Mom & Baby (or expecting Moms) Group?

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I know there have been posts like this before. I thought there was no harm in checking. Are there any baby/Mum groups in the area currently meeting? I am a busy lady but still have a great deal of interest in meeting other English speaking Moms.

Feel free to send a message.

Thank you :)

Hello Shelly,

I am afraid I haven't gotten any contacts yet but if nothing comes through we could always start our own :) I am in Duisburg. 

Hello!

Just stumbled across this thread and would be interested in getting together for a new mom meetup as well! I'm an English-speaking soon-to be mom (my due date is in two weeks!) and also haven't had much luck finding groups in the area. I live in Muelheim an der Ruhr...let me know if you guys would be up for scheduling something :D 

Hello Shelly and Emily,

I am in my 32nd week as of today :) 

Emily I hope your labour and birth went smoothly. I think it would be great to meet when our babies reach 3 months of age.

Let us continue this thread.

I didn't get alerts for this! I'm still in the 'expecting mom' group too :D I'm only 15 weeks today but I've already been looking around to find out about groups in the area to get to know more people.. 

I'm in Dortmund and I'm all for setting up our own group somewhere that works for us all! 

On 19.7.2018, 15:24:08, shellyc said:

I didn't get alerts for this! I'm still in the 'expecting mom' group too :D I'm only 15 weeks today but I've already been looking around to find out about groups in the area to get to know more people.. 

I'm in Dortmund and I'm all for setting up our own group somewhere that works for us all! 

All the best wishes and health to you Shelly :)  Hopefully the morning sickness is starting to ease off for you. The first 12 weeks really sucked for me, it was super cold and I felt sick and fatigued all day every day. Then of course I went to work at high school all day and couldn't tell other teachers/students yet. The third trimester some of this stuff comes back...but it's all worth it.

On 21/07/2018, 11:37:57, NativeFraulein said:

All the best wishes and health to you Shelly :)  Hopefully the morning sickness is starting to ease off for you. The first 12 weeks really sucked for me, it was super cold and I felt sick and fatigued all day every day. Then of course I went to work at high school all day and couldn't tell other teachers/students yet. The third trimester some of this stuff comes back...but it's all worth it.

Eep! I can't imagine working in a high school during the nausea and fatigue! It's slowly easing off for me but I've had insomnia since the day I got the positive test so I'm constantly exhausted. I'm hoping that symptom goes away soon too :D

Hello All, 

It's been awhile, huh? I didn't have notifications turned on for this and well...life just happened, haha. Thank you for the well wishes, everything went well...I currently have a lovely 6 month old!

@NativeFraulein Congrats on your baby...I hope everything went well and motherhood is treating you well!

@shellyc You must either be close to your due date or have a very fresh baby at this point, crossing my fingers and wishing you the best. 

I really hope that both/all of you are settling in nicely with your babes...would love to still get together if you guys have interest. Do let me know, I'm always up for a chat and some coffee :)