incident in train ... should have called the police ?

79 posts in this topic

Hi all

I was in train and some incident happened which i think it was harassment. I entered the wagon and i sat near 2

scantly dressed young girls looked to be around 16. In the train it was 3 other mens who speak other language than german ...sounded arabic/turkish/farsi ...

One of them came and sit near the other girls on the other side of their seats and starting to say to them in broken german : you ar beautiful , where are you going ...you have nice hair /nice legs Etc .He was very bold and alpha male behaviour. He was acting as he owned the wagon and the people inside it lol.

The girls were laughing mostly .Then this guy got bolder and came near them and grabbed on of the girls hair and starting stroking it .

Then he did this a few more times and he wanted to sit near them . Afterwards it he was refused a few time by the girls (the sit is taken , we wait for someone else) he touched the other girl hair in a sexual way and then at the next train station he got down .

I wanted to confront these guys but i was afrad i would be called a racist or something and also the wagon was full and no one said anything to these guys...Should have i called the police? The only think the other guy did physical was to touch the other girl hair and to be honest she didn't complained... she complained only when he wanted to sit with them

Was i correct in how I proceeded ?

If the girls didn't complain, i do not see how calling police would do anything...however wrong the conduct of these people was

1 hour ago, TraceKira said:

and also the wagon was full and no one said anything to these guys..

Thats Germany...people normally do not interfere. Just a few weeks back i saw couple of guys in Stuttgart Stadtmitte ( from that same background you mentioned, not stereotyping anyone here!) harassing passerby girls and no one did anything including the girls...and i was honestly afraid to intervene against the clan of those thugs. 

Honestly such road romeos need to be manhandled by the crowd.,.police is too late and does too litte.

I think in that situation, I would have asked the girls if they were alright and if they needed any help. If they say no, then there's nothing more anyone can do.  I agree, the behaviour of the men wasn't good, but it seems the girls handled it well by telling them that they couldn't sit with them and the men left the train, situation over.

1 hour ago, TraceKira said:

. Afterwards it he was refused a few time by the girls (the sit is taken , we wait for someone else) he touched the other girl hair in a sexual way and then at the next train station he got down .

He got down, because he might be afraid that someone had informed the police.

plus the train is full of people he could not really do nothing.

plus his EGO was destroyed. 

But that story is nothing. .. i saw already situations like that one. i have one worse. 

i had a situation (i think i had already posted here) where i was in a bus after work where some girls

(they were minor i think)  seated near me because they had some guys following them. they were most likely "refugges" (not only because the girls said they were, but because in that bus stop there is a refugee center, and there were many of those hanging around (mostly strange ones, not old people woman and children ) .

the guys entered the bus, looked and make comments to me in threatening way.

to be honest i was scared, i had been already punched by some migrants of that type  in another situation.

the girls were talking to me saying they were scared and asked me to leave the  bus with them,

i advice is better to leave in a place where is a lot of people and not a empty station (it was dark/winter). we went out in a station where there was lot of people. they thank me and run away into the crowd nearby. problem solved. maybe even a rape was avoided.

24 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Thats Germany...people normally do not interfere. 

that is so true. people dont react to nothing. i saw big fights, even a guy with blood just being stabbed, and people

just pretending  they are not seeing nothing.  i cant really understand this. they dont even look in the direction. they dont comment with each other . nothing. no reaction at all. its like they have a filter. i am years here, and i still dont understand this behavior,. can some Germans explain me this? (i asked Germans friends i they just say they CHOOSE not to see. "einfach abschalten. nicht denken. es ist nicht mein problem" they say. - i really cannot do this. not intervene i can understand, but no reaction at all???

52 minutes ago, MechEng said:

If the girls didn't complain...

In this sort of situation all too often we women - even mature ones - do not know how to respond. We do not want to make a fuss, when actually we probably should. We even nervously "laugh off" such dumb situations, which puts out the wrong message. I would appreciate a man asking if I minded the approach of the offenders but that could be the beginning of an escalating situation... a police call-out would have been over-kill for this.

4 minutes ago, optimista said:

a police call-out would have been over-kill for this.

I'm not so sure. Surely they are serial offenders and they need to be stopped.

Maybe if everyone started videoing and taking photos they would go away. 

4 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Maybe if everyone started videoing and taking photos they would go away. 

You know darn well that photographing or videoing folks in public is illegal...

2 hours ago, TraceKira said:

Hi all

I was in train and some incident happened which i think it was harassment. I entered the wagon and i sat near 2

scantly dressed young girls looked to be around 16. 

Ah, TraceKira once again – of course the girls in the story had to be "scantly dressed", those are TraceKiras views on German girls:

On 27.7.2017, 20:17:03, TraceKira said:

Sorry to say but most of German young girls are one of the most repealing/ revoltingpeople i ever saw . Reason:

1. I am a foreiner and they refuse to have anything to do with Auslanders.I learned at work to keep my distance and say only work related stuff.

