What is Baukindergeld and how does it work?

94 posts in this topic

The Kfw just informed me our application for Baukindergeld was rejected. They claim this:

Die Eintragungsbekanntmachung enthält nicht alle erforderlichen Informationen.

In fact, in their document  here  https://www.kfw.de/PDF/Download-Center/F%C3%B6rderprogramme-(Inlandsf%C3%B6rderung)/PDF-Dokumente/6000004381_M_424_Baukindergeld.pdf state "Der Grundbuchauszug muss die Adresse Ihres Wohneigentums, Sie als (Mit)eigentümer und den Grund der Eintragung ausweisen." whereas in fact all the docs I ever got from the Grundbuchamt, via our Notar, simply state "townblabla Blatt 7684, Abteilung III", which is of course not the real adress...

I will visit the Notar again next week, but can in the meantime anyone here elucidate?

Thanks,

Alberto

I have already the Eintragungsbekanntmachung vom Grundbuch. It originates of course from the Grundbuchamt and I got it via the Notar during the process of purchasing. It says we are now the owner of suchandsuch plot. Just it does not bloody say the address, which no surprise the Kfw wants. It rather says "townblabla Blatt Nr. 7684". It is my guess that this lack of address is why the Kfw says "Die Eintragungsbekanntmachung enthält nicht alle erforderlichen Informationen"

OK, maybe I am getting it.

What I gave the Kfw was the Eintragungsbekanntmachung. They ask instead Grundbuchauszug.

They asked apples I gave them pears (come on, are they not they same??? Or at least just as good??? Well, maybe no...).

I had some level of confidence because what I gave them was the only Grundbuch document I ever got from our Notar, so sure it had to be exactly what they wanted... 

I have just now requested the Grundbuchauszug from one of the many online portals, I should have it within few days, we will see...

Wherewearegoingto: thanks, it seems you were simply correct.

I'm about to apply now, I got all my ducks in a row as far as documents go and the timing... cross the fingers!!

Who knows what your kid will want in 20 or more years? Will he/she want to build a house? Maybe, yes.Maybe no.

But just make sure your child is able to earn income at that stage. I know.I know...I´m an insurance broker and have seen it all. Disclaimer etc-

Do what you want but  make sure your child is adequately protected FIRST in case of severe illness or terrible accident and unable to  earn money and build a house, have kids etc-.

AND: I remember my Nicole´s son on his 18th birthday! Oma had saved in a Sparbuch and presented it to him in the restaurant. Great! Forget the sum but inflation-adjusted over the years..forget it. Forget that generation of conservative Germans in this case ( and I understand the historical reasons ) but it was a loss

And the son pissed it away, of course! Suddenly he had friends!!!

Uhmm I am not sure I am getting the gist of your comment. Baukindergeld is not for the children to build a home later but a support to parents. 

@ingermany, we have Bangladeshi passport. My husband has NE. We postident almost 2 weeks ago,  but till now, didn't get any answer. We also tried via video identification,  unfortunately it didn't work. Please let me know if you made success with the process. Thanks

We successfully got the BKG. Bought the house in July last year. Filled up the applicantion form in December last year. Verified through the post office ( Indian passport) in December last year. Uploaded all the necessary documents in may this year. Got the confirmation and money in account in July this year. 

Even though the house is in name of the two people (wife & husband), only one need to apply. The Steuerbescheid need to be In both the spouse name.

One can check the application status in the online portal. Result of post indent gets updated within a week time. 

On 11/17/2019, 11:52:33, vivanco said:

We successfully got the BKG. Bought the house in July last year. Filled up the applicantion form in December last year. Verified through the post office ( Indian passport) in December last year. Uploaded all the necessary documents in may this year. Got the confirmation and money in account in July this year. 

Even though the house is in name of the two people (wife & husband), only one need to apply. The Steuerbescheid need to be In both the spouse name.

One can check the application status in the online portal. Result of post indent gets updated within a week time. 

@vivanco, we have Bangladeshi passport and we already tried two times for postident. Till now, we won't get success. They just replied our email and told that they didn't get our postident documents. Can you please give me some advice about the next step. Thank you in advance for your support. 

5 hours ago, Shamsun said:

@vivanco, we have Bangladeshi passport and we already tried two times for postident. Till now, we won't get success. They just replied our email and told that they didn't get our postident documents. Can you please give me some advice about the next step. Thank you in advance for your support. 

Was the post indent successful? Ie the post person printed the form, you signed it after verifying the details and they  sent it. 

If yes then thing you should see the update after one week. 

If post indent was unsuccessful, ie post person could not verify it and declined it then try to visit bigger post office where you may find some one who can do that. 

My post ident was successful. I got confirmation within 4 days. I agree with vivanco to try another location.

Did you follow instructions completely?  1) print out the post ident coupon that you can download while doing your KfW baukindergeld application 2) go to the post office with your passport and residence permit. 3) sign the paper they print out - done!