Can you get kicked out of Germany for shoplifting?

65 posts in this topic

Hey guys my friend really needs help. 
Today i was shopping with my friend and she was caught stealing a bunch of cosmetic stuff from TK maxx. Apparently 200 euros worth. I would have stopped her but we were at the same store but shopping separately, so i didnt know till we were about to leave the store.
The security guard took her out back and me with her because she doesn't speak English or German. I speak fluent English only. 
They called the police, and they came an hr later. Just before they arrived. The tk maxx security people took down my friends info (address, name, birthday). And when the police came they also wrote down her passport info. (we are from Korea) and told her to fill out a form. 
I think it said if you want to answer now, check the box and she she checked it. 
Then she also checked admitting the theft.

The police then just said okay you are free to go. You will recieve a mail stating the fee and a small writing section ( and told her not to write anything that contradicts admitting to the crime, and when the mail arrives just write that you are sorry and you wont do it again) and we were free to go home. She didnt have to pay anything at tk maxx. 
( ofcourse she returned everything and apologized alot) 
Shes freaking out right now, we did some google searches and it looks like she might have to go to court, etc ( google is really unclear)
Does anyone have any idea what will happen? 
Did she do a good thing about just admitting guilt? ( they didn't check security cameras & etc) 
Shes here on her working-holiday visa. But she isnt working so no income other than monthly allowence from her parents. 
Will she get kicked out of berlin( germany)? ( will they revoke her visa?)
Will she go to jail? 
How much will the fine be?
Should she get a lawyer?

Will she have to go to court? 

Should she contact the Korean embassy? (Infrom them that this happened?)

Or wait for them to contact her? ( incase they don't know about it) 

Also she'll get 3 letters right? 

1st the "Anhörungsbogen" (reply form) from the police , within 2-4 weeks

* dont really understand what this form

is 

2nd the penalty order (Strafbefehl), a few weeks after you sent back the reply form 

3rd the payment request from the prosecutor, a few weeks after the penalty order

in this order? 

Theres nothing she can do till she gets the first letter right? & won't know how much the penalty fine is till the second letter? 

Also her visa ends Mid Aug. what if this isn't solved till then? 

Its her first offence, and shes 22 years old, foriegner ( Korean).

Btw. She filled out (signature on)  two forms.

1 from Tk maxx, understanding that shes banned from that store for a year. 

2nd form from the police. 

Checking boxes 

1. Answer now  (box check) 

2. Admitting guilt ( box check) 

Signed 

We understand the first form but what is this form from the police? 

So she will only get the payment request form (#3)? 

So they won't send her the first 2 letters? 

1st the "Anhörungsbogen" (reply form) from the police , within 2-4 weeks

2nd the penalty order (Strafbefehl), a few weeks after you sent back the reply form 

3rd the payment request from the prosecutor, a few weeks after the penalty order

I thought she has to tell them her income ( allowence) in this case for them to decide the fine? 

AFAIK the fine of a Strafbefehl is set by the public prosecutor irrespective of your income. Only in a court trial presided over by a judge would your income be relevant.

@jebaOh! Okay thank you!

So she'll just get a strafbefehl

this happened last monday, any idea when the letter will arrive?

The really amazing thing is that someone managed to find €200 worth of stuff at a TK Maxx...

34 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

The really amazing thing is that someone managed to find €200 worth of stuff at a TK Maxx...

You obviously have not looked at their cosmetic section.

54 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

You obviously have not looked at their cosmetic section.

That goes without saying.

They never have my colors anyway.

I'm a law abiding citizen, but even I know the tightest places for security are Primark and TK Max. Every time I have the displeasure to walk past those shops to get to somewhere else, I see police cars trundling down the PEDESTRIAN street and pulling up right outside, presumably to arrest the latest shoplifters.

How thick must shoplifters be? Sheesh. Are they blind or what?

I was annoyed when the security guard at Boots in the UK asked to look in my bag. Some how I expect a voucher or some compensation for a false accusation. Although here I was once accused of stealing a sausage I bought in another shop as it was in my bag! 

On 12/06/2018, 16:52:45, El Jeffo said:

That goes without saying.

They never have my colors anyway.

They always stock mine!!! :-)

index.jpg

On 09/07/2018, 23:00:04, deuu2010 said:

I was annoyed when the security guard at Boots in the UK asked to look in my bag. Some how I expect a voucher or some compensation for a false accusation. Although here I was once accused of stealing a sausage I bought in another shop as it was in my bag! 

Everytime you go into a supermarket in Germany they check your trolley / backpack at the checkout. How is that any better?