2. they act very slutty , have minimal clothing and get intoxicated in public acting in a vulgar way. In summer most of them have very short pants which leavse their butt cheeks basically in the open Seriously WTF IS THIS !? Since when decent dress became obsolete ?

3. they are very bossy and repealing

4. they are full of tatoos and piercing --> these are horribble and make them cheap

5. they look like they sleep around from a very young age with a lot of people, act slutty in general at night(its like they are asking for trouble)

6 they face looks very nice from a distance , but up close is littered with all kind of zits and discolorations , covered by a paint of makeup . I dont even want to know why they look so horrible from a young age(too much smoking partying and boozing?)

I bet that 'incident in the train' never happened, it's just another TK thread combining 'slutty German girls' and 'arabic/turkish/farsi foreigners' ... 

28 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

You know darn well that photographing or videoing folks in public is illegal...

No SP, it is fine depending upon the intention of the photographer.   This is a very good article on when a non-pro person with a camera can take pictures when others happen to appear in the photograph or recording.

1 hour ago, someonesdaughter said:

Ah, TraceKira once again – of course the girls in the story had to be "scantly dressed", those are TraceKiras views on German girls:

I bet that 'incident in the train' never happened, it's just another TK thread combining 'slutty German girls' and 'arabic/turkish/farsi foreigners' ... 

this incident certanly happened. Although i think them being dressed which such short skirts is out of the line i dont think they should be treated as prostitues . Anyway maybe i am old school.

I'm a little confused as to what consititutes an indicent here.  A couple of pretty girls on the train, some boys try to chat them up, the girls stay polite, but say no and the boys leave, where is the incident?  This sort of activity has been going on since I was a teenager and that's a long time ago.  Maybe the boys behaviour was a bit forward, but it sounds to me like the girls handled it well.

8 minutes ago, Tap said:

I'm a little confused as to what consititutes an indicent here.  A couple of pretty girls on the train, some boys try to chat them up, the girls stay polite, but say no and the boys leave, where is the incident?  This sort of activity has been going on since I was a teenager and that's a long time ago.  Maybe the boys behaviour was a bit forward, but it sounds to me like the girls handled it well.

A common sense comment!

Trace Kira's comment on "scantily clad" is not necessary. It does reflect on his attitude.

30 minutes ago, TraceKira said:

this incident certanly happened.

What "incident"? You, getting aroused by 16 year old girls in short summer skirts? 

i dont think they should be treated as prostitues ... Anyway maybe i am old school.

It's not old school to call girls "slutty", "bossy", "repealing" (I guess you meant repelling and not repealing) and "cheap" because of their looks – and because they don't want to engage with you. 

2 hours ago, BayrischDude said:

No SP, it is fine depending upon the intention of the photographer.   This is a very good article on when a non-pro person with a camera can take pictures when others happen to appear in the photograph or recording.

But FF was suggesting that people videoed making the subjects the center of attention..

I clicked on your link.. but it was in German which is totally unsuitable for a discussion on an English based forum.You seem to like posting these links as if it helps those who dont read German!

Anyway... To purposely photograph someone, usually requires the subjects permission...

Has anyone else noticed how TraceKira pops up when TT seems to be down on its arse?

I could have posted something from 'The Local' about photography legalities, but...

1.  Article (most like) does not exist.

2.  If it did, it would contain grammatical and / or statistical errors.

3.  I refuse to pay.

3 hours ago, someonesdaughter said:

Whether TK thought the girls to be "scantily dressed" or not, is not the issue here - the girls were dressed, and would almost certainly have appreciated some help.

I can also appreciate TK's uncertainty as to whether or not to step in, since apparently, everybody else in the train was ignoring the situation, but the issue here is whether he should have stepped in or not.

As a woman and as the Mother of a teenaged firl, I say "yes", he probably should have stepped in, or indeed anybody else who was on the train at the time and realised what was going on.

I don't think it has anything to do with who wears what, or who is making unwanted passes or whatever at whom, but purely on the level of "I care about my fellow earth-dwellers", somebody should have tried to help.

12 minutes ago, robinson100 said:

Whether TK thought the girls to be "scantily dressed" or not, is not the issue here - 

It is an issue  and it reflects on TKs attitude towards (German) women: They are either 'sluts' and 'sleep around'  or alleged victims. And the alleged perps were, of course, "mens who speak other language than german ...sounded arabic/turkish/farsi ..."

This is just another one of his 'Germany is doomed'-fakes. And i hope your daughter, as any girl, can do without the "help" of a sexist male that sees her as "slutty" and "scantily dressed" ...

5 minutes ago, someonesdaughter said:

And i hope your daughter, as any girl, can do without the "help" of a sexist male that sees her as "slutty" and "scantily dressed" ...

I would be happy for Shorty to have the help of any male (or female), if the situation so required, but thanks for your concern!

Back to this incident, it doesn't look like the girls needed any help and I'm sure if they did, someone would have stepped in, or they would have asked for it, but they didn't.