Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Street-safe sticker for bike

5 posts in this topic

My daughter has been attending a bike safety class at her school. She has a bike that I think is Verkehrssicher (I looked at the checklist and it seems good to go), but where can I get the bike officially checked and get the sticker?

My daughter took a classmate's bike to the class when the stickers were given out at her school instead of her own bike.

I asked at the local police station and they said at a bike store so I asked at a bike store and they said they don't know.

Any idea to whom I can take a child's bike to get checked and get the sticker (I hope, or feedback if it does not pass the inspection) in Hamburg?

I don't have kids, nor am I from here, but if the police and bike technicians don't know, it's hardly official, is it? It's cool that the school was checking that kids bikes are safe and presumably are encouraging them to make an active choice in getting to school. And you've checked the list, so I'd say you've done your part. But I hope you or your daughter aren't being given any trouble for not having it.

In a broader legal sense of course, the roadworthiness of a bicycle doesn't need to be officially checked like the Hauptuntersuchung of a car, but is regulated by the police being able to issue fines, which works because whether brakes or lights etc are working is easily checked, and badly maintained bikes do not pose a great risk to the population at large.

Thank you all.

The danger is from the steel of cars and trucks against the bones of the bikers.

But as my daughter is German it would be nice to get stickers for the children's bikes in our family.

The bikes have  been professionally worked over, checked and gotten parts renewed to be in good shape.

Here cars are given priority despite there being 5! big schools plus 2 children's sports clubs densly close to each other here, not to mention the huge complex of pools also close by, from school spaces being given to children with parents with cars who bring them from far away daily over the local kids, who are as a result often excluded their neighborhood schools and forced to commute to other parts of the city or move out of the neighborhood as a result, to the several garage spaces of my WG given to the couple of cars of a couple of renters instead of to the 400 bicycles of 400 renters which could probably fit in the same space to people having to pay rent to sleep here but cars may stay here for free... 

And the pedestrians are even lower on the totem pole trying not to have a hip get broken as the bikers pass them on the sidewalks.

On ‎28‎.‎05‎.‎2018‎ ‎17‎:‎13‎:‎12, sonazeit said:

My daughter has been attending a bike safety class at her school. She has a bike that I think is Verkehrssicher (I looked at the checklist and it seems good to go), but where can I get the bike officially checked and get the sticker?

Why don't you call the school and ask who did that safety class?

It is (depending on the Bundesland) either the police or the Verkehrswacht.