Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking for wedding photographer with reasonable prices -- Prien

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

we are getting married soon and looking for a good photographer to document our special day. As out budget is rather limited, we decided to reduce the shooting to the first couple of hours of the ceremony (the prices out there are insane!).

Does anybody knows a good photographer who matches our criterion?

Thanks in advance.

All the best,

Sarah

I can't answer your question directly, but offer some advise:

As a keen amateur I have been asked to do wedding photos for family members and friends when they have been on a limited budget.  I have done this, but very reluctantly as it is a large responsibility and a lot of work (processing the photos later takes 10 times longer than the day itself, and people do not realise this.  And if you think the photos don't need processing later, then sorry but you don't really understand.).  

But, what I have suggested to people who want to keep the cost down is to have you official photos as a couple done with a professional.  This you can do before or after the wedding.

One or more of these are the photos that you will treasure the most and put on display in your house!

You can then get friends and family to help with the rest.  Such "reportage" photos don't require as much technical skill, it is about capturing the moment (so just take lots!).  

BTW:  I always say that saving money on a professional photographer is a false saving.  There is a reason why they are expensive, due to the time and equipment that they need to invest in.  But a professional will be able to capture the day a million times better than any keen amateur like I could!

The photos will last a lifetime, where as other things might only be used once!