Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bathroom renovation costs

6 posts in this topic

(I made a new topic out of my post earlier, as not much info can be found on this theme)

We are thinking of fully renovating our bathroom (~5 square meters, get everything old out, and install everything new). Does anyone have idea/experience of how much could it cost, ballpark? I am especially interested in knowing labour costs as one never knows what this covers (e.g. tiling, fixing, electricity? exhaust, etc.)

Also recommendations, pleasee ...

ps. The main fixtures, i.e. wash basin, tub, WC, mirror, etc. costs about 4k for a decent quality.

The total cost can be anything from 3K to 15K depending on the materials you use and one thousand other variables.   The labour can be something around 5 to 10 days, so 40 to 80 hours, which can be anything from 15EUR to 30EUR per hour.   There would be a very big difference if it is possible to tile over the old tiles (cheaper) or if the old tiles must be removed.

This is of course is very very bold.

3 hours ago, niland said:

ps. The main fixtures, i.e. wash basin, tub, WC, mirror, etc. costs about 4k for a decent quality.

4k for those items in a 5m bathroom? With that limited space it's not as though you'll be having some sort of luxurious bath or even a particularly large shower. I would say get on the internet, and save yourself a few grand, by doing the supply bit yourself. In fact, a 5m bathroom would be a good first DIY project.  

Is this topic still live? Currently I'm facing a very similiar situation as niland did and would love some information. Of course I'm browsing the web aswell for recommendations and doing my own research but nothing really appealing so far. cheers

I also need to renovate. My bathroom has ugly tiles covering every wall, ugly PVC floor, etc. I think the prices for renovation that people quote are ludicrous. I don't want to change the position of anything, simply put a new toilet in and a new shower cabinet, and reglaze the bath tub.

I'm thinking of doing like we did in the kitchen, to have someone plaster over the tiles, then cover with malervlies and white latex satin paint which is durable,  easy to wipe and water resistant. Then bordering around the tub I would put some nice acrylic paneling, and the for the shower walls also some acrylic wall panels. Put in some top of the line vinyl panel flooring and call it a day. Screw tiles and grout... a lot of extra work for nothing. Not to mention the maintance/cleaning!