English Speaking Insurance Agent/Company in ULM (Baden-Württemberg)

22 posts in this topic

Hello,

I want  to buy Haftpflichtversicherung (Third Party Liability Insurance) and Rechtsschutzversicherung (Legal Insurance).  I am looking for insurance advisor (or) insurance company who can speak in English in ULM (Baden-Württemberg).

I don't know German. So it becomes difficult to explain the problem if incase I face any issue in future.

Any suggestion or recommendation which company/insurer would be appreciated ?

57 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

But if you need car insurance.. I highly reccoment https://culpeck.com/

Thanks for the tip.

Is this a recommendation of the competetiveness of their offers or the quality of their ongoing service or both?

Its all done in English with a response time that is second to none!

Also they are quite competative....

having said that, I would rather pay 10€ per month extra knowing it will not struggle if something goes wrong!

52 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

Thanks for the tip.

Is this a recommendation of the competetiveness of their offers or the quality of their ongoing service or both?

an insurance broker will try to get you the best insurance coverage from the market for you. While not all insurance companies work with/thru independent insurance brokers (some very few will only offer their insurances thru their own tied agents), an insurance broker will be able to check a vast variety of insurance offers for you and recommend the one best suitable for you. As ever so often, it won't be the "cheapest" that a broker offers to you. Because a broker has to look after your best interest and that means reading and understanding the terms&conditions in full. You get what you buy, and if you buy cheap, chances are very high that you'll bitterly regret that when you have to file a claim for real and just then find out about the loopholes and lack of coverage in the terms&conditions of the cheap insurances.

So, in the end, a broker will make sure you get the best value for your money when you need or want insurance coverage.

Cheerio

On 7/5/2018, 10:14:44, Starshollow said:

an insurance broker will try to get you the best insurance coverage from the market for you. While not all insurance companies work with/thru independent insurance brokers (some very few will only offer their insurances thru their own tied agents), an insurance broker will be able to check a vast variety of insurance offers for you and recommend the one best suitable for you. As ever so often, it won't be the "cheapest" that a broker offers to you. Because a broker has to look after your best interest and that means reading and understanding the terms&conditions in full. You get what you buy, and if you buy cheap, chances are very high that you'll bitterly regret that when you have to file a claim for real and just then find out about the loopholes and lack of coverage in the terms&conditions of the cheap insurances.

So, in the end, a broker will make sure you get the best value for your money when you need or want insurance coverage.

Cheerio

I am not quite sure what this general explanation / advertisement of what is an insurance broker has to do with my specific question to another user. 

I do however have considerable reservations regarding businesses commenting on topics which pertain to their vested interests without formally declaring their bias. I personally do not find it very professional and think here that you have crossed a line. 

Well, it's pretty good advice from a professional who's trying to help prevent you from being led down the proverbial garden path by someone who possibly only has their own interest at heart when maybe claiming to be independent, but aren't.

Starshollow & John G are indeed independent and don't hide the fact that this is their business. Also you'll find they don't 'advertise' their businesses on discussions like this, nor will they cold call / contact you. If you want their services then you'd have to contact them.

What Starshollow posted here is bloody good advice (for free) but of course you can choose to heed or ignore it.

12 hours ago, Malt-Teaser said:

Well, it's pretty good advice from a professional who's trying to help prevent you from being led down the proverbial garden path .....

What Starshollow posted here is bloody good advice (for free) but of course you can choose to heed or ignore it.

I second everything you just said. 

On 5. Juli 2018 um 09:19:40, SpiderPig said:

Deffo John G or Starshollow..

But if you need car insurance.. I highly reccoment https://culpeck.com/

I always link people enquirying about vehicle insurance to Culpeck and have had positive feedback over the years from people who have used their services.

NO, I am NOT on commission with them.

I dislike vehicle insurance and am happy other English speakers can sort it out!

I'm with Culpeck.  No complaints here.  When my insurance went up, they found me a better one right away.

On 7/6/2018, 2:45:10, Kommentarlos said:

I am not quite sure what this general explanation / advertisement of what is an insurance broker has to do with my specific question to another user. 

I do however have considerable reservations regarding businesses commenting on topics which pertain to their vested interests without formally declaring their bias. I personally do not find it very professional and think here that you have crossed a line. 

