Practical questions on the citizenship application (Antrag auf Einbürgerung )

154 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, evildudette said:

It's the 'Sprachtest zur Einbuergerung' that Ohng linked to above. It's by coincidence that Spandau is offering this test tomorrow.  The advantage with these tests is that they are cheaper (25e), seemingly shorter in length, and the amt gets the results directly within a couple of days so you don't have to wait ages for the results. The test appears to be available every couple of weeks, and you need a referral to register so you don't have to wait too long.

Sorry, I haven't been following the thread carefully. :ph34r:

I checked out the link and if you want to take this test, you'll need to do it in your Bezirk. On the other hand, if you take a regular certified (telc/Goethe) B1 test, you can take it anywhere.

and you need a referral to register so you don't have to wait too long.

You've been waiting since April or whenever, I think you said earlier.

I have got a background in the languages side here and it's quite clearly aimed at "harder to reach" groups.  The people who for whatever reason cannot access the formal integration route (DfZ) or privately.   Not sure why they put you on it - unless because as you say you have not actually completed the 8 years' yet and so technically you are an exception.  Could be that, I guess.

The limit of it is (I assume) that it's not actually an accredited certification.   At least with the others, it's a certification takeaway for life to put on your CV etc.

But are they saying to you that if you turn up with a B1 certificate from telc (exams available to take in various places) they won't accept it? It really has to be the other thing? Odd and annoying, given your timing. 

If we as a collective find a telc date very soon with spaces and you book it and take it that won't help?

Obviously it will cost way more.

They will accept it, but the closest one is in 2-3 weeks and then it takes a few weeks for the results to arrive.

I've found a slot for their test at the end of the month and they will get the results in a couple of days, meaning that it will be a lot quicker to wait for that appointment.

Thanks so much for the thought though!!   I was just a bit unlucky that my Beamterin was off sick in the summer which pushed back my appointment by a few months.

Oh good. So glad you've got a slot. 

Yeah  mine went on holiday and we still haven't had our bill, without payment they won't start processing the docs - there's always something!

oh I hadn't seen swimmer's reply above, my confirmation was to kiplette - although swimmer's knowledge here is of course also valid.

AFAIK I'm not considered an exception, as they said it's fine to apply before the 8 years, rather than that can only issue documentation after 8 years, so they suggested I get everything in s they could just stamp it on the right day. I don't think that's quite what's going to happen, but still, useful info.

They gave me the bill today with a deadline to pay, which seems different to some of the other processes in other cities. They said they would start processing as soon as they had the sprachtest results.

Ok.. So I am about to go for it...

I Live in "RLP"... and the Landratsamt is 5oKM away... 10 km to my local "rathaus"..

However, just 1km away is the Rathaus of a village in Hessen...   Can I apply there to do my bits and bobs or do I have to do it in the Phalz?

7 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Ok.. So I am about to go for it...

I Live in "RLP"... and the Landratsamt is 5oKM away... 10 km to my local "rathaus"..

However, just 1km away is the Rathaus of a village in Hessen...   Can I apply there to do my bits and bobs or do I have to do it in the Phalz?

You have to apply in the State where you live!  

The local Hessisch Village will anyway probably not have the facilities to handle this, as only larger towns do this themselves otherwise it is done by the Kreis.

I suggest contacting your local Kreis and see what they say if you live a long distance away maybe they have some kind of mobile service or offer a telephone/online Beratung for the initial discussion: 

https://einbuergerung.rlp.de/fileadmin/einbuergerung/Kreisverwaltung_Stadtverwaltung_1.pdf

https://einbuergerung.rlp.de/de/themen/information-und-beratung/

53 minutes ago, sos-the-rope said:

Still waiting...! What are they doing over there? I got my extended police background check in 2 weeks, is this mire rigourous than that?!

I believe that applications are assigned to Beamters based on your surname.  So if you are unlucky you get assigned to one which is overloaded, slow or both!

I had two colleagues both whom live in Frankfurt who waited 9 months for theirs.  One was a Brit, the other non-EU.

Think of it as the last "test" in order to become German!

On 10/1/2018, 11:44:23, evildudette said:

oh I hadn't seen swimmer's reply above, my confirmation was to kiplette - although swimmer's knowledge here is of course also valid.

AFAIK I'm not considered an exception, as they said it's fine to apply before the 8 years, rather than that can only issue documentation after 8 years, so they suggested I get everything in s they could just stamp it on the right day. I don't think that's quite what's going to happen, but still, useful info.

They gave me the bill today with a deadline to pay, which seems different to some of the other processes in other cities. They said they would start processing as soon as they had the sprachtest results.

I got the infamous request for up-to-date payslips!

It seems they don’t know how payslips work (?) since they asked for “current i.e. this month’s” - well, my “current” payslip is October’s since (you can check this) it’s still mid-November.

but this is a good sign, right?

On 10/1/2018, 11:44:23, evildudette said:

Does anyone know how we’re expected to submit the latest pay-slip?

i guess just scan and E-Mail?

should we mail the originals?

Keeping three copies of course! 

I made photocopies and took them in (along with the real thing), but I included them at the start in the package of Everything. Do yours accept emails in between? Ours say no to that - it is a faff and holds them up. They do accept snail mail. These rules will certainly be different everywhere, that is for sure.

Maybe phone and ask?

15 hours ago, sos-the-rope said:

Does anyone know how we’re expected to submit the latest pay-slip?

i guess just scan and E-Mail?

should we mail the originals?

Keeping three copies of course! 

I handed in the original of all my documents, including payslips.

The Beamter anyway scans everything and it is submitted electronically to the authority handling the process (Darmstadt for Frankfurt), and then you can pick up your documents again or they will post them to you.

Interestingly, they also wanted the payslips from my (German) wife.

14 hours ago, kiplette said:

I made photocopies and took them in (along with the real thing), but I included them at the start in the package of Everything. Do yours accept emails in between? Ours say no to that - it is a faff and holds them up. They do accept snail mail. These rules will certainly be different everywhere, that is for sure.

Maybe phone and ask?

I mean for the follow-up, the application went in months ago, of course

1 hour ago, dj_jay_smith said:

Interestingly, they also wanted the payslips from my (German) wife.

yeah, they wanted updated payslips from my wife as part of the follow-up

1 minute ago, sos-the-rope said:

I mean for the follow-up, the application went in months ago, of course

I didn't have a follow up, so I can't help you.

Best to just ask them.  I would guess that they want to see the originals in most cases so they will want to scan them themselves.  But I don't know if this is really needed for payslips.