 

 

Oh, wait, I see I used the word "logically."

 

Sorry. I guess you don't see it.

 

are you living in germany at all? all days there is fight in the government in Germany in Europe regarding the uncontrolled migration problem.

so your "large-scale response by the government" is being discussed every day. 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, esqualidus said:

 

are you living in germany at all? all days there is fight in the government in Germany in Europe regarding the uncontrolled migration problem.

so your "large-scale response by the government" is being discussed every day. 

 

 

Really? So there is stepped up security on the trams and buses? Show me. What I see are general security measures  only being taken by DB and not by local and regional providers. I wonder why that is.

ETA: I am going to have to ask you if you read very much or very often

 

Quote

The chairman of the German Police Officers' Union, Oliver Malchow, told Welt am Sonntag to avoid "premature conclusions regarding the security situation."

He suggested that part of the decrease was related to the fact that fewer asylum seekers came to Germany last year compared to the year before. But Malchow isn't suggesting migrants are more prone to commit crime.

Instead, the figures show that more crimes are committed when there are more people in the country. Studies have shown that Syrian and Iraqi refugees tend to commit fewer crimes because they don't want to spoil their chances of obtaining legal permission to stay in Germany. 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now