Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stealing Gehaltsabrechnung (LOL)

26 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

You can turn off sensitive data. For example, web search history, Youtube search history and location tracking is turned off at my account.

But on principle, they have no right to collect the data in the first place. As Tim Allen pointed out those same idiots who complain about 1984 smile and wave at the camera when the Google Earth van comes round.

I have no problem lodging my doings with a company if they just store it and don't sell it. My Campervan GPS is TomTom. There was a scandal recently where they sent your travel data to the Euro police units to locate spots for speed cameras. That is imho unethical. I'm in the market for a new camping tourer GPS as a matter of fact.

3 minutes ago, dj_jay_smith said:

Of course with the increase of reliance on cloud solutions then there is even less guarantee now that data actually stays within the organisation!

That's another thing I hate ... the bloody cloud!

9 minutes ago, dj_jay_smith said:

Of course with the increase of reliance on cloud solutions then there is even less guarantee now that data actually stays within the organisation!

That's for really big companies, and as soon as communication is encrypted, that's ok.

But on principle, they have no right to collect the data in the first place. As Tim Allen pointed out those same idiots who complain about 1984 smile and wave at the camera when the Google Earth van comes round.

Well, the new EU directive comes into force from May 25th, all companies will have to be more clear what do they collect and what they don't. And then you have a choice if you use their services or not. Well, kind of: I have my Google account since 2005, it was still by invitation only. Of course, I don't like the idea of migrating my mail elsewhere. But at the moment Google does not abuse its power, who knows what will happen then.

I have no problem lodging my doings with a company if they just store it and don't sell it. My Campervan GPS is TomTom. There was a scandal recently where they sent your travel data to the Euro police units to locate spots for speed cameras. That is imho unethical. I'm in the market for a new camping tourer GPS as a matter of fact.

You need the government/parliament to regulate that. The problem is: most software is developed in California, so only Americans can summon Mark Zuckerberg to Congress and demand explanations.

If Germans were not luddites, they would develop more software, so there would have been some alternatives to Facebook and Google.

25 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Of course, I don't like the idea of migrating my mail elsewhere. But at the moment Google does not abuse its power, who knows what will happen then.

Cough! Splutter! You do know that Sergey Brin resigned last autumn? As for abusing its power, FYI Google is owned part by InQtel, a military company.

50 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Cough! Splutter! You do know that Sergey Brin resigned last autumn? As for abusing its power, FYI Google is owned part by InQtel, a military company.

I am not a party to any military conflict, so I do not care.

Sure, Californian police or FBI can get all my E-Mail, I know it. They can get the list of people I know (content of most my E-Mails is rather boring). I am aware of such risk, but I assess it as low, so I allow myself the convenience of using Google Mail. I have 2 Step verification enabled, so more or less protected from hackers outside.

By its definition, E-Mail security is based on your trust to server admin. I own a couple of domain names and I am capable of setting up own E-Mail server. But I don't want to.

Since you did such an idiotic thing here is my opinion, since you obviously wobbled in here looking for encouragement:

1) you're a moron

2) what you did shows how insecure you are 

3) you're not a team player

Now regarding your final bit where you asked questions which do not require an online forum to be answered (if.you have a bit of common sense)

1) yes it can be replicated

2) valuable or not, the fact is it's theft of another person's property. You sure as hell can be fined/jailed, and most likely fired. 

You just started your career seeing you're an intern, and you're already interested in how much your boss earns? Sure, a little curiosity can be healthy, but in your case it seems more like an obsession than mere curiousity.

Seriously, stop being a child. You're in the grown-up world now seeing you started working. Time to put on big boy pants and act accordingly.

2 hours ago, yourkeau said:

Sure, Californian police or FBI can get all my E-Mail, I know it. They can get the list of people I know (content of most my E-Mails is rather boring). I am aware of such risk, but I assess it as low, so I allow myself the convenience of using Google Mail. I have 2 Step verification enabled, so more or less protected from hackers outside.

You don't get it do you? This is not Stasi era where they check every word you say and haul you off (mind you I have experienced phone tapping elsewhere). Rather it is a matter of "them" profiling everything you do, yeah everything (including those late night peeps at the titties or at least the Daily Fail Sidebar of Shame). You want double glazing? They know which frim you clicked on. You want a Russian bride? They know that. So what happens is the sidebar of your browser starts to display all that shit. 

1 hour ago, jeremytwo said:

Rather it is a matter of "them" profiling everything you do, yeah everything (including those late night peeps at the titties or at least the Daily Fail Sidebar of Shame). You want double glazing? They know which frim you clicked on. You want a Russian bride? They know that. So what happens is the sidebar of your browser starts to display all that shit. 

Ah, if that would have been true, the fucking Amazon, shitty Google and goddamned Facebook would not show me ads of the product I've just ordered. If I ordered a fucking pair of the fucking shoes which last five fucking years you don't show me ads of the same fucking shoes because I am fucking not going to buy the same fucking pair of the same fucking shoes, I have only two fucking legs! (that was a rant, ignore it)

I mean, sure we live in times of information era, but abilities of Big Brother to use the information they know about you correctly, these abilities are still very primitive.

Social media shrank the world to the size of a village, but it does not mean there is no privacy. In contrast, with some little skills you can create an absolutely fake identity.