Someone poked a hole in my tyre

10 posts in this topic

Last Monday, someone thought that poking a hole in one of our new summer tyres would be a great thing to do. There goes another hundred Euro. I feel like going to the police won't do anything so here I am, sharing my frustration. 

Did something like this happen to you as well? Feel free to vent here. I hate random, pointless vandalism. <_<

A friend's BIL's best man once had a business card of a tyre service nailed to his tyre, very funny. 

29 minutes ago, Lillenoir said:

Last Monday, someone thought that poking a hole in one of our new summer tyres would be a great thing to do.

There's your problem. People only poke holes in tyres. Too bad you didn't have tires, instead... :P

2 hours ago, Lillenoir said:

I feel like going to the police won't do anything so here I am, sharing my frustration. 

The Police can't do anything but write up a report and give you the Anzeigenummer of that report  - which is what you'd need if you had Vollkasko KFZ-Versicherung which happened to include cover against vandlism with a clause offering no loss of no claims discount on claims below e.g. 250€

Time to read the small print of your policy maybe.

Crossing my metaphorical fingers for you!

2B

We went straight to our trusty auto service (actually, they came to us, inflated the tyre and told us to hurry the hell up before it deflates again :lol:). They changed the faulty one and ordered a new one. The mechanic then drew a small circle around the hole and told us that it was physically impossible to get something like this without 'human help'. He then told us to go to the police as soon as he gives us the tyre back. I already have someone in mind but I don't want to be pointing fingers.

Unfortunately, we only have Teilkasko so we're out of luck. 

We had a nutter at the Kleingarten who busied himself making holes in tyres and keying the paintwork. He is thankfully banned. Keyed the car of a lady attorney whilst she was watching. Takes all sorts!