Is the online Ausländerbehörde site in Berlin broken?

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I know that the Amts in Berlin are chronically overwhelmed / overworked but I'm finding it strange that I can't book an online appointment for a renewal of an Aufenthaltstitel in Berlin between now and September (or even the end of the year).  Details:

- I've done this before online and had no problems with getting a Termin (at least in 2015 and 2016)

- My current visa is valid thru the middle of September so I'm just trying to book an appointment before then

- My partner is a US citizen and has a Blue Card and all other criteria (and has met it for the last renewals)

- I've been using this link to access the booking system (the same one I've used in the past), choosing the first option, then US for Staatsangehörigkeit , nein for living with anyone from the stated countries and finally Aufenthaltserlaubnis für Ehepartner, Eltern und Kinder ( § §  27-34)

- I fill in the next page with the proper information including my current visa number (and I've tried different combinations of names and numbers just to see)

- I have checked at reasonably fixed times (7:00, 9:00: 13:00, 16:00) and then other random times throughout the day for the last 2 weeks and not seen a blue appointment opportunity between now and the end of 2018.

- I've tried from 2 totally different IP addresses and physical locations using Safari and Chrome (normal and in Stealth mode) with the same results and I've tried the system in both English and Deutsch

I know we're getting into the summer season and that the Beamte will be off for a portion of it so I'm just trying to get a head start on the process.  Has anyone else experienced this recently?  After a couple of more weeks, should I just try to write a letter to them requesting an appointment and see how it goes? (yes, I know that I can take the chance and stand out there early waiting in line to see if I can get in but I'd prefer to schedule this a couple of months in advance and not have the hassle).  Thanks for any insights / other options.

I'm also needing to book an appointment at the Berlin ABH around this time and ran into this exact same problem last week. Any info would be greatly appreciated - I somehow doubt that the ABH is just completely booked out for the next 2 years (yes I checked that far ahead)

I finally got amazingly lucky ... during my 9:00am check last Friday, they opened up 3 full Wednesdays in August.  By the time I got thru the process of getting the appointment confirmed, they were down to just a couple of times on 1 of the days so right now, I think it's down to a matter of persistence and luck to get anything to open up.  Good luck and I hope that you manage to click your bookmark for the site at the right time.