14-yr-old girl murdered by refugee in Wiesbaden

251 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, yourkeau said:

So you say unemployment rize causes rises of property prices? That is worth Nobel Prize in Economics (before some Klugscheißer jumps: yes, I know that there is no Nobel Prize in Economics, but this prize is known so colloquially).

I wouldn´t win it anyway, yourkeau!!  I still have to learn how to stop my lady visiting shoe shops..no chance:D

Me neither :)

I don't have such brilliant ideas as some TTers here. I just suggested to apply.

On 6/12/2018, 7:48:33, yourkeau said:

So you say unemployment rize causes rises of property prices? That is worth Nobel Prize in Economics (before some Klugscheißer jumps: yes, I know that there is no Nobel Prize in Economics, but this prize is known so colloquially).

I'm saying that net migration causes the rise of real estate prices regardless whether or not the migrants are employed if the state pays for their housing.  Supply and demand.

10 minutes ago, J0ker said:

I'm saying that net migration causes the rise of real estate prices regardless whether or not the migrants are employed if the state pays for their housing.  Supply and demand.

Either they are employed or they aren't and the state pays for their housing. Both doesn't work together.

Then, if they aren't employed, the total unemployment rate rises. The state pays for the cheapest housing only, while those who can pay more will move out of neighborhood with extremely high amount of the unemployed. The prices fall as a result because the rents are low. Unless it happens in East Germany with gazillion of abandoned houses. Then their price rises from zero to somewhere.

Or do you think people are against building refugee homes in their neighborhood because they are afraid of rising property prices? Nope. 

24 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Either they are employed or they aren't and the state pays for their housing. Both doesn't work together. 

You can have both in Germany.  Plenty of low income people get benefits top ups.

I count people who work 450 euro basis as unemployed for simplicity. But yes, you're correct.

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

I count people who work 450 euro basis as unemployed for simplicity. But yes, you're correct.

Not just the mini jobbers.  A minimum wage worker who works full time will get a top up too if he has a couple of kids.  During my zeitarbeit days, I knew a few.  Some said it's better to work full time to have the job center off your back.  One told me that if he got a job making just enough to get off benefits, he would be worse off because they don't just give you money, they also pay for kids school supplies, school trips etc.

7 hours ago, LeonG said:

One told me that if he got a job making just enough to get off benefits, he would be worse off because they don't just give you money, they also pay for kids school supplies, school trips etc.

My colleague who is the only bread winner and has 4 kids took Elternzeit and she told me she made more money during that time than when she was working, even if during Elternzeit your payment goes down to 2/3 of your salary capped to 1800 EUR.  The reason is because then, since it is a big family they were below the poverty line and they received support for paying their rent, they didn't have to make some extra payments they have to make in their kids' school, the kids get free monthly pass cards for public transportation and she and the husband can buy the reduced pass for 36 EUR instead of 90 EUR, and some other perks I might have forgotten.

9 hours ago, yourkeau said:

Unsure about Germany, but in Portugal the job center has the concept of "partially employed".

Even if you are unemployed but the Jobcenter sends you to a mandatory training you are not counted as unemployed anymore.  Therefore why sometimes they are really pushy to get you into the training, they have quotas to meet.