Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lupin flour - prevalence in Germany (re. allergies)?

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

my nephew is allergic to peanuts and lupin (latter was new to me). He's visiting soon. Does anyone know how prevalent lupin is in breads etc here? Any advice gratefully received. 

Thank you.

I know what Lupins are but never heard of them being used in foods so I had to goooooogle it.

It seems it's being promoted as being vegan, healthy & good for sporty folk .... other than this gooooogle link I can't really help, but good luck with your quest.

OP, I have no idea what possibilities you have in Darmstadt, but I'd go to a real local baker (not one of the chains who reheat frozen dough balls) and ask about his products and whether he uses any Lupinmehl.

Otherwise you have to look very closely at the ingredients lists on packet bread in t'supermarket.

Hope it works out for you.

40 minutes ago, Malt-Teaser said:

OP, I have no idea what possibilities you have in Darmstadt, but I'd go to a real local baker (not one of the chains who reheat frozen dough balls) and ask about his products and whether he uses any Lupinmehl.

Otherwise you have to look very closely at the ingredients lists on packet bread in t'supermarket.

Hope it works out for you.

Hi, thanks for the reply (and to those that also replied). I live near to Cologne but we will be staying with him in CentreParcs in the Eiffel..good suggestion about a local baker, thanks