Cat Food in Germany

43 posts in this topic

DM sells cat food called Dein Bestes ohne zucker zusatz. Which means without added sugar.

My four legged sweetheart loves fish, liver and chicken.

Wishing you lots of joy and laughter with your cat.

3 hours ago, Malt-Teaser said:

My little darling loves Sheba Pastette at the moment which comes in three flavours and you can find it in most supermarkets and pet stores.

My cat gets very excited when he sees the Sheba package even. He meows and meows. I sort of tease him with it, slowly opening the package, slowly peeling back the foil, 'Meow! Meow!' He wants that so bad and NOW! Usually though, he only gets Aldi's Cachet (with 'gelee', like sauce) which he also likes but Sheba is like a treat for him, now and then. 

On 6/25/2018, 11:16:24, emkay said:

You mentioned she was  I switched to various Animonda types from Zooplus with meat content around 50-60% and no added sugar.  

Hello Emkay  and thank you for your comment.  

This is excactly what i m looking for . More meat content.  

Animonda is a brand ? 

Animonda is a brand, a good one along with Royal Canin and Leonardo. For me these are the best but as John G said; cats can be very particular in that what they eat one day they won't eat the next. Variety is always good.

7 hours ago, Kimristim said:

Hello Emkay  and thank you for your comment.  

This is excactly what i m looking for . More meat content.  

Animonda is a brand ? 

Yes, here are all the varieties of Animonda cat food on the Zooplus website. 

http://www.zooplus.de/esearch.htm#q%3DAnimonda%2520%26p%3D1%26ci%3DCategory_facet%253D0%253A2Katze%253EKatzenfutter%2520nass%26cats%3D1Katze%26catl%3D2Katze

Zooplus is great for us as we have 5 cats.  Lowest prices, quick delivery plus discount with loyalty program (pay around 10€ per year to receive 7% discount.  Another 2% for orders over 100€).

Still a good idea to go to a pet store like Fressnapf or Futterhaus. Their staff are usually very helpful and friendly. 

All the best. 

18 hours ago, White Rose of Yorkshire said:

Wishing you lots of joy and laughter with your cat.

Thank you !!! ❤

7 hours ago, emkay said:

Still a good idea to go to a pet store like Fressnapf or Futterhaus. Their staff are usually very helpful and friendly. 

All the best. 

Yep ! I think its the best thing . I ll go in the WE in a Fressnapf . 

Thanks a lot ! 

6 hours ago, Malt-Teaser said:

Sorry to go on about about Leonardo products but we're talking 70% meat contents (wet food).

6 hours ago, Malt-Teaser said:

Sorry to go on about about Leonardo products but we're talking 70% meat contents (wet food).

Well ... thank you very much . 

I was checking and i think i will choose Leonardo . ?? 

6 hours ago, robinson100 said:

If anybody has the time, how about home-cooked cat food?

Plenty of recipes here, and no sugar, salt, whatever else the little darlings shouldn't be having!

Well that could be perfect if i cpuld just love cooking a little more ... LOL 

Thank you anyway ... 

9 hours ago, Malt-Teaser said:

Sounds good, I'll try it for our cats.  From the website, it sounds like a complete (Alleinfuttermittel) cat food.  I recently ordered 'Feline Porta 21' from Zooplus only to see on the actual packs, 'ergänzungsfuttermittel für Katzen - complimentary food for cats'.  This suggests a non complete diet food for cats and should be fed alongside other complete foods.

I had bought Applaws cat food for a while without realizing it's not complete. Cats loved it though and additionally ate other high quality dry food ...Hills Science diet etc.  

I think we are just about as mystified about the healthiness of pet food as we are our own foods.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything negative about animonda (Vom Feinsten) or Royal Canin, they're both good brands and I also occasionally buy them. It's just that I don't think you can ignore Leonardo.

Again it's down to your cats' preferences, some may like one or all, some none of these but all three are worth a try.

Go for the "pur" ones then you don't have to put up with cheese, veggies or similar.

I've struggled to find Leonardo anywhere local other than the Dehner. It's a shot I generally don't care for but in this case the only place locally I can find it. Sadly Fressnapf don't seem to stock it but they do have the others.

I suppose I could place a bulk internet order but then my Dehner have the duck (Ente) without the cheese which my Shoshanna loves.

Well thank you so much guys for every comment ! I really appreciate 

After a big hesitation, i ll go with Leonardo . 

I just have 2 more questions : 

1  My 1 year old Lia , eat about 150 gr/ wet food / day . 

I was checking in different labour s and package of4p of  50gr was for 1 day ... 

The most she can eat is 2 packages thats 100 g plus a little dry food or snacks between . 

I dont know her weight yet but for sure she is not skinny ... 

Could say the opposite ?

Ia that normal for her age ?

And the 2 - what do you think of the furminator brush ? 

The previous owner- mom ? told me do used it every day ? 

I use a simple brush for everyday ... but this furminator.. , i t gives me the feeling rhat using it brakes the hair ..  

Never heard of the furminator so I goooogled it ... I'm guessing she's a long-haired cat? Anyway, cats usually love things like this and she'll probably purr like mad when you're using it and it'll keep her fur from matting.

I have a few normal hair brushes which I previously used for Shoshanna but now I have a specific brush / comb thing for getting rid of matted fur, it's square-shaped with lots of fibres and really clears her fur. I tend to use it once a week and yes, she loves this.

As for amount of food; I'm not sure just how much should be given but I give her one packet (Leonardo, Sheba ...etc) when I get up early morning and another in the evening. She never seems to eat more than about half but I still tend not to serve half packets and refrigerate the rest.

In between she also gets some dry cat treats or even a real treat like a bit of ham.

Just one other thing which you may (or not) know:

You should keep the bowl of drinking water away from the food bowl. Mine is about 3m away in another part of the room.

If you don't you may find your little lovelies drink from the strangest of places which in itself isn't a bad thing, they're just following natural instincts of not having their food near their water source in the wild. Water is the most important thing for them and they don't want ot risk contamination of it with any left-over / rotting food.

@Malt-Teaser, here's a large selection of Leonardo on the zooplus website. I highly recommend them for lowest prices and good service.  Delivery is free over 19€. http://www.zooplus.de/esearch.htm#q=Leonardo. You can also get new customer discount, google zooplus Gutschein.  There's usually at least 10% code to be found.

@Kimristim, I don't like the Furminator either....far too harsh to use daily.  I only use our 1-2 times a year when the weather gets hot and the cats lose a lot of fur quickly.  A normal brush should be fine.  

I'll take a look at the website but it seems the "Duck Pur" is only available elsewhere as it's with cheese on zooplus.

@Malt-Teaser so she eats half of portions every meal ? 

The same here ... i just thought is not too much  . 

As for the water is always here . But shes not drinking at all . 

I put them with the food is same place . But i ll change it now . 

This morning i put her the food but she haant eat it till now . 

I know she needs time to adjust in the new house . 

The first day she come home i give her milk ( i know its not good ) , but as she wasnt eating or drinking i tried milk . And she loved it ? 

But I didnt give her again.  

@emkay yeah the furminatoris a little weird even if she love it . 

I just think is a little too much fpr every day as she is a Scottish Fold .  

One of my son's cats has kidney problems and wasn't drinking enough. I ordered them one of these and now he is drinking a lot more once he got used to it. I ordered some extra filters to go with it. They don't have very good water quality there and were feeding him only bottled water before.

My cat loooooves the Felix Meaty dry food and the wet food. I tried more high quality foods but he rather starve himself than eat it. I caved it after 2 days of him not eating anything and now we give him strictly the darn Felix Meaty stuff.