Can you get kicked out of Germany for shoplifting?

68 posts in this topic

Funny you should say that, emkay. Nicole left a ring at a jeweller's in town over a month ago for adjustments. Now she's in Hamburg.

I popped into the jeweller's yesterday - I saw the shop and thought to myself- didn't she leave something in there? 

So I went in. She had! So I paid and picked it up and took a pic on the SmartPhone and WhatsApped her.

She was delighted- and had forgotten all about it!😂

On 6/11/2021, 7:33:55, robinson100 said:

@MikeMelga - have you ever seen a doctor about your forgetfulness? Sounds to me like you have a very severe case, and there really could be something wrong with you... (I dunno really, as I am not a Doc!)

Nah, it usually doesn't bother me much. Either that or I forget it bothers me :D

Whenever it happens it's associated with some very deep thought, so it's really my mind disconnecting and focusing on something either important or interesting.

I also focus more on the task at hand on those critical moments like paying the supermarket, so I don't do something stupid, but I get stressed out sometimes about it.

10 hours ago, optimista said:

Oh please, pretty please, do share. We all promise to be kind. And not exploit your vulnerabilities. Or snigger audibly on screen. Honest. Come now... open up... you can do it...

Very tempted... but no :D

Mike! You know what is REALLY dumb? When you go to a supermarket, decide you don't want anything anyway, decide to leave and yet still wait in the queue!

I am too polite!😂

Mike, malandro , I - as your twin in forgetfulness and chaos -  have taken the liberty to answer on your behalf!🤪

A 'friend of mine ' went for a walk , found a bus haltestelle in the middle of a field, on the side of a road which looked like a private one, with no human beings anywhere in the visible region. He thought ' wow that's interesting '.  He sits in the almost rusty seats , thought about random stuff, his childhood. Acted like a child waiting for his school bus.  All of a sudden , the biggest unexpected thing of his life happened there. There came a bus. A freaking BUS!, and he hoped , please god , don't let the driver see me. 

But the god did not listen, the driver saw him, stopped the bus, opened the door, and said Guten Tag with a smile. 

'My friend' was in a moral dilemma. You can't disappoint that driver, it's very awkward. And he had no idea where that bus was going. But still he got on the bus and said " Einzel fahrkarte bitte". 

On 13.6.2021, 09:11:01, jubinjohn said:

You can't disappoint that driver, it's very awkward.

it wouldn't be awkward for a German..

The friend didn't come from a place where multiple bus lines used the same stops?  The driver will slow down as s/he approaches, all it takes is waving them on their way before they actually come to a stop.  Alert passengers are able to wave the bus driver on early enough that they hardly slow down at all. :) 

24 minutes ago, Acton said:

it wouldn't be awkward for a German..

True. Why would it be?