14-yr-old girl murdered by refugee in Wiesbaden

251 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, esqualidus said:

i just find curious that his case is so much in the media.

The media has just one purpose - to stir things & sell newspapers / advertising.

or is also because she was jew?

AFAIK that fact came out later...

6 hours ago, robinson100 said:

I find it amazing that a whole family of asylum seekers can find the funds to all jump on a plane at short notice like that!

It obviously isn't so bad where they originally came from then...

What I find amazing is that the GREENS, who had been promoting women everywhere, are so happy to import masses of folks from regions that are known to treat women poorly (to put it mildly).  That the LINKies are in it to unsettle society is clear.

3 hours ago, esqualidus said:

i just find curious that his case is so much in the media. 

That's because she initially was missing, so it was in the news to make people look around for her.

Just like that scottish stag do bloke in Hamburg (who went missing) was in the news and on every lamp post in Hamburg for several weeks.

Oh good...

Lets hope that he is chained up in Wiesbaden for an hour and let the coppers turn their blind eye to this attack!

5 minutes ago, bramble said:

Oh, good news. Now we have to wait and see whether he will be extradited to Germany.

Iraq's prisons aren't really snuck and cosy, and blokes who rape and kill children aren't treated like pop stars, neither by inmates nor the guards.

May I also point out that Iraq has the death penalty for murder?

3 minutes ago, franklan said:

Iraq's prisons aren't really snuck and cosy, and blokes who rape and kill children aren't treated like pop stars, neither by inmates nor the guards.

Yeah, but it was an honour killing, so ...

5 minutes ago, bramble said:

I am quite confident that the court in Iraq won't see it that way.

2 minutes ago, bramble said:

"Honour" killings are murder of a member of one's own family (because they "dishonoured" the family). There was no family involved here

10 minutes ago, msam said:

"Honour" killings are murder of a member of one's own family (because they "dishonoured" the family). There was no family involved here

The family WAS involved. 

Polizeipräsident Müller zufolge kannte Susanna einen Bruder des mutmaßlichen Täters. Mit diesem Bruder habe sich das Mädchen möglicherweise eine Freundschaft vorstellen können. Offenbar verkehrte die 14-Jährige auch in der Flüchtlingsunterkunft, in der die Familie lebte.

https://www.n-tv.de/panorama/Fall-Susanna-was-wir-bisher-wissen-article20470122.html

9 minutes ago, bramble said:

Just in case you're being serious (unlike AnswerToLife42):

She was not a member of his family so still not an "honour" killing. I hate typing that phrase cause it's bullshit but it's a very specific kind of murder and a huge problem in itself. An example of this kind of murder in this scenario would have been if her own brother or father had killed her after finding out she had been raped.

50 minutes ago, franklan said:

I wouldn't be so certain that an Iraqi court would render a sentence of capital punishment on one of its own citizens for murdering a Western Jewish girl in her country. 

In some quarters killing a Jew may well give you street cred. 

Given that the murder occurred in Germany, the German government can't simply throw its hands up and outsource its prosecution to the accused's home country. 

5 minutes ago, Conquistador said:

Given that the murder occurred in Germany, the German government can't simply throw its hands up and outsource its prosecution to the accused's home country. 

But if they cannot get their hands on the culprit there isn't much alternative for them!

Then they'd better start applying some diplomatic skills, even pressure. This is brutal murder, not some jaywalking case. 

Of course, there will need to be an investigation as to why a family of 8 with German documents showing that they are asylum applicants is traveling back to Iraq (where they claimed to have been persecuted) without adequate scrutiny), particularly considering they traveled under different names than they were registered in here in Germany. Would it have been so hard to have a translator take a look at the Arabic-language documents and advise the immigration officer?

24 minutes ago, msam said:

Just in case you're being serious (unlike AnswerToLife42):

She was not a member of his family so still not an "honour" killing. I hate typing that phrase cause it's bullshit but it's a very specific kind of murder and a huge problem in itself. An example of this kind of murder in this scenario would have been if her own brother or father had killed her after finding out she had been raped.

I am serious. This was a planned murder with confidants who knew about the murder. The whole family fleeing Germany is suspicious. This is not the first time a non-family member is killed in the name of family honour:

https://www.ksta.de/panorama/mord-in-berlin-koepenick-polizei-prueft-moeglichen-ehrenmord-an-schwangerer-19-jaehriger-2944916

English version: http://10news.dk/germany-muslim-stabs-pregnant-german-girlfriend-in-belly-then-burns-her-alive-police-suspects-honor-killing/

15 minutes ago, Conquistador said:

Then they'd better start applying some diplomatic skills, even pressure. 

Trust me, the Iraqi ambassador in B already phoned home that "one of our folks makes all of us look like a bunch of lawless rapist".

Just to make a statement, the Iraqis will have that court case in their country, and the bloke will be punished by their law. I am not talking about a peasant's interpretation of the Koran, I am talking about law.  There is a dead man walking.

Although I think a brutal murder of this sort does deserve capital punishment, Germany is the jurisdiction where the murder occurred and this case amply displays the need for a signed extradition treaty between Germany and Iraq. What should be a functioning system of justice should not be replaced by an ad hoc solution when the media glare happens to be extremely strong. 

EDIT: Now that I think about it, doesn't Germany provide Iraq with development aid?