Traffic fines in Norderstedt

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

i just wanted to know how do they issue traffic fines in Norderstedt. Are they online or do we get manual tickets on the spot. Or do i get a letter with details in my post

i see two cops with some viewing device everyday near schule rodenberg. I’m worried as they gave me a smile as i passed by. Couldn’t figure out if that is good or bad.

Someone please advise.

If it is a speeding ticket you are worried about, it would probably come by post, if you even get one.

Could it be that the cops were just being friendly?

It depends. Sometimes they'll wave you out of traffic with their big paddles, to visit their colleagues a bit further down the road, so they can show you the video and berate you for speeding.

Other times you just get a letter in the mail.

Just now, robinson100 said:

If it is a speeding ticket you are worried about, it would probably come by post, if you even get one.

Could it be that the cops were just being friendly?

Hi your message appears to be of relief to me. I see them everyday i wasn’t speeding as its was a 30 km lane and i had a car in front of me so i was quite slow. 

I hope they don’t issue any ticket as another cop was busy writing numbers. 

Isn’t there any online portal where i can login put me car number and see the fines issued to me. 

4 minutes ago, tfernandes said:

Isn’t there any online portal where i can login put me car number and see the fines issued to me. 

No. First of all, Germany isn't that advanced, and secondly, privacy laws would probably make the concept impossible.

It's a good idea in general to never speed in residential areas (30 km/h).

1 minute ago, El Jeffo said:

No. First of all, Germany isn't that advanced, and secondly, privacy laws would probably make the concept impossible.

It's a good idea in general to never speed in residential areas (30 km/h).

Oh that’s nice in Germany they do have privacy laws. In Dubai we cannot speak in front of the police. If ur issue a ticket that’s it. If u argue u will be jailed and deported after paying a double fine. And fines in Dubai are horrible , imaging having 8 or 9 radars in Norderstedt. Radars are wide spread everywhere in Dubai as they are the source of income for the government at every step u will be fined and badly normal speeding fines start from around 80 euro and end upto 1000 euro for red signal 

i feel deutscheland is much better and underststands people. 

God bless Germany 

If you want to live a pristine life and ensure entrance to The Good Place after you turn toes up to the daisies, sure. But I make exceptions sometimes for phantom autobahn construction sites with posted 60 km/h limits.

I also honk my horn whenever I pass through Bayreuth on the A9 at night and see those stupid "Lärmschutz" signs that tell you to go 60 on a 3-lane autobahn. Don't like freeway noise? Don't move next to the freeway!