Dear me, Kommentarlos! You give your comments despite your name!:D

Starshollow and myself are independent insurance brokers and well-known criminals sought by the FBI amongst others but they haven´t found us yet.

I  declare herewith my bias: I´m an internationally sought after criminal who, despite that, remember I have a licence to lose for poor advice. Even for free advice!

Here it is again - and please check up on what an independent insurance broker IS:

Disclaimer: I´m an independent insurance broker,, authorized advertiser on Toytown and internationally sought after criminal but not living on the Costa de Crime ...( I leave that to the locals )

:P

On 6.7.2018, 13:45:10, Kommentarlos said:

Perhaps next time you do yourself (and everyone else for that matter) a favor and do a wee bit of background research before you write such accusations? 

Though I give you one point: in the Finance Forum, where I have written some 4000+ contribution in the past 12 years (and somehow gained > 5.000 positive reputation-points over all those years, there is always an automatic disclosure line below each of my contributions that explain that I am a professional insurance broker and advertiser here on Toytown. Perhaps that would have been good, here, too.  But then again I don't give a shit what someone like you thinks, either :-)

Good luck with your further attempts to find a good insurance...

Cheerio

Nope, I am still not understanding the sense of entitlement here that makes someone think it is ok to highjack a direct comment and then quote it to make a thinly veiled advertisement for / give a patronizing lecture on their other professional vested interests. Where does this stop?

Is it that you think you are entitled to moderate all financial services posts perhaps? Or perhaps just the posts for life in BW? Is no other dialogue permitted on topics with financial aspects other than those authorized by TT advertisers and such dialogues must be immediately shut down if going off TT advertiser message? Or perhaps it is simply a business model of any publicity is good publicity ...  

I continue to have no particular perspectives to communicate on the topic of insurance brokerage. For financial services in general I personally lay a lot of worth on transparency, clear attention to detail, ability to think outside the box and prompt support over the whole duration of a policy. 

Correspondingly, I am not interested in presumption, condescension, poor listening skills, mansplaining and victim blaming from either a service provider or their intermediary. Others may naturally set different priorities which I think are generally informative to hear. 

The OP is looking for someone in ULM. They have already requested recommendations for an insurance broker and so we can presume that they also do not require further general lectures on the subject of what is an insurance broker. Who knows, perhaps someone could give some relevant tips for ULM:)

One observation here- you do not actually have to be in same city/ town/ kitchen to arrange insurance  these days! We have computers, cell phones, Skype, face time etc!!  

2 hours ago, Kommentarlos said:

Nope, I am still not understanding the sense of entitlement here that makes someone think it is ok to highjack a direct comment 

If you want to have a private conversation with anyone here, the OP or Starshollow, there is the option of PM. I’ve been finding that really useful for detailed side conversations.

4 hours ago, Kommentarlos said:

Nope, I am still not understanding the sense of entitlement here that makes someone think it is ok to highjack a direct comment and then quote it to make a thinly veiled advertisement for / give a patronizing lecture on their other professional vested interests. Where does this stop?

Is it that you think you are entitled to moderate all financial services posts perhaps? Or perhaps just the posts for life in BW? Is no other dialogue permitted on topics with financial aspects other than those authorized by TT advertisers and such dialogues must be immediately shut down if going off TT advertiser message? Or perhaps it is simply a business model of any publicity is good publicity ...  

I continue to have no particular perspectives to communicate on the topic of insurance brokerage. For financial services in general I personally lay a lot of worth on transparency, clear attention to detail, ability to think outside the box and prompt support over the whole duration of a policy. 

Correspondingly, I am not interested in presumption, condescension, poor listening skills, mansplaining and victim blaming from either a service provider or their intermediary. Others may naturally set different priorities which I think are generally informative to hear. 

The OP is looking for someone in ULM. They have already requested recommendations for an insurance broker and so we can presume that they also do not require further general lectures on the subject of what is an insurance broker. Who knows, perhaps someone could give some relevant tips for ULM:)

as said before, I could not care less about what you think!

There is always some troll that doesn't get it.. so what.

Cheerio

It can´t be that important- the poster hasn´t even bothered to reply on this thread since posting Thursday! Another of the snowflake generation taking everything for granted?:rolleyes:

The OP hasn't even logged in to TT since posting.

Perhaps the comment-less one scared them away?

Can anyone help out with there recommendation/suggestion for what I have asked in my Post.