Scottish people in Munich?!

10 posts in this topic

Hi people of Toytown Germany!,

I have been living here in Munich for a year now, and I love it!.

It's really great to meet new people not only German but from other countries. However, I really

would like to know if there are any other Scots living in Munich. Not only "Scottish" by birth, but

even someone who lived there or is a fan of our culture. In any case, it would be great to meet you!

Maybe in an Irish pub or so for some Celtic vibes :D!

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Hi Monocole,

I am not Scottish and have never been to Scottland but I am a huge fan of the culture, history and geography. I hope I can visit soon. The Scottish accent is a gift from God :) 

Irish Pub sounds great

Hi Monocole,

I’m a weegie and have also been here about a year. Would be good to get a pint 👍🏼

Cheers,

Steve-o

8 minutes ago, Acton said:

"The Scottish accent is a gift from God "

This must be a first. In something or other!

Aye, and the bagpipe proves it!!

2 hours ago, Acton said:

"The Scottish accent is a gift from God "

This must be a first. In something or other!

Here´s a true story!

A few years ago, a Welsh businessman was in Glasgow to give a presentation and he surprised the Glaswegian audience with the question " what´s the difference between the mafia in New York and the mafia in Glasgow? "

No one dared answer...

So the Welshman took a deep breath (hoping for the best ) and said: " ok, ladies and gentlemen...in New York, the mafia make you an offer you cannot refuse..in Glasgow, the mafia make you an offer you cannot understand ":)

11 minutes ago, john g. said:

..in New York, the mafia make you an offer you cannot refuse..in Glasgow, the mafia make you an offer you cannot understand ":)

:lol::lol::lol:

The Munich Scottish Association is mostly Scottish Country Dancing, although they put on a ceilidh every couple of years. The Munich Caledonians do ceilidhs monthly during the season, although with recorded music (no band). The Caledonians are where to go for a Burns Supper etc.
For whisky try Tara (near Marienplatz) or M-Wein on Einsteinstrasse. The latter have regular tastings (free entry).
Large supermarkets (HIT, V-Markt etc.) here now carry 'standard' malts but are generally no cheaper.
Try British Allsorts for food items.
For Scottish football, you could ask at the StammBarr (StammBarr.com). Unlikely, but worth a shot

If you want to pay top prices go to Tara for whisky, otherwise www.whisky.de (or .com - same shop).

If you want a tasting I can always try to put something together for you myself.

Never personally tried M-Wein but I've heard they're decent.